Blk Ops Declassified info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

confirmed via Nihilistic's official twitter,

UPDATE 1
-NAT 2 or better is required for online play
-After a suggestion, they are now working on having teams put together based on Clan Tags
-Lots of assets including models, animations, and gun sounds have been taken directly from Black Ops 1, with the permission of Treyarch.
-Confirmed: There are NO online passes
-No killcams, though very possible in the future, in a feature DLC, not a quick patch.
-There is a "Hit" sound and marker when you shoot someone.
-The amount of players in a gametype or online is not visible
-Most of the interface is driven by the DPAD+Buttons, "Classic" control.
-Killstreak kills contribute to your killstreak counts I.E. getting kills with a sentry gun will contribute to the kill required for an attack helicopter.
-Colour-Blind toggle included.

Guns
Assualt Rifles
-Carbine (aka Commando)
-AK47
-M16
-Galil
-M14
-FAMAS
Sub-Machine Guns
-MP5K
-Uzi
-AK74u
-PP19
Light Machine Guns
-RPK
-M60
-Stoner63
Snipers
-l96a1
-Dragunov.
Shotguns
-Stakeout
-SPAS-12
-Striker
Sidearms
-ASP
-Python
-Skorpion
-CZ75
-Mac11
Explosion-y Stuff
-Strela
-China Lake
-RPG
-Underaction Launcher
Special
-Ballistic Knife
-Crossbow
Equipment
-Tomahawk
-Frag
-Semtex
-Bouncing Betty
-Flashbang

Maps
-Nuke House, Half of Nuketown (Black Ops)
-Shattered, Exclusive I think
-Range, Biggest map, variation of Firing Range (Black Ops)
-Rocket, Variation of Launch (Black Ops)
-Container, Variation of Shipment (CoD 4)
-Intel, Variation of Grid (Black Ops)

Killstreaks
-Spy Plane, Typical see all enemies on map.
-Care Package, Random killstreak in a box.
-Counter Spy plane, disables enemy's maps
-Morter Strike, typical raining down firey death, control by touching on the map.
-Sentry Gun, Automatic shooting machine
-Advanced Spy Plane, Location of all enemies at all times and the direction they're facing
-Attack Helicopter, Flys around the map automatically shooting whoever is visible.

Perks
-Sleight of Hand, Faster Reloading
-Lightweight, Faster movement
-Hardline, Killstreaks early
-Jammer, Not on radar
-Cold Blooded, No nametag
-Fast Hands, Faster gun changing
-Hardwired,
-Toughness
-Dead Silence
-Flak Jacket
-Surplus
-Marksman

Gun Attachments
-Weight Balance
-Improved Grip
-Adj. Stock
-Quickdraw Handle
-Extended Barrel
-Tactical Knife
-Bipod
-Underaction Grenade
-Ext. Mag.
-Suppressor
-Rapid Fire
-Red Dot
-ACOG

Other Stuff
-No Zombies Mode at all (Activision did not allow them to create zombies, as they wanted the game to focus on the core gameplay of CoD, being multiplayer)
-The multiplayer is limited to 4v4, because the built in party system, caps it. Not because of hardware limitations.
-Ingame voice chat is still being decided whether or not to be implemented.
-No "Cod points" like Black ops. No wager matches either.
-The game runs at a steady 30 frames per second, which shouldn't be a big deal. Wipeout 2048 runs at 30 fps, as does Uncharted Golden Abyss, whereas Resistance burning skies single player runs about 25 fps, and multiplayer being anywhere between 15-20. Not sure if 30 fps refers to multiplayer or single player. Hopefully both.
-The game runs on a different engine than resistance burning skies, and people who have had a hands-on after the "Makeover" (Nihilistic has comepletely revamped the graphics since the gamescom trailer) say that it looks just like any other call of duty, with the exception of some low res textures.
-No killcams but they will "look into it".
-There are 3 different armies? is that what you call them? well anyways, there are 3 armies to play as in multiplayer, including Spetznaz, Black ops, and Contras, each with 4 unique skins for the players on the team, randomly assigned.
-No gun camos
-No emblem creator
-Clan tags are present
-The game's developement was started a year ago, and Nihilistic was brought in shortly after
-Gun sounds should sound authentic, as they used the same activision audio team that worked on all the other call of dutys.
-Sprinting is controlled by clicking down on the D-Pad, or using a setting making it so if you walk forward, you automatically sprint.
-The back touchscreen is ONLY used for holding breath when aiming down a sniper.
-The amount of bullets to kill is more like call of duty(Around 6-8 bullets) than resistance burning skies(Full clip)
-No Theater mode
-Grenades are used as on screen buttons like RBS, and to melee, simply touch anywhere on the screen (No designated button to touch)
-Prone supported (No dolphin dives, but they will "look into it")
-Minimap/radar supported on screen
-No ragdoll deaths
-No Akimbo mode
-Working on Ad-Hoc for launch
-Auto-aim mode in Single Player, but not Multiplayer
-Challenges included, no contracts.
-Main menu looks more like Console CoD, than RBS
-No editing of the red dot sight
-No ghili suits for snipers
-"Nearly certain there is no online pass"
-No C4, just little segments using them to breach or door in single player
-34 Trophies
-Corpses disappear, but not as fast as in RBS
-Single Player includes Regular, Hardened, and Veteran difficulties.

Game Modes
-Campaign (AKA "Operatives" I believe it's called) Features 10 levels that vary from being campaign-like, and spec-ops-like. Also there is a training level, just like all the other cods to try to get it as fast as possible. Not sure if this is separate from campaign, or in it.
-Hostiles Mode seems to be very similar to "Survival" from MW3, and it's an infinite wave survival game where you get thrown against the evil dudes. There are 5 different "Hostiles Missions". Each map changes the weapons you start with and you get more guns and upgrades from care packages. Hostiles doesnotsupport multiplayer.
-Multiplayer, you know what it is. The game features 10 prestige levels, though they are looking into upping that to 15, and the highest level is 40. Maps are tiny, so gameplay is cramped making it feel like your playing ground war most of the time. Good luck.

Multiplayer Modes
-Team Deathmatch, 4v4 or 2v2
-Kill Confirmed
-Drop Zone, This is similar to capture the flag, but it's capture and hold as they worded it. Think of Oddball, Halo.
-Free for All, up to 8 players. Going to be crazy on tiny maps.
-Team tactical, All it is, is a gamemode that cycles through the other 4.
-No Harcore:(
-Private matches are included, make a party and invite them! You can then merge with a public game, or play by yourselves.

SET RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 13

credits- SlayerGramp

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

No zombies is a big mistake on Activision's part - a lot of people were basing their decision on zombies from what I've read.

That aside, it's a very informative list, so kudos to SlayerGramp for the work put into this. I do think you should have linked to the original source.

I'm seeing an awful lot of negatives, though. No hardcore? No zombies? No gun emblems? No player information? No online pass? :P

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, though. Hopefully they've hired some sound designers after Burning Skies - that game sounded bland, and I'm very big on sound design in games. If a game sounds bad, I can't even appreciate its beautiful graphics. It feels totally stale.

Also, I'm very curious about which developer originally started the project...

Avatar image for Shortmaneightyt
Shortmaneightyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shortmaneightyt
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah they have, apparently they brought in activisions sound team and used original cod sounds from them :)
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Still not going to buy it, Only bought 2 COD's in my life MWF1 and MWF2 because they were top quality, feels more like a Cash in. Didn't buy Resistance BS and won't be buying this game, hopefully KIllzone will give me my FPS Fix, until then im happy waiting.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Every time I hear something new about this game it gets worse and worse. Looks like we'll have to wait until Killzone next year for the first great FPS on Vita. Hopefully they put more effort in to the next Vita COD.

CraigNinten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CraigNinten
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Multiplayer Modes
-Team Deathmatch, 4v4 or 2v2

A7xhto

Oh, OK, its nice, but, I don't want it.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

Thanks for the info. Im one of the few who found RBS enjoyable so ill be picking this up as well.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I'm still on the fence about this one, its got a nice amount of good aspects to it but there's just as many off-putting things about it that, well, completely cancels out anything good about this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

4 vs 4 multiplayer?

No

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
After seeing ACIII Liberation story trailer, this game looks like a joke, and COD is linear game AC is open world game for f***ck sake!!! PSVita has so much power, how hard is it make COD on that system, I'm pretty u can even make full COD experience on 3DS.
oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
[QUOTE="danjin44"]After seeing ACIII Liberation story trailer, this game looks like a joke, and COD is linear game AC is open world game for f***ck sake!!! PSVita has so much power, how hard is it make COD on that system, I'm pretty u can even make full COD experience on 3DS.

I agree with this, it shouldn't be cut down so viciously on it's first console outing. Though I'm willing to forgive this if the core mechanics are in tact and the game clips along at a steady frame rate. The remark about the graphics has fixed it for me - as this seemed the biggest insult judging by the trailers. But if it literally feels like blops in a portable (smaller) package - I'm in.Lets just hope the online community clings like it has with other instalments.
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="oddballrulez"][QUOTE="danjin44"]After seeing ACIII Liberation story trailer, this game looks like a joke, and COD is linear game AC is open world game for f***ck sake!!! PSVita has so much power, how hard is it make COD on that system, I'm pretty u can even make full COD experience on 3DS.

I agree with this, it shouldn't be cut down so viciously on it's first console outing. Though I'm willing to forgive this if the core mechanics are in tact and the game clips along at a steady frame rate. The remark about the graphics has fixed it for me - as this seemed the biggest insult judging by the trailers. But if it literally feels like blops in a portable (smaller) package - I'm in.Lets just hope the online community clings like it has with other instalments.

I don't like it when a game gets delayed, but this game needs it badly. There is lots polishing to be done or give it better developer, because there is no excuse to release it in this condition. There is no way I'm going support this, I don't see this as game made with passion all I see is cheap toy.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I really dont think this game will do too well :(
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
Very lackluster but will still probably be the best portable call of duty on the market. I think people are being a little harsh. It's no black ops 2 but I tend to think of it as a supplement to the console game.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#15 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
That's true. For all the negativity, it could still beat all the other portable CoDs. Weren't those DS games pretty good, though?
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]That's true. For all the negativity, it could still beat all the other portable CoDs. Weren't those DS games pretty good, though?

They were good but the ds could only do so much given how limited the hardware was.The draw distance was low, there was less enemies on screen to keep the frame rate stable and multiplayer was only 2 vs 2, which didn't do it for me.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Maps -Nuke House, Half of Nuketown (Black Ops) -Shattered, Exclusive I think -Range, Biggest map, variation of Firing Range (Black Ops) -Rocket, Variation of Launch (Black Ops) -Container, Variation of Shipment (CoD 4) -Intel, Variation of Grid (Black Ops) I'm 100% they said "new and original" maps at E3 or whenever it was and they only managed to make one truly original map.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#18 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
[QUOTE="danish-death"]Maps -Nuke House, Half of Nuketown (Black Ops)

That sounds so..... stupid
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Maps -Nuke House, Half of Nuketown (Black Ops) -Shattered, Exclusive I think -Range, Biggest map, variation of Firing Range (Black Ops) -Rocket, Variation of Launch (Black Ops) -Container, Variation of Shipment (CoD 4) -Intel, Variation of Grid (Black Ops) I'm 100% they said "new and original" maps at E3 or whenever it was and they only managed to make one truly original map. danish-death
I do quite like all of those returning maps so at least there's that. Nukehouse sounds ridiculous though. Half of Nuketown? Nuketown was already crazy enough with how tiny it is! Now it's even smaller? Jesus that's gonna be insane.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"][QUOTE="danish-death"]Maps -Nuke House, Half of Nuketown (Black Ops)

That sounds so..... stupid

Agreed, and Nuketown is damn small as it is already.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I'll get it, should be better than rbs anyway. Which I still got some enjoyment out of. Though killzone looks to be the real candy we have been waiting for.