Boycott Music Unlimited Until Sony Restores Audio CD/MP3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jkar57Wr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jkar57Wr
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

to the PS4 in a future update.

Sony recently revealed that the PS4 will NOT support audio CDs & MP3 in their PS4 FAQ here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/#sect10

It appears that Sony has taken this step in order to force PS4 owners who wish to listen to music (on their PS4) - to pay for a Music Unlimited subscription.

I'm a current subscriber to Music Unlimited & I enjoy this service on my PS3 - however, I also have a large collection of audio CDs & MP3 files that I enjoy listening to on my PS3. It makes me very upset & angry (as a loyal Sony Playstation customer) to learn that the PS4 will not support audio CDs & MP3s. Therefore, I have canceled automatic renewal of my Music Unlimited subsbsription and I will not renew until Sony restores audio CD & MP3 support to the PS4.

THIS IS THE REASON THAT I'M CALLING ON ALL OF MY FELLOW SONY PLAYSTATION CUSTOMERS, WHO DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE A MUSIC UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTION, TO NOT PURCHASE ONE UNTIL SONY OFFICIALLY REVERSES ITS POSITION AND RESTORES AUDIO CD & MP3 SUPPORT TO THE PS4. ALSO, I'M CALLING UPON ALL CURRENT MUSIC UNLIMITED SUBSCRIBERS TO CANCEL AUTOMATIC RENEWAL UNTIL SONY OFFICIALLY REVERSES ITS POSITION AND RESTORES AUDIO CD & MP3 SUPPORT TO THE PS4.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

I'm on board.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

On the other hand, Sony has already claimed that they listened to their fans, and they would support MP3s, with an update on PS4.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I suppose I'm technically helping your cause because I had no intention of starting a Music Unlimited subscription regardless of MP3 playback on the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I agree, i'm not subscribing to it either. Instead I have thought up of using my PS3 audio with my TV as I can choose whether or not the audio is coming from HDMI or Analog and then having the PS4 audio through my Receiver. This way when I want custom soundtracks I just plug my ps3 analog audio to the TV and just disable all music in game on my PS4.

Yeah its a bit of a work around, but it's free. And I will only be really using this on Racing games anyway

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

I just got a renewal offer to continue MUnlimited for $1 per month after being on it for a year at $12. I'm blown away by this service. I think that the mp3 and CD support will eventually come in an update.

anzelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By anzelm
Member since 2004 • 902 Posts

I've got MU but never use it on my ps3 nor do I play music cds on my ps3 (or anywhere else) so this isn't a huge issue for me. I can sympathize with those who do play cds on their console. But I do think services like MU or Spotify is a better alternative than cds.