Batman Arkham Orgins Next week.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

Not much hype for this game. Only debuting on current gen. I feel like GTAV and next gen being around the corner, will make this game sales suffer.

Is anyone picking it up?

I'm debating on buying it. I loved the first two Batman games, but im still on the fence about this one.

The world is twice the size of arkham city, although warner brothers montreal is developing it unlike the first two games that were made by rocksteady studios.

One thing that hasn't changed is the combat system and that is the great part because fighting was really fun in the first two games.

I suppose the die hard fans will pick this up.

#2 Posted by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

I will pick it up sometime. I've enjoyed the batman games, and it's a plus that they are keeping the combat the same since I love it.

#3 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Yeah, definitely getting it for PC.

Dat PhysX.

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

Still no word on Riddler and The Collectables ?

#5 Posted by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

Still no word on Riddler and The Collectables ?

It is confirmed that riddler will be in the game and also his challenges will be making a return.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

i will pick it up, not sure if i am getting it at release though

#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5653 posts) -

Definitely day 1 for me. Can't wait.

#8 Posted by ghstbstr (8789 posts) -

I am getting Batman Arkham Origins and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I will be broke for the next few weeks. Can't wait to play these games!

#9 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -

I'm buying it on PS3. Shame it isn't coming to PS4.

#10 Posted by ewalthour (623 posts) -

I probably will pass on this one since there doesn't seem to b e a lot more to it than last yrs addition. I know it will have online play bit not sure how good it can get. I have gta5 and already paid off my ps4 preorder. I agree barman sales will suffer this yr. I also think not adding the batmobile and bike was a mistake. That would have enhanced the game tremendously. This just seem like a incrementable update vs a major overhaul to compete with no being a next gen game nor not having vehicles that has weapons

#11 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

yeah, but don't worry, we are probably going to see a next gen Batman game next year

#12 Posted by Dog (37 posts) -

I've deadlines to avoid in the next two weeks also... Rough with all these games coming out...

#13 Posted by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

I know. I would get it for ps4 in a heartbeat. I expect the graphics in this game to be amazing since its so close to next gen.

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

@Doolz2024 said:

I know. I would get it for ps4 in a heartbeat. I expect the graphics in this game to be amazing since its so close to next gen.

But it is kind of a given Rocksteady were focusing on the next gen, while this studio was suppose to do current gen

#15 Posted by MiguelNoche (161 posts) -

Pre ordered. Can't wait. The fighting was the best for me. And why I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs so much for the same combat people.

#16 Edited by blamix (192 posts) -

Already preordered the collectors edition, the batman and joker statue is so cool.. Another statue in my room :)

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

@blamix said:

Already preordered the collectors edition, the batman and joker statue is so cool.. Another statue in my room :)

damn i want that

#18 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

I recently managed to play it, and if you enjoyed the first two I suggest you get it,but don't expect anything much different.

#19 Posted by biggest_loser (24009 posts) -

If you think its going to be the same standard as the other two I think you're going to be in for a rude shock. A lot of the original talent is gone. I still don't understand why people can cry milkage for other games but with this its 'oh I want more of the same!' Why can't we just be satisfied with the first two games and leave it at that?

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

If you think its going to be the same standard as the other two I think you're going to be in for a rude shock. A lot of the original talent is gone. I still don't understand why people can cry milkage for other games but with this its 'oh I want more of the same!' Why can't we just be satisfied with the first two games and leave it at that?

It's not annual and they have had some years to develop it. I think it has potential, there are other game franchises that are much worse. If you are going to talk about milking you should talk about the games that do get annual releases

#21 Edited by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/10/21/batman-arkham-origins-17-minute-gameplay-walkthrough

Seems like its the same standard to me and looking pretty good. Plus the batcave is in it. Bonus.

#22 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

I think it will be incredibly similar. Not a huge step up or anything like that, but very similar. WB Montreal has a ton of talent and they just copied the combat engine so I imagine it will be pretty good.

What do you mean by a lot of the original talent is gone, though? Rocksteady doesn't have anything to do with this game.

#23 Edited by kozzy1234 (35143 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

Why not play the game first? You seem to have a pretty bad view on some games before they even come out. Why say its not as good as the first two just because a different team is working on it? What if it turns out to be amazing? You seem to have already made your mind up though before its even out...

Then again you did say GTA5 is average, did someone hack you're account recently?

Why must gamers be so judgemental these days on games that are not even out? People have a crystal ball I dont have?

#24 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

I will when the price drops around Thanksgiving. Black Friday Deal for sure.

#25 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

@biggest_loser: It is the same thing; I recently managed to play it at a Game lockin.

#26 Posted by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Have a feeling it will be a massive flop sales-wise, but will be one of those great games few people play. Arkham City is one of my favourite games this gen and I cant wait to play this.

#27 Edited by gameofthering (10094 posts) -

I pre-loaded it today(PC)

I just need to try and avoid spoilers! It seems like most games I've wanted this year, have been spoiled by some annoying idiots on the net :(

#28 Posted by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

No reviews up yet.

#29 Edited by sweeten16 (2872 posts) -

I've already watch the first two hours of the game on youtube because I was curious and can say it is more of the same that you are used to.

#30 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

No reviews up yet.

They should be up soon though

#31 Posted by CTR360 (6952 posts) -

i rent it yesterday and i lke it great graphics story and atmosphere i hope buy it next month

#32 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

i rent it yesterday and i lke it great graphics story and atmosphere i hope buy it next month

How does it play compared to the earlier games?

#33 Edited by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

So it got 6/10. A little harsh but im still going to play the game and make my decision.

#34 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

Yeah i don't trust gamespot anyways these days, it got a 4/5 from Rev3games and 7.8 from IGN

#35 Posted by marcheegsr (2464 posts) -

Yeah i don't trust gamespot anyways these days, it got a 4/5 from Rev3games and 7.8 from IGN

7.8 lol so stupid I wonder what that .2 was.

#36 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

7.8 lol so stupid I wonder what that .2 was.

They divide the score by 4 qualifications: Presentation, Gameplay, Story, Audio and i think the overall review score. So i think they have 5 categories

#37 Posted by BH14 (1661 posts) -

How in the world did Arkham Origins mess up? I am surprised. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both scoring 91 out of 100 metascore. At worst, I thought the game could drop to an 8 out of 10 but not a 6!