Been outta it a while...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ReaperZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ReaperZA
Member since 2003 • 1521 Posts

So guys, need some help in choosing some games here.... Ive been out of gaming for a while and missed the following releases that interested me very much, which do you guys think offers the most "value for money". I love games that focus on story, stealth and have possibly unique fantasy worlds. I know SSX doesnt focus on stroy, but I also loved the first 2 and had LOADS of fun with them so it might be worth it in terms of "value"?

Basically I won't be able to pick up another game anytime soon, so Im looking for which one will give me the most fun/awesome time until I can get my next purchase. Also, when I say value, I dont necessarily mean "length" but rather "this game has too much good stuff to miss up" as a average game thats uber long is not as good value as an awesome game that's short. :)

Thank you all for your help! :)

Also I missed Eternal Sonata, Atelier Rorona and Assassins Creed Revelations but couldn't fit it in the list, so let me know if youd go for those! >.<

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
SSX has tons of drops, like way more than any before. Unfortunately with that, there are WAY more bad drops than ever before. That said I still absolutely loved the game. Dragon's Dogma is pretty fun. The combat is some of the best I have ever played in a RPG, however the story is basically completely irrelevant. Sleeping Dogs is really good and fun.. Only played the first few hours of it but I really enjoyed what I played. Haven't played any of the Tales games or Dishonored yet, but Dishonored looks really great.. Multiple ways to approach everything add a ton of replayability.
ReaperZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ReaperZA
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]SSX has tons of drops, like way more than any before. Unfortunately with that, there are WAY more bad drops than ever before. That said I still absolutely loved the game. Dragon's Dogma is pretty fun. The combat is some of the best I have ever played in a RPG, however the story is basically completely irrelevant. Sleeping Dogs is really good and fun.. Only played the first few hours of it but I really enjoyed what I played. Haven't played any of the Tales games or Dishonored yet, but Dishonored looks really great.. Multiple ways to approach everything add a ton of replayability.

Thanks for that, very informative and helpful! :) Hope you get Dishonored soon!
ReaperZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ReaperZA

Thanks for all the votes guys! :)

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i'd defaintly go with sleeping dogs, just for variety, if your into your gta sort of games then this is by far the best there has ever been, the fighting and learning new moves is fun, the driving is an absolute blast and have way more fun driving about than any game in this genre, the missions are pretty straight forward but they keep your attention, there are also side mission which are brilliant the racing is great, and it so much better that the whole game doesn't include guns that much, they are in the game but you don't keep hold of them.

SSX is also a good game but seeing as it is just snowboarding, it may get old fast but i enjoy it alot not as much as sleeping dogs tho, and i'[m not usually one for a gta style game keeping my interest.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

All of those are pretty good games, except sleeping dogs I think, you can probably find SSX or Tales for cheap! I paid around $30 for a brand new copy of Tales a few months back might be even cheaper now! Sadly though i've put bairly anytime into as i'm still playing Tales of the Abyss on 3DS.

ReaperZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReaperZA

Thanks again guys! Yeah sleeping dogs sounds tempting but I'm not a huge GTA fan so I'm a bit worried by that, I've heard the story is good tho so that may change my opinion! :) I'll have a look at pricing too, maybe I can get a few for cheap now :P

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Out of those choices I'd say Sleeping Dogs. That game is awesome.

Not much is known about Dishonored yet.

SSX wasn't to bad. Pretty fun actually.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Out of that list, the only one i have experience with is SSX. I loved the previous ones and SSX is way harder than it used to be.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#10 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Dishonored. Freedom of choice and tonnes of variety. Get it.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I haven't played the other games, but Dishonored is quite a game. I love it and it looks to be very replayable and quite lengthy. I highly recommend it.
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Get Dishonored.

Dishonored is like bacon, you have the choice to eat it or the choice not to eat it. The choice is all up to you.