Biased Gamespot reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Well, I have finally come to realization that gamespot is full of Xbox 360 fanboys.  Fight Nights Round 3 got a score of 8.3 on 360 and 8.2 on the PS3.  Now the difference is the one point in graphics were the PS3 got 8 while the 360 got a 9.  I believe this point difference is in the lighting in the background, which is only more of, of bright wall spots nothing really special.  Both should have gotten a 9.  But here is the kicker, the PS3 version has first person perceptive boxing.  Hmm, to me this should have given the PS3 version 1 or 2 points making it equal or higher rated then the 360 version.  The graphics deduction is strickely fanboyism because the game looks fantastic on the PS3.  Your thoughts?
Heavenly_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Heavenly_King
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts
I think the same :evil:
Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts
pixel crowds....
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts
Well, I have finally come to realization that gamespot is full of Xbox 360 fanboys.  Fight Nights Round 3 got a score of 8.3 on 360 and 8.2 on the PS3.  Now the difference is the one point in graphics were the PS3 got 8 while the 360 got a 9.  I believe this point difference is in the lighting in the background, which is only more of, of bright wall spots nothing really special.  Both should have gotten a 9.  But here is the kicker, the PS3 version has first person perceptive boxing.  Hmm, to me this should have given the PS3 version 1 or 2 points making it equal or higher rated then the 360 version.  The graphics deduction is strickely fanboyism because the game looks fantastic on the PS3.  Your thoughts?caseypayne69
It does look fantastic on the PS3, but the other version does looks better. Not only is the lighting better, and not just on the walls, but the crowd looks a ton better on 360 too. Sure, the first person mode is a nice add on, but they were still reviewing a game that already came out way back in march. Same reason why oblivion will probably score around the 9.1-9.3 range.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
y does it matter really what score any game gets as long as its good to you, and especially by a .1,it dont bother me. i think people on here totally over react over a score between 360 and ps3 games, you do have the option to give your own review but if your a ps3 fanboy obviously you will find a way to always make ps3 games better and vice versa if your a 360 fan. so its hard to judge i dont pay attention to all the biased crap if you dont like nothing says you have to listen to GS reveiws see what other sites gave it. Actually if you go to IGN.com they gave the ps3 version 8.3 and the xbox 360 version 8.5 so are they more biased now thats 2 sites that have it better. i think you need to check other sites as well if then GS is the only one that does the score that way ok they could be biased but in this case and to the point who cares as long as the game is good to you and your having fun