Best professional PS3 repair?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Fredberona (4 posts) -

Can someone point me to the best PS3 repair people to send my PS3 to? I have the launch 60 GB and just got the YLOD. Crap.

#2 Posted by FendersONLY (1110 posts) -

Can someone point me to the best PS3 repair people to send my PS3 to? I have the launch 60 GB and just got the YLOD. Crap.

Fredberona
SONY lol
#3 Posted by waneesaljali (28 posts) -

hi man

if you can help me my ps3 80 gb was runing normally and suddenly the screen goes red and saying a "serious error has occured " so WOULD YOU HELP ME

#4 Posted by Fredberona (4 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fredberona"]

FendersONLY

SONY lol

I'm looking for other options. Sony costs $150, which I can't really afford.

#5 Posted by sa10kun (4290 posts) -

[QUOTE="FendersONLY"][QUOTE="Fredberona"]

Fredberona

SONY lol

I'm looking for other options. Sony costs $150, which I can't really afford.

There are usually a few people on craigslist that offer repairs. But most of the time it's about the same price as sony. I suggest trying to fix it yourself. There are lots of videos on youtube that will show you how.

#6 Posted by Fredberona (4 posts) -

There are usually a few people on craigslist that offer repairs. But most of the time it's about the same price as sony. I suggest trying to fix it yourself. There are lots of videos on youtube that will show you how.

sa10kun

Thanks. I'm finding some people on craigslist, but not all of them look professional.

Any other options?

#8 Posted by sa10kun (4290 posts) -

[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

Fredberona

Thanks. I'm finding some people on craigslist, but not all of them look professional.

Any other options?

I think that is basically it. Maybe try looking for a general electronics repair place?

#11 Posted by IllegalGamer (1178 posts) -
Its not allowing me to post detailed options. so here they are. 1. Replace HDD(3beeps/red light) 2.Thermal Paste on CPU(overheating)
#12 Posted by sa10kun (4290 posts) -

Maybe this will help if you want to try and do it yourself. A mod Dan_lero posted a blog about him fixing his ylod.

ylod

#13 Posted by Fredberona (4 posts) -

Maybe this will help if you want to try and do it yourself. A mod Dan_lero posted a blog about him fixing his ylod.

ylod

sa10kun

Thanks. I'm not tech savvy to that level, but it looks like it'd be worth a shot if I can't find a local or professional repair person.

Also, thanks to the other poster with the options.

#14 Posted by patriots7672 (3249 posts) -

www.us.playstation.com/support. Send it to Sony. No one knows their stuff better than them.

#15 Posted by CraigyM83 (648 posts) -
It's definitely not Sony.
#16 Posted by ny24dx2k (1 posts) -
where are you living, if you are in Cambridge UK, there is a place call Cambridge repair direct, I got my 60g fix there, you might want to try that one
#17 Posted by JohnF111 (14046 posts) -
There's only so much people can do, and to be honest it's pretty much only part replacements, anyone with a screwdriver can do just as good as sony so "professional" doesn't really apply here.
#18 Posted by sukme18292 (1 posts) -

ps-pros.com/Sony/Gametimerepair.com/google the **** bud.

#19 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -
Bumped twice,nice!