This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
(I'm not talking about retail/disc-based games sold on the Playstation Store, just smaller titles) PSN Downloadable titles have been coming since 2006 and have really picked up lately with Journey, The Walking Dead, and Counter Strike GO. Which one is your overall favorite? Mine has to be Shatter. The gameplay is very addicting and the soundtrack is fantastic. As a runner up I'd say Castke Crashers just because it's an awesome coop game.
#2 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

I really enjoyed Sound Shapes. Also love Castle Crashers and Plants vs Zombies.

#3 Posted by ItsEvolution (2593 posts) -

Don't know if it counts anymore because it's available on disc now, but Journey.

#4 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

Don't know if it counts anymore because it's available on disc now, but Journey.

ItsEvolution
It counts. It was originally a downloadable PSN title for $15. Games that don't count are GTA 4, Batman AC, Uncharted 2, and more games that are mainly retail titles. Plus the Journey CE is just a bundle of 3 PSN titles for $30.
#5 Posted by MethodManFTW (25589 posts) -
Sound Shapes, Journey, Zen Pinball 2, Retro/Grade.. Those are the ones I still play today. Plants Vs Zombies is incredible, I just have just played that game to death though.
#6 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

Plants Vs Zombies is incredible, I just have just played that game to death though.MethodManFTW

Same, I've got all the trophies for the PS3 version and platinum for the Vita version. So can't wait for PvZ2 next year.

#7 Posted by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

My favorite so far is The Walking Dead, can't wait for episode 4.

#8 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Dead Nation.
#9 Posted by thedarklinglord (662 posts) -
I haven't bought too many PSN titles, because I feel they're mostly overpriced, but I'd can safely endorse Castle Crashers. While I wish the game was longer and that it had more of a 'loot' system, it's still a great game and definitely scratches the itch for a co-op side-scrolling hack-n-slash / beat 'em up (a genre woefully neglected these days).
#10 Posted by voodoocanzo (46 posts) -
Dead Nation with Limbo right behind it
#12 Posted by volume_three (2142 posts) -

The Walking Dead followed by Back to the Future...

Then quite possibly Jurassic Park? (Downloaded but haven't commenced :oops: )

#13 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
Journey, Flower, Limbo, Dyad, Trine.
#14 Posted by Gugarosp (12 posts) -

Journey for sure

#15 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
Sound Shapes is on PSN? As in playable on PS3? And only PSN title I have played is Costume Quest, which is great, but I doubt it's the best PSN offers. I do have Limbo, Trine 1 and 2, and Braid on Steam, but haven't played any yet.
#16 Posted by ydnarrewop (2137 posts) -
Walking Dead :)
#17 Posted by benleslie5 (7775 posts) -
  • Journey
  • The Walking Dead
  • Flower
#18 Posted by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

My favi Critter Crunch LOL.

#19 Posted by MethodManFTW (25589 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Sound Shapes is on PSN? As in playable on PS3?

Yes to both.
#20 Posted by colibriosis (597 posts) -
Rag Doll Kung Fu is very awesome, definitely worth picking up and a lot of fun with several players.
#21 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

Rayman: Origins and Trine.

#22 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (272 posts) -
I really enjoyed Flower.
#23 Posted by glitch2424 (897 posts) -

Best PSN game, in terms of how much fun I had, had to be Lumines Supernova, and here's why:

1) Immersive and very mesmerizing visuals. You'll be glued to the screen.

2) Best block-puzzle gameplay I've seen since tetris.

3) Hypnotic soundtrack.

4) B/c of all the factors above, I've had a few people come pass by my tv and stop just to get glued to the screen as well.

5) Great replay value(many unlockables and challenges) and trophy support (though no platinum I don't think).

There's also multiplayer, but I forgot if there's online mp or not. If not, then that's the only negative I see. Alot of people don't mention lumines, just because it's not as well advertized and b/c it has recently seen its glory days on the original PSP a while back, but honestly, everyone should give this game a chance. Once you do, you'll get totally sucked in.

#24 Posted by optiplex7 (738 posts) -

Trine and From Dust

#25 Posted by QuebecSuperstar (4177 posts) -

My favourites are:

• Tokyo Jungle (bought it yesterday and I totally love it)
  • Rocket Knight
  • Trash Panic
  • Costume Quest
  • Gotham City Impostors
  • I Am Alive
  • Renegade Ops
#26 Posted by Ensamheten (392 posts) -

That would be flower.

#27 Posted by -Vulpix- (2375 posts) -
don't know about best ones but these are my current favoriteTokyo JungleTony Hawk's Pro SkaterSonic Adventure 2Sonic AdventureSonic CDSonic 2Shoot Many RobotsRocket KnightNights into DreamsThe Simpsons arcade gameBlade KittenOkami will be up there too already have it on PS2 and Wii. Hell Yeah was fun but haven't bought the game yet
#28 Posted by chocolate1325 (32463 posts) -

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

#29 Posted by eo_the_shaman (1800 posts) -

Flower is by far the best PSN game ever

#30 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Trine

#31 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8769 posts) -

excluding retail games on the service, I've had awful luck with games on PSN. Nothing's really given me too much enjoyment.

-Joe Danger: This was actually pretty good

-Journey: decent and a neat idea, but finished so very quickly

-Flower: awful. So pointless and irrelevant

-Sound Shapes: was fun for a little while, but ultimately not very engaging at all

I should try Trine

#32 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
because of the spooky holiday coming up everybody is raving about Resident Evil 6 but i want a zombie game thats not resident evil so been playing Dead nation which is amazing its made by the same people which did superstar dust HD which is one of the first PSN games and its still amazing to day games.
#33 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

That would be flower.

Ensamheten
I hate flower I could never get over its appeal or why would anyone want to play it, its just boring and dull and nothing major happens and before people start complaining i have had a go at it and went in to it with a open mind i just think its pointless hippy crap