Can I change the region from my PSN ID??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tulio181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tulio181
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

Becouse my country (Dominican Reopublic) unfortunately did not figure in the countrys allowed in the PSN I put the only spanish speaking country that i saw: Spain and the all my things in the PSN store where in euros and i wanted dollars.....I want to change the region to the US that´s the closest one to me and I dont know how!!!!!???}

I dont want to imagine that i´ll have to make a new account with another nick after I pick the one that I like the most....and also i put my principal email in that account, can I change that???

Deam!!! this sucks!!! they have to fix that!! they have to imagine that people travel and emigrate......they cannot be constraint to one region only!!!

is there something to be done???

P.S. pardon for my bad writen eanglish

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
no, you may create a new PS3 user and in that new user create a new PSN Acc with th Region you wish.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
oh but i also heard you can only shop from the PSN respective to your country..
Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
No if you have a Playstation Network card than your good to go, you can make an U.S. account and buy stuff from the U.S. if you live in china or w.e. It only matters if you put in your credit card info and than you can only pay and buy items by your country.
tulio181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tulio181
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

Deam!!! that sucksssss!! I picked such I niice nickname!!! deam!!

Thanks anyways guys!

ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ShunnX7
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

Like your from my country, ill say it on spanish..

Primero de todo, ami tambien me paso eso y lo que hize fue crear una nueva cuenta de PS3 y crearme otra cuenta de PSN. el nombre da igual si solo lo usas para logear xD

Pones algun pais de estados unidos y listo, Ha! tambien la version americana de PSN es mas avanzada que la de españa, me explico, tiene mas juegos,mas variedades,mas demos y/o trailers. Pero la que mas variedad tiene de todas es la Japonesa, pero no entenderias una mierda :P

Suerte

antifeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 antifeel
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I am not going to write the whole story again. Same as anyone here. Had to pick a country which mine wasn't in the registration process, I picked the states because there were no warnings for the regional restriction between game and DLC. I bought a DLC and ofcourse it didn't work. I live in TURKEY, there is an official distribution of Sony Playstation, it is a region 2 country and all my games are region 2. I wrote many emails to PS at US, EU and JP. None can answer about it. There is a turkish explanatory about how to use the Store, which is like a joke while you can't use it since the console is out. Here is my email that I start sending and I will keep doing it to everywhere I can reach.

- thats the copy of my email-

Countries that are left out of the PS3 Store (at PSN) cannot buy your products.

I live in Turkey. Therefore I cannot access the PS Store to BUY from you and any PS3 game developer.

By limiting the customer to have no full access of the product that has been advertised
with these options is against the consumer rights.

Here is the link of how it's been advertised on its manual:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/tr/ps3/current/store/purchase.html

It is software developers responsibility for this product by not including any warning and geolocation
verification in their softwares. Leaving the customer to have no choice but to choose any country
in the same or different region for a faulty non-refundable purchase.
(Geolocation is used by the same software companies for their own benefits that is being sold through
the PSN)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolocation

It is nonsense by commercial means for developers that speak loud about DLC sales issues.

This is a mistreatment and an abuse of consumer rights that exist since the release of PS3.

This letter will be send to PS3 developers and the PSN. It will be issued to the FCC in the
United States and the European Consumer Commission in the EU.

inaka_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 inaka_rob
Member since 2009 • 1531 Posts

you have to be kidding me!!! You can not change your country.

EPIC fail for sony. I have a 360 and ps3 and I play my 360 more. now that I found this out I am going to play my ps3 EVEN less.

I live in Japan and have a japnese credit card so I thought I would get a japanese account, but I import my games from the USA. I can not get DLC for my games!!!!!!!!!!!!! epic %%%%ing fail on sony.

I have the best psn nick name too, not to mention an ###load of trophies.

NuAgeKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NuAgeKilla
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I did an internet connection test on ps3 and the obtaining ip address succeeded and internet connection succeeded but the play station network failed. I turned off my router and ps3 and waited and i turned it back on and it still didnt work. But it was working fine yesterday. Is there anything i can do? If you have any idea please tell me
NuAgeKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NuAgeKilla
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="NuAgeKilla"]I did an internet connection test on ps3 and the obtaining ip address succeeded and internet connection succeeded but the play station network failed. I turned off my router and ps3 and waited and i turned it back on and it still didnt work. But it was working fine yesterday. Is there anything i can do? If you have any idea please tell me

nvm its working