Best Horror Shooters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nonRATE (42 posts) -

I'm still a little new to these forums, so I wasn't sure on how to go about creating a poll, if someone could that it will be great. Anyways which current horror survivor game you think is best and why and do you think games like Left 4 Dead and RE5 when released would overtake the current greats. here's the list:

DEAD SPACE

SILENT HILL: HOMECOMMING

BIOSCHOCK (not sure if it's label a horror survivor but it had it's moments)

COMMENDEND 2: BLOODSHOT (sort of a sleeper, but i thought it was pretty good)

#2 Posted by marcl18123 (2018 posts) -

Well since u have Silent Hill on the list, u should Siren Blood Curse, since neither are really shooters, but they are horror.

As for the best, its a tie between Bioshock and DeadSpace, at least gameplay, but DeadSpace is definitely scarier the Bioshock imo

#3 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

I'm still a little new to these forums, so I wasn't sure on how to go about creating a poll, if someone could that it will be great. Anyways which current horror survivor game you think is best and why and do you think games like Left 4 Dead and RE5 when released would overtake the current greats. here's the list:

DEAD SPACE

SILENT HILL: HOMECOMMING

BIOSCHOCK (not sure if it's label a horror survivor but it had it's moments)

COMMENDEND 2: BLOODSHOT (sort of a sleeper, but i thought it was pretty good)

nonRATE

Created a poll with no poll at all... anyway, it's Survival Horror, not "horror suvivor", JFYI.

And take away the "shooter" part from the title or remove SHH and Condemned from the list.

#4 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -

Dead Space is the only survival horror shooter I'd say. Maybe Alone in the Dark?

Bioshock is just creepy, not really horror.

#5 Posted by nonRATE (42 posts) -
thanks for the correction, lol, and why dont you breakdown what a real "horror survivor" game is, just curious, and don't you shoot in SHH and Condemned. not tryna argue just wondering...
#6 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

thanks for the correction, lol, and why dont you breakdown what a real "horror survivor" game is, just curious, and don't you shoot in SHH and Condemned. not tryna argue just wondering...nonRATE

Condemned is a FP Melee, kinda like a FPS but it focus mainly on melee weapons. And SHH has guns but it's gameplay is not based on shooting.

And for me a Survioval Horror game is a game with (obviously) horror atmosphere where the character must survive with "scarce" resourses, or something like that.

#7 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -

thanks for the correction, lol, and why dont you breakdown what a real "horror survivor" game is, just curious, and don't you shoot in SHH and Condemned. not tryna argue just wondering...nonRATE

I guess condemned counts. It's tough these days, even games like Resident Evil that have always been Survival Horror are now considered "Action Horror"

Survival is a game like Silent Hill, where you don't get much to work with and you have to survive. Games like Alone in the Dark and even Resident Evil 4 are Action Horror, because you get so many weapons and so much ammo it isn't all that hard to survive at all.

Try playing RE2, every bullet mattered. You got what...10 shots of the grenade launcher throughout the entire game?

When you say Horror Shooters, I think Dead Space, Condemned and Fear.

#8 Posted by nonRATE (42 posts) -
thanks for the clearification, but it makes since of how a game like FEAR which has horror elements to it isn't a survival game like RE. Thanks.
#9 Posted by Bunnyslippers (2171 posts) -

Clive Barker's Jericho

The Darknes?