BF4 Disappointing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Codec7
Member since 2015 • 68 Posts

Got this game a few days ago. The bugs in the single player campaign are shocking, and this is after the the very latest patch update. I can't believe EA Dice released this garbage and let it stay this way without fixing the bugs. The worst thing is the Enemy AI, it ruins the game and for the most part wrecks any impression of realism. There's no way i'll buy Battlefield Hardline after experiencing this debacle. EA is in my badbooks now. Do they seriously think they can release a game full of bugs and serious AI issues without fixing them and still think we will take this company seriously for future releases?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Should have read up on the game. It's had game breaking issues across the board for every platform and not just for single player.

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Codec7

Oh well, back to good ole Modern Warfare. At least Activision finish the game before releasing, and any patches actually do something. This game has made me think ill of EA! And from memory a Leopard usually doesn't change it's spots. Looks to me like EA is just a money-making machine, as if they don't really care about quality or the gamers!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@codec7: i did encounter some whne it was released, but i did manage to go through the campaign

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Codec7

@The_Last_Ride said:

@codec7: i did encounter some whne it was released, but i did manage to go through the campaign

Yeah, i see what you mean, i managed to get through the whole campaign too with no showstoppers so-to-speak; but at the end of the day the shortcomings and inadequacies were quite a let-down. And after all this time a 3.7gig update patch changed nothing, many ridiculous bugs and stupid enemy AI antics, so that showed me EA just moved on and left us for dead with BF4. I'll never forget this. Does EA think they can pull a stunt and anticipate us not worrying about it? Wrong! They were lazy, incompetent and negligent and took us for granted. I'll never buy EA games again unless they apologize for their neglect of BF4 and fix it; taking us for fools in the single player campaign is a bad move on EA's part. I don't play online, ever! I only do single player campaigns, so i do expect it to be reasonably believable with decent algos.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@codec7 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, i see what you mean, i managed to get through the whole campaign too with no showstoppers so-to-speak; but at the end of the day the shortcomings and inadequacies were quite a let-down. And after all this time a 3.7gig update patch changed nothing, many ridiculous bugs and stupid enemy AI antics, so that showed me EA just moved on and left us for dead with BF4. I'll never forget this. Does EA think they can pull a stunt and anticipate us not worrying about it? Wrong! They were lazy, incompetent and negligent and took us for granted. I'll never buy EA games again unless they apologize for their neglect of BF4 and fix it; taking us for fools in the single player campaign is a bad move on EA's part. I don't play online, ever! I only do single player campaigns, so i do expect it to be reasonably believable with decent algos.

i did get killed several times behind cover, which annoyed the hell out of me

Adszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Adszilla
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I did do a read up about it and read that you could still play campaign and not have any real issues but that was wrong I should have come here and asked before I wasted money on it..

Oh well I shall just trade it in for Mortal Kombat when that comes out.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

I recommend CoD.

TrevorZyla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TrevorZyla
Member since 2015 • 76 Posts

@codec7 said:

Got this game a few days ago. The bugs in the single player campaign are shocking, and this is after the the very latest patch update. I can't believe EA Dice released this garbage and let it stay this way without fixing the bugs. The worst thing is the Enemy AI, it ruins the game and for the most part wrecks any impression of realism. There's no way i'll buy Battlefield Hardline after experiencing this debacle. EA is in my badbooks now. Do they seriously think they can release a game full of bugs and serious AI issues without fixing them and still think we will take this company seriously for future releases?

Have they seriously not fixed this stuff yet? From what I heard from friends the game was more or less fixed and it's the best Battlefield game now.

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Codec7

nothing was fixed, it's still garbage, full of bugs and shockingly bad enemy AI

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

While I understand people's frustration with the game after it's launch week it's been a perfect game for me.

I still have one more mission in single player but I put about 100 hours into the multiplayer.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

While I understand people's frustration with the game after it's launch week it's been a perfect game for me.

I still have one more mission in single player but I put about 100 hours into the multiplayer.

The bug is going to make me play CoD.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I have to agree with Jaysonguy here, in the first few months online had been quite difficult to enjoy, still playable most of time but this days, personally I didn't had much of any issues with the game online.

I also beat the single player twice and had maybe one glitch. Each experience varies I guess. However, compared to the original release, the multiplayer is more stable and enjoyable. That's a fact.

@Jaysonguy said:

dunesw64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dunesw64
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Your problem, OP, is that you're playing Battlefield for its campaign. That's like playing Tetris for the graphics or going to a steakhouse for its asparagus spears.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Look, you guys complaining about a game that's been out for a long time. Just imagine the day 1pc adopters who got a unfinished game until 8 months later when it was partially stable. Console gamers when bf4 came out on ps4 had a more stable version than pc at the time. I completed the single player twice on ps4 and haven't glitched out yet. So glad I didn't purchase that reskin hard line. Won't purchase another battlefield until 5 or star wars.