Batman Arkham Asylum - How important is the Catwoman DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -
I currently can't play the game with the Catwoman DLC but will access to it later in the year. But basically, will I be missing out on an important part the experience by playing it later?
#2 Posted by greenskittles (810 posts) -

You definitely do not need it. It actually was disrupting to the experience in my opinion as she was less dynamic. Her story does not need added perspective in any way. She is just a plot device that will occur whether you have hers or not. Let me restate ... it is better without.

#3 Posted by moej88 (781 posts) -

there are portions in the game where you play as her and see whats going in the city, but dont want to spoil anything. I found it to be quite entertianing and gives the story something extra and works really well. also there are Riddler trophies in pink around the city for you to chase as well.

#4 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8796 posts) -

You definitely do not need it. It actually was disrupting to the experience in my opinion as she was less dynamic. Her story does not need added perspective in any way. She is just a plot device that will occur whether you have hers or not. Let me restate ... it is better without.

greenskittles

I agree with this completely

#5 Posted by chaotzu (773 posts) -

greenskittles
It's not important at all, really. Just a side story that goes parrallel to Batman's. I actually enjoyed it, but I can see how some people were annoyed by it. Everytime something incredibly awesome happens in Batman's story, or whenever there's some kind of huge cliffhanger where Batman's in extreme danger, they cut to Catwoman.
#6 Posted by Nintatterdemon (69 posts) -

Really underwhelming in both story and gameplay. :/ I would've preferred to play it without those sections.