Black Ops offline multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charlie_bm (161 posts) -

I like to play multiplayer offline modes wih my brothers, and I'm interested in Black Ops, but I don't understand how do the offline modes work: you can only play multiplayer offline in zombies? You can practice "multiplayer online" offline with friends?

Can someone explain to me how (and which modes) can I play with my two brothers multiplayer offline in CoD Black Ops?

#2 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

This is what I know:

-Combat Training is a new mode where you can fight against bots, with a friend in splitscreen mode if you like. However, for some odd reason this requires an internet connection, so if you don't have one you won't be able to play this mode.

-Offline multiplayer splitscreen is back, and it allows up to four players to play at once. Though as far as I know, you can't level up and unlock weapons and perks like you could in Modern Warfare 2.

-Zombies doesn't require an internet connection, and anywhere from 1-4 players can play in the same room together (using splitscreen of course). So even if you don't have an internet connection, you should have nothing to worry about for this mode.

Hope this helps. :)

#3 Posted by charlie_bm (161 posts) -
Yeah, it did! I do have internet connection and I like to play online modes sometimes, but to me the real fun is offline with your budies/friends/brothers/siblings next to you. Sadly, this seems to be the trend now (no offline). Thanks again =)
#4 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -

Also would like to add that you can prestige and unlock weapons, complete challenges, and buy perks/equipment in Combat Training. Pretty much works the same way as online does.

#5 Posted by nyc05 (10172 posts) -

Please use the Black Ops sticky.