Buy a PS4 in 2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@christiaan1996:

Do you like any of the games out?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Its hardly a sacrifice imo.

I have a ps3 with tons of games. Still have yet to beat half of them, yet I bought my ps4 and the day It came out and I have no regrets at all. I go back and forth between ps3 and ps4. Since you say you have the money I would say jump on it. The ps4 is a good price for what your getting. But keep your ps3 also.

Christiaan1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#3 Christiaan1996
Member since 2014 • 98 Posts

well...I want to buy DOOM 4 next year and I don't know if it will be out on PS3...wish it was so I don't have to waste more money on PS4 stuff that cost double the price of the PS3 console and games

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@christiaan1996 said:

Hi guys, I've been pretty confused in the way that I don't know if I should buy a PS4 now or stick to my PS3 500gb...I have the money to buy one in five minutes...but I'm afraid that I'm gonna be disappointed after I've purchased the console with a few games and extra controller...what do you guys recommend? Buy more PS3 games or make the ultimate sacrifice and jump to the PS4?

Do you like any games that are out or even coming to the PS4? Batman, Driveclub, The Order, etc?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

New games for PS4 cost the same as games for PS3, many older PS3 games prices have gone down so now it´s the opportunity to purchase them for a fraction of their original cost and there´s always the opportunity of purchasing pre-owned PS3 games for cheap ( a double edge sword because in some games the on-line pass codes have been redeemed and the on-line pass may cost as much as half of the cost of a new unopened game ). So it depends on what you want to buy to play, want to play Killzone Shadow fall, AC Unity, The Order, Uncharted 4 ? -----> gotta have PS4.

If the game is available for both consoles then it´s up to you, my first PS4 game was The Last of Us ( remastered ) and I´ve kicked myself on the rear end for waiting so long to get it when I could have purchased it before for PS3, the graphics aren´t THAT much better and I could have played on-line for free, now I have to purchase a PS+ membership to do so. BTW, TLoU PS3 price in Mexico is 799 pesos, TLoU PS4 is 850 pesos. 50 pesos more, not much but you still have to add the cost of the PS+ membership.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

If you have a large backlog of PS3 games, wait and just enjoy your PS3.... You will benefit with cheaper PS4 games and possibly a lower price PS4 in the future. Black Friday is coming in a couple months anyways so there will be a ton of great deals for the PS3 and the PS4 if you go that route. The biggest benefit of the PS3 is the huge library of great games for real cheap. I can wait. When the next uncharted or god of war game comes out on the PS4, I will likely get the PS4.