Can a ps3 controller work on a ps2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mjk_1 (13923 posts) -
I know it's wireless but what if you were to plug it into the ps2's usb?
#2 Posted by TIGERLUCK (734 posts) -
why not just try it? i know it works for PC..
#3 Posted by KittenNipples (3013 posts) -
really? really now...
#4 Posted by LORDDICE1 (1263 posts) -
is this a joke? How would new technology work with old hardware and software, think about it. The controller is bluetooth, it just charges from the usb.
I know it's wireless but what if you were to plug it into the ps2's usb?mjk_1
#5 Posted by mjk_1 (13923 posts) -
Why are you guys making fun? I mean the 360 controller works if it has no batteries and you plug in the play and charge kit to the 360's USB... Like TIGERLUCK said, it works for PC, so we know it can work for not only PS3. Also Sony always has the best backword compatibility so you never know.
#6 Posted by PSP107 (11908 posts) -

is this a joke? How would new technology work with old hardware and software, think about it. The controller is bluetooth, it just charges from the usb.[QUOTE="mjk_1"]I know it's wireless but what if you were to plug it into the ps2's usb?LORDDICE1

can u use PS3 controllers for PS2 games?

#8 Posted by The_Goat_Azz (302 posts) -

:roll: Another dumb thread featuring another dumb question. Didn't your parents teach you think before ou speak?:lol:DXNation

no question are dumb. ur dumb cuz u posted this.

#9 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

Why are you guys making fun? I mean the 360 controller works if it has no batteries and you plug in the play and charge kit to the 360's USB... Like TIGERLUCK said, it works for PC, so we know it can work for not only PS3. Also Sony always has the best backword compatibility so you never know.mjk_1

I'm sure it souldn't work, because yes, Sony's good with backwards compatability like you said.

Here's the twist though, backwards compatability has nothing to do with this.

Unless Sony planned ahead that they were going to be using Blu-Tooth tech/USBs a lot, then I doubt that the PS2 can read it without 3rd party hacks or special hardware.

In other words, Sony has to be good at "future compatability", not back, because we're dealing with the PS2 here.