Best ps3 2-player offline games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DXSHUI (6 posts) -

Just wondering what are the best 2 player ps3 offline games? Preferably co-op and story mode 2 player? Thanks!!

#2 Posted by Enid_Green (1261 posts) -

My husband and I had fun with Little Big Planet. We have Borderlands for the 360, but we put some hours in splitscreen on that too.

#3 Posted by LeithHibee (5 posts) -

There's not a lot of great choice out there just yet but me and buddies play the following when they're visiting;-

Call of Duty Black Ops, Gran Turismo 5, Tiger Woods 10 (skipped 11, waiting for 12), Borderlands, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Fifa 11, Resistance 2 and Virtua Fighter 5

Try a website called co-optimus - they give a good run down on 2 player local games.

Hope this helps!

#4 Posted by CheekyIchi (713 posts) -

You'll probably enjoy Little Big Planet, Sports Champion and Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition.

#5 Posted by Megavideogamer (5361 posts) -

Resident Evil 5, and I know it's a little old. Resistance 1, plus Marvel Ulimate alliance 1 and 2

#6 Posted by AthenianGamer90 (64 posts) -

Resident Evil 5 & LittleBigPlanet (& soon LittleBigPlanet 2).

EDIT: And Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2.

#7 Posted by canesfan8193 (477 posts) -
Tom Clancys Rainbox Six Vegas 2 has a pretty good offline cooperative campaign
#8 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Call of Duty Black Ops

LeithHibee

There's no way to play it unless you do so without any 'bots of any kind. The co-op games on BlOps needs to be connected online to function, a major criticism of the title which I say holds water... unlike most of the rest of the reasons people give for not liking it (like, "Activision", "Bobby Kotex", MP players of CoD are ***, or mentally deficient, etc etc).

#9 Posted by Sveznajko (33 posts) -

Lara Croft and the guardian of light.

For me it's the best co-op game on the ps3.

as for the competititve , there are Tekken 6 , Modnation Racers ...

#10 Posted by d_parker (1715 posts) -

I think I've had more fun with games from the Playstation Store than disc based games when it comes to offline multiplayer.

So far I've had fun with and recommend the following:

• Blokus
  • Bomberman Ultra
  • Deadliest Warrior
  • Magic (you can play with your mate against the computer)
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Pain
  • Risk Factions
  • Tank Battles
  • Tetris
  • Uno
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Zombie Apocalypse

Right now I'm having the most fun with Blokus, which is only $4.99. You can try the time limited demo and see if it's your cup of tea.

As for non PSN games, I think the zombie maps for Call of Duty World at War are great fun when a friend is over - it's always funny to see who screws up and gets taken out first.

#11 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6213 posts) -

Depends on you taste. IMO the best are all dynasty warriors games / from their series, Borderlands, Sacred 2, Black ops online, a lot of PSN titles like Lara Croft or pretty much every Zombie-Game etc

#12 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Resident Evil 5, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Resistance: Fall of Man are good fun.

#13 Posted by DXSHUI (6 posts) -

Thanks everyone!

#14 Posted by Srenjy (306 posts) -
re5 !
#16 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

Army of Two and Army of Two: 40th Day

#18 Posted by estives18 (1 posts) -
I recently found out that my girlfriend and I enjoy playing Ratchet and Clank All-4-One
#19 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

Borderlands, Lost Planet 2, Little Big Planet 2 (a lot better than #1), Dead Nation, Fear 3 campaign and offline multiplayer, Black Ops Bots (though they are poorly programmed, but supports up to 4 players, and zombies, and the secret arcade shooter mode), MW3 survival, Shank 1 for campaign, Shank 2 for Survival mode, Killzone 3 has splitscreen campaign, Ghost Recon Future Soldier Guerilla mode, Gran Turismo 5, King of Fighters 13, Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, Mortal Kombat.

There are more.

#20 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

[QUOTE="LeithHibee"]

Call of Duty Black Ops

MonkeySpot

There's no way to play it unless you do so without any 'bots of any kind. The co-op games on BlOps needs to be connected online to function, a major criticism of the title which I say holds water... unlike most of the rest of the reasons people give for not liking it (like, "Activision", "Bobby Kotex", MP players of CoD are ***, or mentally deficient, etc etc).

No it doesn't. They patched it to where you can play bots offline up to 4 player splitscreen & zombies 2 player splitscreen. If you don't have the patch, then you cannot play against bots offline. You can play combat training, but that's a online feature.

So ya, just get the game updated and its a fully funcional game. Probably the only CoD game that I can enjoy time to time.

#21 Posted by mish_rex001 (1 posts) -
I played Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom with my husband and it was so much fun! We'd play it until it was time to go to sleep and that was the first thing we both wanted to do when we woke up!
#22 Posted by IsJustMe (36 posts) -

Little Big Planet for me.

#23 Posted by PayneKiller (1896 posts) -

I enjoyed Dead Nation with my cousin. Got the platinum

#24 Posted by aamirshahji01 (23 posts) -

WWE 12 is the best game for 2 players offline gaming.

#25 Posted by Lochness1961 (1 posts) -
How do you play Risk (Classic) offline with two people? I bought the game hoping to play with my friend (against maybe some 'bots) but it does not seem like there is a way to do it. (The Risk Factions part does not interest me.) Any advice would be appreciated! John.
#26 Posted by chaotzu (773 posts) -
Killzone 3
#27 Posted by Lochness1961 (1 posts) -
How do you play Risk with two people?
#28 Posted by Legenkiller59 (6464 posts) -

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light

#29 Posted by videotoy (1 posts) -
No one mentioned any of the Lego games so I will. Star Wars Clone Wars 3, LOTR, Indiana Jones 2, Harry Potter, Batman 1+2, All the lego games are fun and have 2 player, but it wasn't until Indiana Jones 2 I think that they made it split screen/mesh screen so the early Star wars ones are still fun but in comparison now it's tough to play if you have someone who isn't so cooperative like a 3 year old who just wants to get to that next section.
#30 Posted by dylan417 (5029 posts) -

Honestly, I loved the Spec Ops missions from Modern Warfare 2.

#31 Posted by NeverUnmasked (1 posts) -
PORTAL 2!
#32 Posted by takspeed (219 posts) -

Borderlands series, resistance 1 and 3, twisted metal, family guy, mortal kombat, fear 3