This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts

i was just playing ghost reacon singel-player mode and all of a sudden the game got stuck, i presse the ps button and nothing happen, i got to pull out the power plug to restart my console. i am realy scared about this, this is the 2nd time ghost reacon got stock onit, i have not got thing problem with any other game.plz help.

chanceman92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chanceman92
Member since 2004 • 1928 Posts

i was just playing ghost reacon singel-player mode and all of a sudden the game got stuck, i presse the ps button and nothing happen, i got to pull out the power plug to restart my console. i am realy scared about this, this is the 2nd time ghost reacon got stock onit, i have not got thing problem with any other game.plz help.

Trx07
your ps3 is fine because I had the same prob it kept on freezing on this nascar game but when i played a dif game it was fine so I think its the game
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I disagree. Your PS3 is FUBAR. I think you should buy 3 others. JK LOL
DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts
ring sony
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
^^ HAHA, lol thx i was just a bit scared. if it happens to other games i will ring sony.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I had this happen in the Ghost Recon game and after the latest firmware update it hasn't happened again so far. I think there is something in the game that causes this to happen. The PS3 is most likely just fine.
Urlacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#8 Urlacher54
Member since 2003 • 524 Posts
I was playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and the game froze last night. I pressed PS button to turn off console and it turned off. But when I tried playing tonight, the system won't load any disc. Not games, not movies, nothing. Really dissapointing.
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
I was playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and the game froze last night. I pressed PS button to turn off console and it turned off. But when I tried playing tonight, the system won't load any disc. Not games, not movies, nothing. Really dissapointing.Urlacher54

unfortunately this has been happening alot lately
i had a 60gb ps3 and it had that exact same thing
happen to it..reading no discs..apparently sony
are aware of this..and there are numerous cases!!
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

[QUOTE="Urlacher54"]I was playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and the game froze last night. I pressed PS button to turn off console and it turned off. But when I tried playing tonight, the system won't load any disc. Not games, not movies, nothing. Really dissapointing.hilltops

unfortunately this has been happening alot lately
i had a 60gb ps3 and it had that exact same thing
happen to it..reading no discs..apparently sony
are aware of this..and there are numerous cases!!

I had the same problem, the store I bought it from sent it back to sony for me and now I'm just waiting for them to send me a new one or the same one repaired. It's been a while though I hope I get it back soon!:cry:

Avatar image for gamfaqs2gamfaqs
gamfaqs2gamfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gamfaqs2gamfaqs
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
Wow there are a lot of people with problems with there PS3... i dont have any problems, hmm...
Urlacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Urlacher54

odd, that I've never heard anything about this sort of problem until after it happens to me. . .

I was under the impression that the PS3 hardware was very reliable (unlike the PS and PS2 when they were released)

Well, you can say whatever you want about Sony having crappy hardware reliability, but Ah, well, at least failing PS3s don't burn your house down like Xboxes and 360s have done.

NickMarmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NickMarmalade
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
same thing happend to me a couple of weeks ago, thankfully it within my reutrn policy... got a new one np. there used to be only a 1% failure rate, but then they reduced cost and ps3s fail alot now...
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
first which ps button press the one on the ps3 i never had to unplug mine i just pressed the button next to disk thing. if you keep ripping out the plug you're going to break it
stef_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stef_101
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Had the exact same thing happen 2 times now, iam on my 3rd playstation because of that disc read problem. really does suck!!!
Izrion31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Izrion31
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i had the same problem, send it to sony , for free they send you back a 'new' one.

10 buissness day. it took.

Urlacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Urlacher54
so, while we're on the topic of the "disc-read error" failures. Does anyone know if playing Blue-ray movies or standard DVDs will wear down the PS3, the way that playing standard DVDs used to wear down the first batch of PS2s until discs wouldn't load anymore?
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

so, while we're on the topic of the "disc-read error" failures. Does anyone know if playing Blue-ray movies or standard DVDs will wear down the PS3, the way that playing standard DVDs used to wear down the first batch of PS2s until discs wouldn't load anymore?Urlacher54

got no insight on this, though it be good to know...

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
*sigh* the PS3 is well on its way to being another 360 lol. Makes me scared to buy videogame consoles.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheSystemLord1

I take that back, the major difference is that Microsoft's customer service is good...

For Sony to even look at the machine you have to have the original buyer's receipt. I mean come on...what if you got your PS3 almost a year ago? No PS3 for you!

DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts

^^ HAHA, lol thx i was just a bit scared. if it happens to other games i will ring sony.Trx07

I know who you feel, i get scared when someone comes close to my PS3.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheSystemLord1

so, while we're on the topic of the "disc-read error" failures. Does anyone know if playing Blue-ray movies or standard DVDs will wear down the PS3, the way that playing standard DVDs used to wear down the first batch of PS2s until discs wouldn't load anymore?Urlacher54

If it does, it does. I'm sorry man but what are you gunna do with your PS3, just sit and stare at it? Just play it and enjoy it. If it breaks, find your receipt. If you can't find your receipt then at least you had a PS3 for as long as you had one.

Urlacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Urlacher54

No, I knew about DVDs killing the PS2, but still continued to play DVDs on it. I just want to know what to expect out of the system. Personally, if I'm shelling out 5-600 bucks for the thing, the least Sony could do is give me a truth about its life expectancy (even if it is bad news). And although I don't care much for Microsoft as a company (their practices go against everything that capitalism and free market are supposed to stand for), I do have to applaud their customer service. They at least aknowledge when there is a problem and take steps to fix it. Sony, on the other hand just pushes everything under the rug and hopes the problems will go away, but I do have to give credit where it is due, if someone comes to Sony with a problem, Sony is usually pretty good about fixing it for you in a timely manner. At least, they did a good job with my PS2 when it died the first time.

So still, if anybody knows the longevity of the PS3 as a DVD/Blue-ray player, I would like to know.