Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is a complete disaster.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

The single player is 45 minutes long and multiplayer is completely broken according to this review...

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a438108/black-ops-declassified-panned-by-critics-only-an-hour-long.html

Gamespot is doing a live playthrough now and about 30 seconds in there was a gamebreaking bug and they had to restart...

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=cod_black_ops_declassified20121114

What a joke. The sad thing is delusional fanboys will eat this up anyways.

EDIT: Giant Bomb gave it a 1 outta 5

http://www.giantbomb.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/61-38542/reviews/

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

When you first install it there is aprox 500mb patch LOL but it seems to run good on my VITA now and the online is pretty good

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
It's scoring how I initially suspected; though after an impulse buy on launch, I don't particularly regret it! Graphics are pretty damn good, plays just like COD on a smaller scale - the single player content is SEVERELY lacking (which is where I assume most of the points were lost) though it has pretty robust multiplayer and has a great pick up and play appeal. The reviews are incredibly harsh, I've thus far encountered no issues other than the aforementioned content, or lack there of. Im'a play the hell out of it a few weeks then trade it for PSABR probably!
SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

The reviews are incredibly harsh oddballrulez
For good reason. It's pretty much a multiplayer only game on a portable system. If you're at home on wifi would why anyone play this over Black Ops 2?

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="oddballrulez"]The reviews are incredibly harsh k3ck

For good reason. It's pretty much a multiplayer only game on a portable system. If you're at home on wifi would why anyone play this over Black Ops 2?

Na I like the story and side missions. Why would some one play cod on a different system because we are not the borg off of star trek and can have different interest.
A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

I have no console system, so Declassified is the only CoD I got and its pretty damn good for a FPS on the vita. the only downside imo is a lot of stuff was taken out...... a lot of good stuff.. anyways I have yet to have lag or any problems online. The game is a lot of fun.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I confess there is a certain part of me that's enjoying watching this game get absolutely destroyed. It's about time Activision was called out for milking the CoD name as well as treating handhelds to embarassingly bad ports. When Gameloft puts together a better portable knockoff of your big name series you know there's something wrong.
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Kukurochan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
my plan after my Ragnarok Odyssey and Dukoro is to get CoD on my Vita...im really excited about COD..preparing for some bread for me to get some copy of this..thanks for the shares on CoD it will help me decide or just purchase other game..
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

aw, this is too bad. And i was really enjoying the game too. Now i got to stop playing because................

foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

no zombies....think about it....no freakn zombies

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts
Guess I'm getting the AC Bundle
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Well, I caved in and got it today...and I'm glad I did. I dont get COD for single player, so I dove right into multiplayer. There are some issues, but overall, this is most definitely intense COD goodness on the go.

1) Graphics are solid. they aren't console good, but they arent bad either. I would say Unit 13 graphics are maybe a little better. NFS Most Wanted graphics are not really any better so I think we are seeing devs dial back on those to maintain console level content and framerate.

2) Gameplay...all COD. The maps are smaller but intricate enough you dont feel cheated. its perfect for the 4v4 games. Even with only 8 players there is constant action. They do have Nuketown haha. Its based off Black ops, so you have the same type of weapons. I was running around with the default shotgun loadout (Stakeout). Your player moves pretty fast, so the pacing is very similar to console COD. You swipe knife and throw grenades by the touch screen. Game modes are Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Free for All, some sort of Tactical mode which rotates all modes, and a bomb planting mode I cant remember. I was playing mostly Kill Confirmed.

3) Issues...it crashes. Ive had a few times where the game crashes out of online mode. I wish I could say this is a Vita issue, but its pretty similar to problems you find on the consoles versions every now and then. It happened to me 3 times in the first night of play. Also, you occassionally have issues connecting to players at the lobby start. I found this the most trying to get into Team Deathmatch which most people are probably playing.

4) Sound effects. The guns dont sound that good. In fact the Stakeout sounds like a paint ball gun. The music soundtrack is right out of Black Ops. Everything else seems to sound about right, from the perks to the killstreaks, etc.

Overall, Im giving it an 8.0. Its not perfect, but its definitely fun and something I cant wait to get back to playing...like right now haha.

-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -ArchAngeL-777-

If your a single player shooter type of gamer, I would suggest Unit 13 over COD. I think thats where most of the bad reviews are coming from. The single player doesnt look up to speed. If you want a good MP for Vita, this is most definitely the game. Like I said, I had some connection issues with TDM, but the other modes I got in pretty quick and seamless. I did get disconnected a few times, so I think they have some network bugs to fix. Overall, Im glad I got it and will likely get more than my $50 out of it. That is a steep price for a Vita game though, so maybe wait until you can find a used card copy here in the next few weeks. Im sure people will be selling them back to Gamestop haha.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Did any of these people patch...? I have played online for hours and never crashed once :?

-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -ArchAngeL-777-

Did any of these people patch...? I have played online for hours and never crashed once :?

WreckEm711

Yeah I patched. Im not sure you have a choice if you want to get online.

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
It's far better than Resistance. I didn't like the first couple games, but once you get create a class and begin unlocking options it gets quite fun. I know there are connection issues, but one thing I will say is that so at for me the games I do connect to are butter smooth. At first I felt let down, but you have to take this for what it is... A mobile (pocket) version of the game. Don't take it too serious like the console version and you'll have fun. Best handheld FPS ever made (so far) IMHO. I will give it one negative... It's not a $50 game. $40 would be far better for this considering the 1 hour SP. Oh, and so far, when you do drop from a game (the connection issues), you don't keep any of the XP earned to that point in that game, unlike console versions.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#17 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I find it interesting just how much better a bland game can feel when Call of Duty elements are added to it. It's a testament to the brilliance of Call of Duty's reward system, but even that doesn't totally redeem the Declassified.
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kukurochan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Lol ive seen an AC3 fanboy here..do not send us to the temptation..i still love CoD
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts
Lol ive seen an AC3 fanboy here..do not send us to the temptation..i still love CoDKukurochan
No I actually love COD as well. Its just for the start I would rather get AC cause I like the white vita and then I will buy COD. No fanboy just stating that I would like to purchase that bundle. I love playing COD and can't wait to get it for my PS3 in the next month or so
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

IMO handheld games - especially PSP and PSVita ones have always underscored by about 2 marks out of 10 because reviewers seem incapable of not drawing a comparison to the console versions! I have also observed this creeping into 3DS game reviews!

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Granpire
I totally disagree with that. The only unfair comparison would be a graphical comparison. Everything else is fair game. The Vita's totally capable of everything the console versions do (outside of graphics). This is just a lazy copy of Call of Duty. It gets the formula right at a base level, but its singleplayer is artificially lengthened (no checkpoints), the control response isn't quite there, and the AI is terribly unconvincing.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

IMO handheld games - especially PSP and PSVita ones have always underscored by about 2 marks out of 10 because reviewers seem incapable of not drawing a comparison to the console versions! I have also observed this creeping into 3DS game reviews!

SadPSPAddict

It's hard to not compare, given the price tag. But if you have fun with it, that's all that matters anyway.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
What happened to Declassified's metacritic score? I thought Activision paid for stellar reviews? I must be missing something...
j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

[QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

mikeyMKII

It's hard to not compare, given the price tag. But if you have fun with it, that's all that matters anyway.

Especially with the price tag IMO. Agree with Granpire.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Granpire
What happened to Declassified's metacritic score? I thought Activision paid for stellar reviews? I must be missing something... Kjranu
Get out, troll.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="mikeyMKII"]

[QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

j2zon2591

Especially with the price tag IMO. Agree with Granpire.

Yeah, when you can buy more complete Vita games for cheaper there's something wrong.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#27 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Well, I caved in and got it today...and I'm glad I did. I dont get COD for single player, so I dove right into multiplayer. There are some issues, but overall, this is most definitely intense COD goodness on the go.

1) Graphics are solid. they aren't console good, but they arent bad either. I would say Unit 13 graphics are maybe a little better. NFS Most Wanted graphics are not really any better so I think we are seeing devs dial back on those to maintain console level content and framerate.

2) Gameplay...all COD. The maps are smaller but intricate enough you dont feel cheated. its perfect for the 4v4 games. Even with only 8 players there is constant action. They do have Nuketown haha. Its based off Black ops, so you have the same type of weapons. I was running around with the default shotgun loadout (Stakeout). Your player moves pretty fast, so the pacing is very similar to console COD. You swipe knife and throw grenades by the touch screen. Game modes are Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Free for All, some sort of Tactical mode which rotates all modes, and a bomb planting mode I cant remember. I was playing mostly Kill Confirmed.

3) Issues...it crashes. Ive had a few times where the game crashes out of online mode. I wish I could say this is a Vita issue, but its pretty similar to problems you find on the consoles versions every now and then. It happened to me 3 times in the first night of play. Also, you occassionally have issues connecting to players at the lobby start. I found this the most trying to get into Team Deathmatch which most people are probably playing.

4) Sound effects. The guns dont sound that good. In fact the Stakeout sounds like a paint ball gun. The music soundtrack is right out of Black Ops. Everything else seems to sound about right, from the perks to the killstreaks, etc.

Overall, Im giving it an 8.0. Its not perfect, but its definitely fun and something I cant wait to get back to playing...like right now haha.

-ArchAngeL-777-

Quick question - can you play a non-campaign game against bots, like free-for-all?

I can handle a short single player campaign and I can see the online drying up and I'd be nice to just pick up and play a quick game against some bots.

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Yes there is a mode that allows you to play against waves of enemys which increase in volume and difficulty e.g carrying grenades etc. After each wave it will have a package drop which gives you a new weapon or ammo to take on the next wave of enemys with.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I confess there is a certain part of me that's enjoying watching this game get absolutely destroyed. It's about time Activision was called out for milking the CoD name as well as treating handhelds to embarassingly bad ports. When Gameloft puts together a better portable knockoff of your big name series you know there's something wrong.DJ_Lae

yeah the commercials make it look great, and it's not like you can rent Vita games. and they keep pushing the bundle for $199 on black friday. i find it strange that Gamespot hasn't done a review yet...... but everyone else has said it's bad so far

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/critic-reviews

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

[QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

mikeyMKII

Not to mention that Sony is advertising it as a PS3 on the go in the adverts
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Toxic-Seahorse

So which is better? CoD: BOD or Resistance: Burning Skies? Burning Skies got much better reviews.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Well, I'm enjoying it. The lack of checkpoints is my only gripe thus far. I don't know how the game was before the patch, but in its current state, it's better then the reviews give it credit for.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

So which is better? CoD: BOD or Resistance: Burning Skies? Burning Skies got much better reviews.

Toxic-Seahorse

In terms of single player, definitely Burning Skies. IMO the only value anyone will recieve out of Declassified's "campaign" is if they play on Veteran. That way it'll last a lot longer than the supposed 45 minutes. However, Burning Skies' campaign in really short too. It took maybe 6 hours to complete.

As for online, I can't say. FPS multiplayer on the Vita doesn't appeal to me at all.

Well, I'm enjoying it. The lack of checkpoints is my only gripe thus far. ItsEvolution

I'm enjoying it too for what it is. Initially the lack of checkpoints disappointed me also but in all fairness, their inclusion would've made an already short game even shorter. As is, it takes a whole 5 minutes to complete most stages on regular.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Started playing it on the train todday, it's pretty much the worst game I own on my Vita and I own a lot. Haven't updated it yet, hopefully a patch will make it playable?

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Download the update and give it another try.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

What was it like pre-patch?

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Wow people do hate this game
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Download the update and give it another try.ItsEvolution

To be honest I don't really feel like giving it another try, but I probably will in a few days / weeks, I'll try it with the update. But still, unpatched it's pretty much the worst Vita game I own

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

When Sony first announced a COD game would hit the PSV I was happy.. however the game ended up being one huge disappointment..

I honestly think Sony/Activision should have given the job to a good dev/studio and support it with a proper budget..

Burning Skies was ok while COD:BOD was a total mess, so my only hopes on a decent fps fall on Killzone, which I do believe will be a great game..

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
Just picked up the COD bundle (it was the cheapest) and declassified is not that bad. It still is an insult to charge $50 for this game but i am enjoying it a little bit at least.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Toxic-Seahorse

When Sony first announced a COD game would hit the PSV I was happy.. however the game ended up being one huge disappointment..

I honestly think Sony/Activision should have given the job to a good dev/studio and support it with a proper budget..

Burning Skies was ok while COD:BOD was a total mess, so my only hopes on a decent fps fall on Killzone, which I do believe will be a great game..

Malta_1980
Well Killzone is actually being made by Geurilla instead of being outsourced to some cheaper dev so I have high hopes for it.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Granpire
Actually, it was being made by SCE Cambridge, which merged with Guerrilla Games. Still, I have no doubts that Guerilla Games will have some major input on development.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Toxic-Seahorse

Just played enough of Declassified tof orm an opinion. It's the same frustratingly entertaining gameplay of Call of Duty except they managed to make it worse by including tiny maps. I'm not a big fan of spawning just to get shot in the back. Also, I haven't been in a match yet where half of my team doesn't quit. I've been playing 1vs4 and 2vs4 in almost every game I've played. It's not worth $50, not even $40. I actually regret buying it. I coulda bought a full PC game with that money instead this half of a game. :P

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
^ This is my beef with the game, I can't stand COD Spawn points! I like picking my spawn point so that I have some sort of bearing/plan of what I'm going to do next... I was considering getting this just based on it being the biggest user base but I'm going to pass now... I just have a question though, it's somewhat obvious, but does the patch install onto your memory card or onto the game stick itself??
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts

I can't believe how many people are in this thread defending this piece of garbage.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Just played enough of Declassified tof orm an opinion. It's the same frustratingly entertaining gameplay of Call of Duty except they managed to make it worse by including tiny maps. I'm not a big fan of spawning just to get shot in the back. Also, I haven't been in a match yet where half of my team doesn't quit. I've been playing 1vs4 and 2vs4 in almost every game I've played. It's not worth $50, not even $40. I actually regret buying it. I coulda bought a full PC game with that money instead this half of a game. :P

Toxic-Seahorse
Declassified is definitely a rush job. Not even worth a dollar of hard-earned money.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

Kjranu

Declassified is definitely a rush job. Not even worth a dollar of hard-earned money.

I'd say it's worth $30 at most. The online is still kinda fun. Hopefully the bad reviews will show publishers that it is worth it to get a good dev team to work on Vita games instead of outsourcing them. Sony's probably pissed.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 robmonga2
Anyone thinking of getting COD should just wait for Killzone, I truly believe that'll be the FPS that everyone's been waiting for.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Toxic-Seahorse
Anyone thinking of getting COD should just wait for Killzone, I truly believe that'll be the FPS that everyone's been waiting for. robmonga2
It better be. It's been in development for quite a while.
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 robmonga2
^ It would be nice to get some gameplay footage of multiplayer or a soft release date...