Best memory stick for psp?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EvilSteveo (1995 posts) -

I just recently purchased an PSP 3000 and forgot i need a memory stick for it. So What would be the best memory stick for a PSP 3000 I only have one game so far which is crisis core and plan to purchase resistance when it comes out. Thanks for any help.

#2 Posted by Genexi2 (3110 posts) -
Any memory stick should do fine. I personally favour the SanDisk brand since it's usually half the price of Sony's official brand for the same storage size. Can usually get a 2gb Memory Stick Pro Duo for $15-20 at your local Walmart, which is more than enough for save files and some music.
#3 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -

Are you going to be storing pictures, videos, and music on the device? If so, go for a 16gb or at least 8 gb SanDisk. Pretty great price here.

If just game saves, a 512 mb would do you just fine, and can be found for 6 bucks

#4 Posted by EvilSteveo (1995 posts) -
Thanks for all you helpful advice guys am going to a sandisk memory stick tomorrow.
#5 Posted by Metawave1975 (128 posts) -
Anyone should do, sandisk r official are best, just make sure its not tesco's/walmaqrts value memory stick or something like that :)
#7 Posted by Jakesta7 (2413 posts) -

Are you going to be storing pictures, videos, and music on the device? If so, go for a 16gb or at least 8 gb SanDisk. Pretty great price here.

If just game saves, a 512 mb would do you just fine, and can be found for 6 bucks

raven_squad
About how many game saves can each of those memory sticks hold? Thanks in advance..
#8 Posted by Genexi2 (3110 posts) -
Most PSP games use upwards of 1mb per game save, so 512mb will do fine for just general gaming.
#9 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Most PSP games use upwards of 1mb per game save, so 512mb will do fine for just general gaming.Genexi2
I have yet to encounter a PSP save that was that large. They generally seem to be in the 500kb range. So, needless to say, a 512mb stick would much more then suffice if you just use it for game saves.
#10 Posted by scartbat (3 posts) -

It all depends what you plan to use your PSP 3000 for games,music,films or photos ??. I have a 4G but the saves for games are small..... its your call

You should treat youself to more games UMDs are so cheap now :)

#11 Posted by xfactor19990 (10914 posts) -
ya get sandisk, i have a 4gb no probs
#12 Posted by tekkiegurl (33 posts) -
get the original memory stick to prevent having problems in the future
#13 Posted by hollydavenport (1 posts) -
#14 Posted by jonleeprice (1487 posts) -

I just recently purchased an PSP 3000 and forgot i need a memory stick for it. So What would be the best memory stick for a PSP 3000 I only have one game so far which is crisis core and plan to purchase resistance when it comes out. Thanks for any help.

EvilSteveo
Why did you buy old tech? why didnt you buy a vita????
#15 Posted by Ovirew (6245 posts) -
[QUOTE="EvilSteveo"]

jonleeprice

This topic is old. Lately I see a lot of level 1 users reviving old threads.
#16 Posted by jonleeprice (1487 posts) -
[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="EvilSteveo"]

Ovirew

This topic is old. Lately I see a lot of level 1 users reviving old threads.

Oh yea so it is :/
#17 Posted by death0194 (8 posts) -
I think i have 12MB stick you can buy it if you want big games .