Benefits of PlayStation Plus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

I just got a promotional code for a 30-day trial with PlayStation Plus after purchasing Uncharted 3 off Amazon, apparently it was some bonus with the game since I bought it from there. I received a code in an e-mail and am contemplating whether to redeem it or not. I realize that it's free and well worth a shot, but is it really that much better than PlayStation Network, where I already download my game demos/movie trailers/gaming extras? I don't have a ton of memory left on my PS3 (40GB model) so I want to be cautious about what I use or download, since I don't use much more than Netflix as far as non-gaming goes.

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

I find Plus is well worth it just for the free games they give each month along with discounts on dlc for games. Go ahead and taste the rainbow! :P

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts

I would suggest upgrading your HD if you are getting Plus. There are free games to download (some of which are 14gb for example), cloud save game features which is awesome since some games you can't backup on a usb, automatic downloads of game patches and system updates, 1 hour game demos so you can play as much of a game as you possibly can in an hour, discounts galore...freebies all over the place from avatars to themes. I know you have a trial, but consider buying if you spend money at the PSN store. Now, if you use your trial and download some games when the trial expires you can't play your free games anymore unless you get a Plus subscription. :)

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I find Plus is well worth it just for the free games they give each month along with discounts on dlc for games. Go ahead and taste the rainbow! :P

lyndonAPI
How are they free if you're paying money?
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
It's perfect for people who are very casual with their DD purchases.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

try it and if you like it, you should know some stuff first.

1. upgrade your HDD, i upgraded my from 80gb to 500gb and after downloading everything i bought and the new free games i have left 260gb xD

2. its a suscription for early betas, upload save files on the cloud, 1 hour trials, auto updates, huge discounts (from 20 to 50%) and the best part...free games galore

3. remember that the games you get for free are only yours as long you keep suscribed, that means if you cancel your suscribtion you cant play the game anymore. different with games bought thru psn plus discounts, those are yours forever

i had my doubts about psn+ before, but who can resist to 12 free gameshttp://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/and more to be added monthly? huh not me, its more than $200 for free ad you only pay $4 a month.

for me its worth it

esgallad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 esgallad
Member since 2012 • 99 Posts
[QUOTE="lyndonAPI"]

-Unreal-
How are they free if you're paying money?

They're free in a sense that you get more than your money's worth. Paying $50 for the 1 year subscription gives you $200+ worth of games and discounts.
DarkRikuShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 DarkRikuShadow
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts

go ahead man its super worth it i still got like 46 gb left with my 160 gig which i plan on updating my HDD once i get some extra money saved up from working. but you cant beat free games every month

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I'd grab plus if they intergrated it into the playstation vita.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

PS+ is just an online coupon book with an additional limited game rental service.

Paying a subscription for discounts isn't beneficial, unless you do the majority of your game shopping on the Playstation Network.

You're probably thinking of downloading all the "free" games you can, and then never subscribing to PS+ again. If you are, you're in for a big surprise when that subscription runs up. :3