Can I download a game on 2 different consoles and play online on both?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Hi every one,me and my friend would like to buy fifa 13 from psn store,and I would like to know if I download the game on 2 different console would we be able to play online on both consoles or not.

thank you very much for ur help

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts
Hmm, well normally I'd instantly say 'yes' b/c in theory you 'could' download it onto 2 different consoles; but the only hang up I would say you might have is w/ EA itself. I don't know if you'll have to go through some verification process after purchase to 'activate' on their server and if so, if it'll lock that digital copy to only one user account or not. I'd say get on an EA help forum or contact customer support and inquire about if it's possible to do.....just don't implicate that you and your friend intend on 'sharing' or 'co-purchasing' the same digital version. Just make it seem like you have 2 ps3s but at different location (like you play at home and an older 'sibling' has the other at their 'house') and see what they say.
mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
I don't know about FIFA 13 but me and my brother downloaded Burnout Paradise on our consoles a few years back and it worked perfectly. PSN will not give a problem. The only possible problem is if it requires a login from EA along with PSN.
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deaho

I don't know about FIFA 13 but me and my brother downloaded Burnout Paradise on our consoles a few years back and it worked perfectly. PSN will not give a problem. The only possible problem is if it requires a login from EA along with PSN.mstrchf12

burnout is old game and there was no online pass code,but now there is but this is for the disc games but I don't know about the digital download games.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Yes but you'd have to log in to different accounts. Downloaded content are for all accounts to play once it's downloaded to the particular unit.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Yeah, you can, and you can each play on your own accounts too. Only a few game have restrictions on this, nba2k12 and warhawk off the top of my head.
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deaho

thanks every one for ur help,it works :)