Bought PS4 Destiny bundle, what now

#1 Edited by mattamomo (924 posts) -

Seeing as there are a few good PS4 exclusives im heavily interested coming soon, I have ordered the Destiny bundle.

I have to wait a couple of days so I thought id find out what you are liking on your PS4s at the minute. What games are particularly good, and how is the PS+ going?

What has your general experience been

#2 Edited by SolidTy (45774 posts) -
@mattamomo said:
What games are particularly good, and how is the PS+ going?

PS+ has given 16 free games to date for the PS4 since November 2013 launch. To compare, the competition has offered only 6 free XBLG games on their console (Xbone). 16 games >> 6 games. Take into account PS+ is cheaper than XBLG.

Sony is really doing wonders with PS+ on PS4, but if's a better deal if you own a PS3/Vita for PS+. Those machines are older and get retail games which is awesome. One thing you may notice though is that they don't release AAA retail blockbuster games on PS+ for the PS4, but neither does the competition (Xbone). That is because these machines are so new and they don't have the library to be giving away huge games like that...at this time. I do expect though by next year, PS+ on PS4 may turn that corner and offer a retail game here and there with the indies.

Here's the metascores of the two PS+ freebies for PS4 this month (Sept):

Sportsfriends is sitting at 82/100 metascore. (LINKY)

Velocity 2x is sitting at 90/100 metascore. (LINKY)

Like any launch console, the first year is the weakest. Still, PS+ has got me turning the machine on every month. If you have a PS3 and/or Vita with your PS4, PS+ value goes through the roof.

#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2997 posts) -

Id recommend getting Watch dogs, Wolfenstien new order, Outlast, and AC Black flag. Also The last of us remasterd if you haven't played it yet.

Ps plus is great also but I get a lot of value out of it because I have a ps3/vita/ps4

#4 Edited by SoNin360 (5667 posts) -

I'll be starting out with a few exclusives- inFamous: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall. Playing it a bit safe with franchises I'm already familiar with and everything. But I also intend to pick up Metro Redux. Doesn't hurt to claim the PS+ games and try those out. I regret not claiming every PS+ game on the PS4 while I haven't had one. I'm wanting to play Mercenary Kings now, and of course my dumb ass didn't claim it while it was on Plus. So now I claim almost everything on there whether I have interest in it at the time or not.

#5 Posted by mattamomo (924 posts) -

I have put COD advanced warfare and Fifa 15 on order to keep me going until Bloodborne, Uncharted and The Witcher 3 come out.

Any good campaign games out at the moment?

I have played TLOU, Great game and am tempted to buy again.

#6 Posted by marcheegsr (2997 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

I have put COD advanced warfare and Fifa 15 on order to keep me going until Bloodborne, Uncharted and The Witcher 3 come out.

Any good campaign games out at the moment?

I have played TLOU, Great game and am tempted to buy again.

Cant wait for Fifa. At the moment the best campaign for me has to be AC Black flag as their is so much to do.

#7 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74284 posts) -

@mattamomo: Get PS+ and you get Driveclub, if you like it you could get the full version