Best PS3 games for under $30?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

Here is my main criteria

1. Decent single player

2. online multiplayer with an active community

3. No sports games unless its racing

Do not recommend MGS4, Call of Duty 4 or World at War, Resistance, Midnight Club LA, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2, Burnout Paradise, Battlefield 1943, Unreal Tournament III, Battlefield: Bad Company or Farcry 2 as I already own or have played these games already.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

Uncharted is an amazing game but you listed online multiplayer, so it's up to you if you wanna give a try. I love it and frankly it doesn't need multiplayer (it's just too much fun).

aznpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 aznpickle
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Socom Confrontation

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

well all i can think of is Devil May Cry 4 but that doesnt have online. a good campaign though.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

At $30 its easier to ask "whats left to play" rather than "whats the best?". I honestly don't think there IS a game with a good single player, good multiplayer and an active community for under 30.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
At $30 its easier to ask "whats left to play" rather than "whats the best?". I guess the only multiplayer game you didn't put down besides killzone 2 (not 30 bucks) is Bad Company. Try that.Ninja_Zombie83
he's got a point TC.
BlackTragedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

well all i can think of is Devil May Cry 4 but that doesnt have online. a good campaign though.

bigboss1203
boring story tho
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whitetiger3521

Socom Confrontation

aznpickle

I'll pass on that

HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HarDcore_RpG
Member since 2008 • 546 Posts

At $30 its easier to ask "whats left to play" rather than "whats the best?". I honestly don't think there IS a game with a good single player, good multiplayer and an active community for under 30.

Ninja_Zombie83

I have the answer!!

Soul Calibur 4~~29.99$ at Bestbuy or Futureshop

1. Decent offline mode

2. Active online community

3. Not a sports game

I find this game is very overlooked, i bought it day one when it released and ive enjoyed it, i dont play it as often anymore ( unless i play online) but every time a friend is over it never fails at delivering the fun. Seriously pick this game up for less than 30$. If not like everyone else said, your out of options.

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Bioshock, but you wont get an online community, obviously lol
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

burnout paradise and uncharted are the best $30 game.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whitetiger3521

[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

HarDcore_RpG

I have the answer!!

1. Decent offline mode

3. Not a sports game

I find this game is very overlooked, i bought it day one when it released and ive enjoyed it, i dont play it as often anymore ( unless i play online) but every time a friend is over it never fails at delivering the fun. Seriously pick this game up for less than 30$. If not like everyone else said, your out of options.

How does the full game compare to Soul Calibur II? and how many playable characters are there?

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 of course. :)
HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HarDcore_RpG

[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

whitetiger3521

I have the answer!!

1. Decent offline mode

3. Not a sports game

How does the full game compare to Soul Calibur II? and how many playable characters are there?

Funny you asked how it is compared to SC2, bcuz i only have 2 and 4:P

Honestly, the gameplay/fighting is smooth/fluid, so is the online, customization is awesome( so many colors%!!#) graphics are great and will not let you down at all. Total characters...eesh quite a few more than in SoulC2 thats for sure, and the apprentice doesnt dissapoint. Really all you need to know is that its as good as SC2 was but better in every aspect. I think you'll enjoy it, and if you eventually get it pm me and we"ll compete online!

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ninja_Zombie83

Ok, I finally got it after doing some research. Here's what I've got for you. Keep in mind, "beggars can't be choosers" so I'm not saying these games are great, but simply that they meet your standards.

Mercenaries 2 19.99: Its single player can be played with another person as a co-op. I've actually played this game about a month ago or so and there wasn't any problems finding people to play with at all.

Furi you are gonna love me for this one lol HAZE: 14.99!!! Yeah thats right Haze. Not only is it making a come-back on the forums through sympathy, it meets all your needs you are asking for.

Half-life 2 Orange Box 17.99 Since its two games in one, it meets both the online and single player and its actually pretty fun.

Last, but not least, Conflict Denied Ops 19.99 I havn't played this game, but it does have single player and online. How the online is, I dunno...but its 20 bucks so you get what you pay for.

Others found but I don't know enough about to say they have an active community. Turok and Fracture. I found these games at Hastings and GameStop. Some of these prices were used as the new ones might go above your budget. Your welcome :)

HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HarDcore_RpG

Ok, I finally got it after doing some research. Here's what I've got for you. Keep in mind, "beggars can't be choosers" so I'm not saying these games are great, but simply that they meet your standards.

Mercenaries 2 19.99: Its single player can be played with another person as a co-op. I've actually played this game about a month ago or so and there wasn't any problems finding people to play with at all.

Furi you are gonna love me for this one lol HAZE: 14.99!!! Yeah thats right Haze. Not only is it making a come-back on the forums through sympathy, it meets all your needs you are asking for.

Half-life 2 Orange Box 17.99 Since its two games in one, it meets both the online and single player and its actually pretty fun.

Last, but not least, Conflict Denied Ops 19.99 I havn't played this game, but it does have single player and online. How the online is, I dunno...but its 20 bucks so you get what you pay for.

Others found but I don't know enough about to say they have an active community. Turok and Fracture. I found these games at Hastings and GameStop. Some of these prices were used as the new ones might go above your budget. Your welcome :)

Ninja_Zombie83

Lol , i just find it funny that you stayed under the 20$ radar, you know you couldve choosen slighlty better games since you had 10$ lee-way (is that how you spell it) but then again there probably already listed above.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ninja_Zombie83
[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

Lol , i just find it funny that you stayed under the 20$ radar, you know you couldve choosen slighlty better games since you had 10$ lee-way (is that how you spell it) but then again there probably already listed above.

If you know of some that arn't listed that are between 20-30 bucks, feel free to list them. It takes a lot more work than critizing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
brothers in arms: hells highway (dunno if it has online), skate, sonic unleashed... look it up ur self just go on a gaming website or call ur local stores...
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Orange Box.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
If online is not too important to you, Oblivion is one of the greatest ps3 games out and can be found for under 30...There really is no need for online since the single player lasts 200+ hours if you get into it
Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles.. If you found it at 60$, I will send you 30$ to get it.
kkevguy47k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kkevguy47k
Member since 2008 • 900 Posts

Burnout Paradise!!!!!!!