Best place to buy Dual Shock 3 Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bigboy2092 (1113 posts) -

hey guys, where is the cheapest place, store/Online to buy the Dual shock 3 controller for the PS3? i checked on craigs list but there isnt any in the NY area, is there some website thats selling it for cheaper or something? other than ebay cuz i dont have an ebay account..

#2 Posted by x_prominence_x (160 posts) -

you might want 2 check some pawnshops i found 1 there for 18 dollars. and im still using it as of now.

but i dunno i know that best buy has em 4 cheep. but other than that you really cant cheat the price

#3 Posted by gbpman630 (2795 posts) -
I think newegg had them for cheap.
#4 Posted by bigboy2092 (1113 posts) -

you might want 2 check some pawnshops i found 1 there for 18 dollars. and im still using it as of now.

but i dunno i know that best buy has em 4 cheep. but other than that you really cant cheat the price

x_prominence_x

what do u mean by pawnshops, can u give me a link?

Btw Newegg sells the dualshock 3 for 44$ with free shipping, not really cheap..

Can u please tell me where to get it for 18$

#5 Posted by ShaolinSun (160 posts) -
pawn shops are like places in your town/city that people sell stuff for money.
#6 Posted by CaptainDeCrosta (38 posts) -
Cheapest in stores is 49.88 at Walmart everywhere else sells them for 54.99! You want a new one not a used one! Buying a used controller is the dumbest think you can do when it comes to gaming!
#7 Posted by munkeypoo45 (3220 posts) -
best buy and target sell them pretty cheap
#8 Posted by ExtremeOne316 (742 posts) -

Wal - Mart sales them for $49.99.

#9 Posted by bigboy2092 (1113 posts) -
i found a guy on craigslis that will sell me his dualshock 3 for 40$.. why is it dumb to buy a used controller? he claims its brand new and that he just took it out of the box, he will deliver it to me tommorow..
#10 Posted by danjammer69 (4108 posts) -

It is like $47.99 at Wal-Mart.

You live in the States, so you know there has to be one near by.

Plus, if there are any problems, you can return it hassle free.

EDIT: lol, just realized...3 of us say Wal-Mart and give 3 different prices. :P

#11 Posted by Joe6555 (50 posts) -
I bought mine recently on Buy.com for $37 shipped.
#12 Posted by IronSalamander (496 posts) -
does it really matter? :?
#13 Posted by macfanboy (6 posts) -
This one is a good deal, its less than $50. http://www.ecrater.com/p/11409985/black-dualshock-3-bluetooth-wireless-sixaxis.
#14 Posted by dk00111 (3123 posts) -
Amazon has it up for $36 + free shipping. You won't be finding one for $18 anywhere... not new, at least.
#15 Posted by Ilikemyname420 (5146 posts) -

You can find some third party controllers for considerably cheaper than a regular DS3 (although I doubt you'll find one for $18 ). Other than that you won't find a place selling it much cheaper than anywhere else unless it's used or they have a crazy sale or something.

#16 Posted by USDevilDog (105 posts) -

I believe BestBuy brick and mortar has them for $39.99 currently.

#17 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
amazon
#18 Posted by Binginton (35 posts) -
Just watch for a sale @ local stores, sometimes I've seen them new for $35.00 on sale.
#19 Posted by Krypt_Kreeper (282 posts) -
The only cheap PS3 controller I've seen is the Nyko Core Controller which is $20 or so however it's not wireless and I don't belive it's sixaxis compatible either but it does vibrate.
#20 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17575 posts) -
I recommend buying it online. Newegg, Amazon, etc.
#21 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -
amazon is almost always the cheapest you'll find. currently you can get black or blue for $36. otherwise, you'd have to look somewhere like ebay or craigslist and take the risk that it'll be 3rd party or in bad condition.
#22 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
If you don't have the games in question, you can get a controller + greatest hits game for $60 = best deal IMO
#23 Posted by ThePerro (3103 posts) -

Your best bet is getting it from Amazon. I've seen them as cheap as $35 on there, and right now that's probably the cheapest you can get them from a legit retailer (You have to be really lucky from a pawn shop).

#24 Posted by Devouring_One (32311 posts) -
some retailers have the bundle for sale, like god of war with a controller for $50. not sure if you want those
#25 Posted by TwiddleChimp (2220 posts) -
I think Amazon has them for a lower price than most retail stores, but I haven't looked very hard.
#26 Posted by Threesixtyci (4283 posts) -

Personally.... I think your local Best Buy is the best place, along with their extended warranty. Then when it wears out you just get another. Which for me is about 3 months thanks to Fight Night. I wear out that right analog sticks like crazy with that game. The plastic around that stick always ends up breaking or dimpling.....

As for getting them at a discount... Amazon is currently selling them for 36 bucks. But only the black and blue ones, currently.

Oh cool. I just checked BestBuy's webpage, guess what... the black and blue are also 36 bucks there, too. Although, with Amazon I never have to pay tax.... (and of course this stupid forum refuses to allow me to hot link it) Protection Plan is 9 bucks more.... I'd say that's the best option. (I think I'm going to pick one up myself....)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+DualShock+3+Wireless+Controller+for+PlayStation+3/8782533.p?id=1205245968202&skuId=8782533&st=dualshock%203&cp=1&lp=1

#27 Posted by Thatonedude5432 (411 posts) -
3 year old topic?
#28 Posted by gamerguy845 (2074 posts) -
Amazon has them for $35 which is a great deal
#29 Posted by nashid05 (1 posts) -
i think u have to visit the following site i hope you will be grateful http://www.igamezone.net/products/sony-dualshock-3-wireless-controller-red-black-for-ps3-43
#30 Posted by EnsignHiro (11 posts) -
honestly i wouldnt buy one unless its bundled with a game or its cheap and 1st party. dont go with 3rd party as they are not as durable. some places in mind are gamestop bestbuy and kmart ( i bought my bundled black DS3 from fye but not all of them sell games so yea.). Amazon is a nice website if you shop online,
#31 Posted by eleven1181 (339 posts) -

best place to buy them are game stores, buying online is not safe IMO i bought a white one few weeks ago and it turned out to be fake, now i would only buy from a reputable store, just got me the modern warfare 3 controller from tesco store anyone like or dislike them ?

#32 Posted by chunnchilla (1 posts) -
I got the idea from friends at college: - Buy a big ass TV for like >$900 from Walmart - All chip in and get warranty too - On like the 89th day, return it w/ receipt saying sum B.S. and get refunded - (Go to different Walmart and repeat steps 1-3) What did we learn today class??? ** Be smart, take advantage of your advantages. Walmart's adoption of the 90 Day Return Policy is for the customer and it is our job to be that, a smart customer. Though I believe the stipulations of video game hardware is like 14 or 15 days, refurbished may be another story since it is to be LIKE new: if it grows defective, its not your fault.* Other than that, Craigslist, definitely. It's only like a 1 out of 3 chance the seller is a murderer, rapist, serial killer, psycho, or black. No worries mate!
#33 Posted by roberson76 (2 posts) -
http://search.focalprice.com/search?keyword=ps3&categoryid=&page=2 Is a site named Focalprice. Great for parts refurbed stuff and new stuff for almost anything electronics. refurbs are 19.49 and up.
#34 Posted by roberson76 (2 posts) -
[QUOTE="chunnchilla"]I got the idea from friends at college: - Buy a big ass TV for like >$900 from Walmart - All chip in and get warranty too - On like the 89th day, return it w/ receipt saying sum B.S. and get refunded - (Go to different Walmart and repeat steps 1-3) What did we learn today class???

Your a dumb ass!! It's because of people like you that these return policies will one day be revoked. You said in your statement the fundamental flaw "On like the 89th day, return it w/ receipt saying sum B.S." Bull **** like this is what has corporations trying to squeeze every penny out of us instead of appreciating customers like they used to.
#35 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

Amazon UK

#36 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
eBay is your friends, make an account :)
#37 Posted by FinalFighters (1386 posts) -

Why are ppl still responding, This thread is 5 years old..im pretty sure he bought a ps3 controller by now.

#38 Posted by woodyfr (204 posts) -
It could be a thread to check if there are some good deals. But, Ebay is NOT your friend, it's full of bad counterfeit Dual Shock. Don't forget to check your local stores if they do some sales. I bought Fifa 12 pack with a red DS3 for 20 (new !).