Borderlands 2 and Grid 2 for PS+ in December! Wow!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

2 instant free games that I can't wait to play. One of the best months for PS+!

Borderlands 2

Grid 2

Dyad

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. They're not free

2. Borderlands isn't worth it without the DLC

Grid 2 isn't bad. The PS3 version is the worst version but still worth playing.

Dyad is a great game

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BH14

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

Mr. Xbox once again crying about the FREE INSTANT GAMES from PS+. What games are xbox live subscribers getting? Boom! You are really upset now.

The PS+ year deal is only $29.99 for black friday. I am gonna have about 40 FREE INSTANT GAMES in less than a year and I probably saved more from the discounts alone than what I paid for the 15 months ($40).... How many free instant games (or subscription rentals) did xbox live give you with your $60 yearly deal?.............. "But but but xbox live gave me online play"......... Bravo!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

This is great news. First binary domain and now this. So glad I kept my ps3 even though I got my ps4.

I wanted to play Grid 2 for quite some time now. I was going to buy it since its on sale at gamestop but ill just get it for free.

Good job sony.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

Mr. Xbox once again crying about the FREE INSTANT GAMES from PS+. What games are xbox live subscribers getting? Boom! You are really upset now.

The PS+ year deal is only $29.99 for black friday. I am gonna have about 40 FREE INSTANT GAMES.... How many games did xbox live give you with your $60 yearly deal?

I'm going to stick to the numbers thing since I'm finding it fun

1. They're rentals as long as you have the service. I guess you think you own all the equipment at the gym you belong to too?

2. I have every device that plays games, the fact that you think I only have an Xbox means that your ability to research is matched only by your ability to understand what a rental means.

Would you like to take the time and find a dictionary so we can continue this conversation? Because right now you're outclassed.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BH14

You try to talk trash about the PS+ every single time you can.

Do I have access to play the full game of my 40 INSTANT GAMES with my PS+ subscription? I paid $40 for 15 months by the way. Now I want you to think hard. How many instant games or RENTALS did xbox live give you with your $60 yearly subscription? ANSWER THAT.

Your lame comeback last time was "But but but the subscribers don't have a choice"..... The subscribers do have a choice from the hundreds of instant games that PS+ offer you throughout the subscription. I have a choice to play Grid 2 and Borderlands 2.

The other dummy comeback was "But but but the instant games are old"..... Because we all know that the newest released games are far better than that 6 MONTH OLD Grid 2 game. Not all PS+ games can be as fun as your favorite Ryse and Fighter Within (rolling eyes sarcastically).... EPIC XBOX FLOPS! I am sure you are happy to spend $60 each for those garbage games. You are out of your mind if you think xbox live is a better investment than ps+. I already outclassed you when I threw the long list of instant games in your face and then I threw the insane discounts at you like $2.50 (The Walking Dead game) and like $10 for DMC: Devil May Cry.

"But but but xbox live gives you online play for $60 a year.".... Looks like Microsoft is making you grab your ankles with that great deal.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

You try to talk trash about the PS+ every single time you can.

Do I have access to play the full game of my 40 INSTANT GAMES with my PS+ subscription? I paid $40 for 15 months by the way. Now I want you to think hard. How many instant games or RENTALS did xbox live give you with your $60 yearly subscription? ANSWER THAT.

Your lame comeback last time was "But but but the subscribers don't have a choice"..... The subscribers do have a choice from the hundreds of instant games that PS+ offer you throughout the subscription. I have a choice to play Grid 2 and Borderlands 2.

The other dummy comeback was "But but but the instant games are old"..... Because we all know that the newest released games are far better than that 6 MONTH OLD Grid 2 game. Not all PS+ games can be as fun as your favorite Ryse and Fighter Within (rolling eyes sarcastically).... EPIC XBOX FLOPS! I am sure you are happy to spend $60 each for those garbage games. You are out of your mind if you think xbox live is a better investment than ps+. I already outclassed you when I threw the long list of instant games in your face and then I threw the insane discounts at you like $2.50 (The Walking Dead game) and like $10 for DMC: Devil May Cry.

"But but but xbox live gives you online play for $60 a year.".... Looks like Microsoft is making you grab your ankles with that great deal.

DMC is on sale for 10 at Amazon, Walmart, and Target so yeah, you kinda lost there

Also they are old. Oh we're getting Grid 2 and that's only 6 months old. It's the worst version of the game so there's that but you only had to wait 6 months. Borderlands 2? A year and 2 months.

Well aren't you on the cusp of the gaming world! Look at you so completely behind that you're of no use to Sony at all.

You know I have to wonder if the people who like PS+ the most are the ones who aren't worth pleasing. Most of the games I play these days are review copies but when I was buying all my own games I was staying current. Now let's take you, it's evident from the way you talk about PS+ that you're spending 50 dollars and taking whatever rentals they give you instead of buying software on your own. That means that every single time Sony is in the news having less then stellar launches you're one of the main reasons it went badly.

Myself on the other hand always purchased games near launch because it supports the industry ecosystem.

Enough of that though let's get back to the whole choice thing. I'd like you to tell me where you personally requested the games that are available to us in December.

Take your time.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BH14

"

1. Forza = quality
  2. Dead Rising = quality
  3. Battlefield = quality
  4. NBA 2K14 = quality
  5. FIFA = quality
  6. Need for Speed = quality
  7. Assassin's Creed = quality
  8. Lego Marvel = quality

You can also make the argument that COD and Madden are worth it."

Did you get these "quality xbox one games" as free instant games with your xbox live subscription? Forza is a 40% completed game with 14 tracks (a couple more than Sega's Daytona USA) and has only 200 cars. Good luck with all those day 1 DLC for the rest of the game. You are one step away from purchasing DLC Tires. Microsoft once again making their gamers grab their ankles. Wake up people!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

Borderlands (2) isn't worth it without the dlc? Hardly. The DLC is ok, but the weakest part of the game by far. The Tiny Tina pack is the best of the bunch by far with the Captain Scarlet, Mr Torgues, and Sir Hammerlocks packs all being fairly boring.

I know Gearbox developed the Tiny Tina dlc pack, but I wonder if they developed all the others.. I don't think didn't develop much/any of the Borderlands 1 DLC.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

"

1. Forza = quality
  2. Dead Rising = quality
  3. Battlefield = quality
  4. NBA 2K14 = quality
  5. FIFA = quality
  6. Need for Speed = quality
  7. Assassin's Creed = quality
  8. Lego Marvel = quality

You can also make the argument that COD and Madden are worth it."

Did you get these "quality xbox one games" as free instant games with your xbox live subscription? Forza is a 40% completed game with 14 tracks (a couple more than Sega's Daytona USA) and has only 200 cars. Good luck with all those day 1 DLC for the rest of the game. You are one step away from purchasing DLC Tires. Microsoft once again making their gamers grab their ankles. Wake up people!

Still waiting for you to show me where you picked the games

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

@MethodManFTW said:

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

Borderlands (2) isn't worth it without the dlc? Hardly. The DLC is ok, but the weakest part of the game by far. The Tiny Tina pack is the best of the bunch by far with the Captain Scarlet, Mr Torgues, and Sir Hammerlocks packs all being fairly boring.

I know Gearbox developed the Tiny Tina dlc pack, but I wonder if they developed all the others.. I don't think didn't develop much/any of the Borderlands 1 DLC.

I would have to say that Tina's and Torgue's DLC is completely worth it.

Hammerlock isn't bad and Scarlet being too fetch questy.

The big thing about vanilla Borderlands is that you're going to never really see the best parts of the game. I think everyone can agree that the first playthrough in Borderlands is really your "qualifying lap" in the game. The real game starts on your second playthrough.

Well you're maxed out after your first round (unless you do an awful speed run) and that means that you're going to be locked in at the bottom for all good loot in the second go round.

Also Torgue and Tina's missions give you special loot that help if you're going to beat the game and not doing multiplayer.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW

I beat the game mostly solo without doing any of the DLC first..

I think Torgue has a character is really funny but the gameplay in his DLC is just so similar Hammerlocks and Scarlets.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BH14

@Jaysonguy:

You are a liar. DMC was never on sale for $9.99 at target or walmart. Right now it is for sale for $20 on amazon and $30 on walmart. It was $9.99 on amazon for a gold box one day sale last week. YOU NEED TO STOP MAKING UP LIES TO SUPPORT YOUR DUMB LOGIC.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

@Jaysonguy:

You are a liar. DMC was never on sale for $9.99 at target or walmart. Right now it is for sale for $20 on amazon and $30 on walmart. It was $9.99 on amazon for a gold box one day sale last week. YOU NEED TO STOP MAKING UP LIES TO SUPPORT YOUR DUMB LOGIC.

Bought it for a friend yesterday so yeah, you lose

Also you making any headway showing me how you picked out the games available in December?

Oh look at you having trouble lol

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Haven't played Dyad, but I'm not very excited for Borderlands 2 or Grid 2. Played both briefly not too long ago - Grid 2 is painfully nerfed in gameplay features from its predecessor, while Borderlands 2 is just straight painful.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Both of you sound like babies. I own only one of those games, but everything else interests me enough to warrant the download. I don't see how PS+ can be criticized with the volume and quality of IGC games, sales, and extras that are offered. At times there are sales that beat Steam, like that $2.99 Walking Dead Season One deal. Mortal Kombat and Rayman Origins were $5 in the summer. It's hard to argue PS+ isn't awesome unless you already own most of the games available. Even then, getting a year for $30 and taking advantage of some of the bigger sales and a few free games makes it worth the cost.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#17 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

I thought we were all gamers who love PlayStation here.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BH14

@Jaysonguy said:

@BH14 said:

@Jaysonguy:

Bought it for a friend yesterday so yeah, you lose

Also you making any headway showing me how you picked out the games available in December?

Oh look at you having trouble lol

How many games does Microsoft xbox live let their subscribers play for free with their $60 charge? A BIG FAT ZERO. I was able to download over 40 games during about 12 months. I got a 15 months ($40 subscription). I could have gotten more. Renting 40 games in like 12 months for $40 (15 month subscription). In 15 months, I will probably download 50 games for $40 price... What games you say? Infamous 1 and 2, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Vanquish, Resident Evil Chronicles, Darksiders, SpecOps: The Line, Hitman Absolution, Pinball Arcade, Demon's Souls, Sleeping Dogs, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Saints Row: The Third, Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Binary Domain and many others that I could go on. I will also be downloading Grid 2 and Borderlands 2 very soon.

Please don't make up lies to make your point. We are all waiting for you to list all the games that xbox live gave you throughout your $60 per year subscription. ANSWER THAT BECAUSE YOU KEEP ON PRAISING THE XBOX LIVE AND DISSING THE PS+ GAMES. "Still waiting for you to show me what xbox live games were you able to play for free or "rent free" from your subscription".

(crickets)

That is what I thought..... Pwnage!

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

This is the reason PS+ is going to kill XBL this generation.....

Loads of freebe's along with the ps+ subscription! GRETA DEALS!

Leonidas706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Leonidas706
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@BH14 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

The PS+ year deal is only $29.99 for black friday. I am gonna have about 40 FREE INSTANT GAMES.... How many games did xbox live give you with your $60 yearly deal?

I'm going to stick to the numbers thing since I'm finding it fun

1. They're rentals as long as you have the service. I guess you think you own all the equipment at the gym you belong to too?

2. I have every device that plays games, the fact that you think I only have an Xbox means that your ability to research is matched only by your ability to understand what a rental means.

Would you like to take the time and find a dictionary so we can continue this conversation? Because right now you're outclassed.

To use another analogy: As long as i pay rent i consider it "my apartment". So while technically not owning the games outright you do own them as long as you pay for PS+, which is really a great deal for the price vs what you're getting. Sure i wont download most of the games that are offered free with it but i will download some (including Borderlands 2 and Grid 2) because i think they're good games. I dont have enough money to buy every game that im interested in new so this is where PS+ is awesome with discounts and free games.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

Ok, PS Plus is not free, but it is close. PS Plus came out with 64 games from June 2012 to June 2013. That is 80 cents a game. If you can cite where you can get a better deal than that for rentals, then please enlighten all of us. You think you are supporting the industry by buying games close to launch? Hardly. You are paying the retailers to stay in business.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

Shouldn't you be in System Wars. We enjoy it. Nobody cares if you don't.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy

@SpiderLuke said:

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

System Wars?

The whole point of me saying it's a rental service is so people who aren't familiar with the service wont be fooled into thinking they're actually free games or that they have a choice in what they're getting.

You have fun with your rentals that's fine, just pointing out they're rentals that you have no power in choosing.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BH14

Hey Jasonguy.

Don't forget to order your $29.99 (yearly subscription) for PS+. You too could get over 50 games in your instant collection that you could play in a year. You too could get tremendous deals like the walking dead for $2.99. You too could get full game trials. You too could get cloud saves and cross play.

Or you could grab your ankles with $60 microsoft live and GET NOTHING. Maybe Microsoft will give you 50 full game free rentals this year but don't hold your breath. Your choice but you know what you like.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RMK5QG/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

Hey Jasonguy.

Don't forget to order your $29.99 (yearly subscription) for PS+. You too could get over 50 games in your instant collection that you could play in a year. You too could get tremendous deals like the walking dead for $2.99. You too could get full game trials. You too could get cloud saves and cross play.

Or you could grab your ankles with $60 microsoft live and GET NOTHING. Maybe Microsoft will give you 50 full game free rentals this year but don't hold your breath. Your choice but you know what you like.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RMK5QG/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Still waiting for you to show me where you got to pick the games in December

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BH14

You are clueless, jasonguy. What are you talking about with the "pick the games"? I will pick the games that I want download from the huge selection of PS+ offered games. I will choose to download Grid 2 and Borderlands 2. Sometimes I don't choose to download some games. If you want to "choose" your games, go pay gamefly. Gamefly charges only $276 for a year.... PS+ is only $29.99 for a year today.

Are you still confused?

"But but but you don't own the games. You can't enjoy games if you don't own it"..... Do gamers get to play the full game with PS+ instant games? Do the games play differently from "owned games"? Use your head.

"But but but I can play netflix with my xbox live subscription. Without xbox live, I can't play netflix"..... Bravo! Everybody gets to use that for free with their bluray players and gaming systems. Use your head.

"Xbox live is only $60 a year."..... And you get nothing but online play. Your parents aren't happy paying that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

You are clueless, jasonguy. What are you talking about with the "pick the games"? I will pick the games that I want download from the huge selection of PS+ offered games. I will choose to download Grid 2 and Borderlands 2. Sometimes I don't choose to download some games. If you want to "choose" your games, go pay gamefly. Gamefly charges only $276 for a year.... PS+ is only $29.99 for a year today.

Are you still confused?

"But but but you don't own the games. You can't enjoy games if you don't own it"..... Do gamers get to play the full game with PS+ instant games? Do the games play differently from "owned games"? Use your head.

"But but but I can play netflix with my xbox live subscription. Without xbox live, I can't play netflix"..... Bravo! Everybody gets to use that for free with their bluray players and gaming systems. Use your head.

"Xbox live is only $60 a year."..... And you get nothing but online play. Your parents aren't happy paying that.

Again, show me that you got to choose the games offered in December. Since that one is already passed I'll even make it easier for you. Could you please show me where we get to choose what games are offered for January?

I'm more than happy waiting for you to fail, and the way you try to divert attention away from the question is adorable.

So please, get to it.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BH14

Never said that you could choose whatever games you want to download. This isn't GameFly. I said you get to choose from a huge selection of games to download throughout a yearly subscription. I downloaded 40 games and I passed on majority of them. Do you understand or are you still confused Simple Jack?

You are still confused. You are the same poster who said old games aren't good and the only thing that matters is release date. How is Ryse and Fighter Within? You are having a blast with those games. Only cost you $120.

+36,000 troll posts and nothing but Sony hating & Microsoft loving.... So sad. 36K?!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

Never said that you could choose whatever games you want to download. This isn't GameFly. I said you get to choose from a huge selection of games to download throughout a yearly subscription. I downloaded 40 games and I passed on majority of them. Do you understand or are you still confused Simple Jack?

You are still confused. You are the same poster who said old games aren't good and the only thing that matters is release date. How is Ryse and Fighter Within? You are having a blast with those games. Only cost you $120.

+36,000 troll posts and nothing but Sony hating & Microsoft loving.... So sad. 36K?!

So you admit I was right, awesome

Now answer me this, what is there for people with only the PS4? 40 titles for them as well?

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BH14

You are flipping out. Was it the 36K comment that got you so mad? I apologize. I am sure you have a life off the message board. HA!

"what is there for people with only the PS4? 40 titles for them as well?"

In time, they will get a ton of games as well throughout their yearly subscription. I guarantee that it will be more than your XBOX LIVE. HAHA!

pwnage!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaysonguy

@BH14 said:

You are flipping out. Was it the 36K comment that got you so mad? I apologize. I am sure you have a life off the message board. HA!

"what is there for people with only the PS4? 40 titles for them as well?"

In time, they will get a ton of games as well throughout their yearly subscription. I guarantee that it will be more than your XBOX LIVE. HAHA!

pwnage!

So what you're saying is that PS+ isn't for PS4 owners?

They need to pay in advance? There's no games at all for the PS4 in December on Playstation Plus.

Want to show me how they're getting games right now?

I mean you can't, and you'll try to go a different route because I've owned you this entire conversation but come on, jump through this latest hoop for me.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BH14

PS4 members just got Resogun and Contrast on Nov. 25th for FREE. You also forget that it isn't just instant games with PS+. The PS+ gives much better discounts. Now you comeback with "What?! Only 2 PS4 instant games on Nov. 25th?"...... "But but but Microsoft lets me play netflix".... HAHA! Pwnage

What did you get with your xbox live and xbox one? Nothing. Just you grabbing your ankles for Bill Gates but you don't mind one bit. Just like you didn't mind the epic game Ryse and Fighter Within. Xbox sheep will be xbox sheep. Bahhhhhhhhh

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MethodManFTW

How is this conversation still going?

And FYI Jayson isn't some hardcore Xbox fanboy (anymore?).. I see his posts a lot between the Nintendo forums and these forums and if anything he is most negative about the Xbox.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BH14

@MethodManFTW

Anymore? Once a xbox fanboy, always a xbox fanboy. He is still a hardcore microsoft xbox fanatic. His posts about the "great xbox one games" were laughable. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Ryse poster above his bunk bed.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@SpiderLuke said:

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're not free

Dyad is a great game

System Wars?

The whole point of me saying it's a rental service is so people who aren't familiar with the service wont be fooled into thinking they're actually free games or that they have a choice in what they're getting.

You have fun with your rentals that's fine, just pointing out they're rentals that you have no power in choosing.

I'm fully aware that they are rentals. And I made a choice to buy PSplus because I know that it gives me an extensive library of games, many that I would have never have tried to play. It exposes me to a ton of new and exciting games. I will play them and I will finish them. I couldn't care less if they were mine to keep because for the most part, when I'm done I am done.

I hardly buy more than 3 games in a year on my own. (Gifts I'll accept.) So what is better in this instance? To buy 3 games and just deal with that or to get ...

... for the entire year? On top of that I have gotten crazy almost Steam-like sales from the service. PS4 also requires it for online now, so, let's be realistic. If you don't have Gold or Live you aren't even getting your console's worth.

I'm here to play games. A lot of games; not to be a fricken philosopher.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I was just talking to a buddy the other day and he said how much he liked Borderlands 2. And I was like, "Well, if they ever add it to PS Plus, I'll be sure to try it." I had no clue I would be able to do that in a few weeks, lol.