augmented reality ? whats the best one ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

sup yall , which of the AUG-REAL games are the best to checkout the feature ? just recently got a vita and wanna try it out , have some cash leftover on psn for one game so i thought i'll ask you for advice

#2 Posted by robmonga2 (1193 posts) -
Only one I'm familiar with is the Little Deviants collection of Ps Vita mini games that show off every feature the console has...
#3 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Well if you haven't played the three free games, you might give those a try (Fireworks, Table Soccer, and Cliff Diving). Fireworks is the best, and it looks pretty stunning. It was a nice demo for the screen when I first got my Vita. :D If you're itching to spend some money, Table Top Tanks is decent fun if you've got a friend to play with, and I've heard good things about PulzAR (a laser-based puzzle game) and that Hockey game, which also has multiplayer and a plays like a nice basic hockey game.
#4 Posted by Mikako (70 posts) -

well if you like puzzle or like aftering the story or the game art; I'll be suggesting you to try Dokuro. it's a puzzle platformer.

Some may already have finished this game like me but I'm playing this again over and over again for trophies and of course to sharpen my JUMPING SKILLS!!! woooh

#5 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
What does Dokuro have to do with Augmented Reality features?
#6 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

so i tried some games , table soccer , table hockey , table tanks , that firworks game and reality fighters , realiti fighters seems to be the best one of them , the other ones are more like minigames or tech demos

#7 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Right, I forgot about the only non-minigame in the bunch. :P Did you try out PulzAR? It seemed interesting, but I'm not the biggest puzzle fan.
#8 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Right, I forgot about the only non-minigame in the bunch. :P Did you try out PulzAR? It seemed interesting, but I'm not the biggest puzzle fan.

no, it didnt look like something i would want to try
#9 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Did you try out TableTop Tanks' map editor feature? You can add real objects (simple ones, like cans, coasters, or round fruits like apples) to the arena. It's tricky to get right, but extremely impressive once you get it working. Bullets collide with your object, and you can add effects like water or smoke if they're hit. Tanks and bullets can pass behind them and actually be obstructed from view. I think it's so far the most impressive use of AR tech I've seen.
#10 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -
yeah , seen that in the demo video but tried the game only briefly so didnt played around much so far
#11 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
It's worth trying out at least once. Quite the wow moment when you get it working properly.
#12 Posted by Renzokucant (3123 posts) -
Pulzar. Tabletop tanks. And fireworks
#13 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2737 posts) -
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Well if you haven't played the three free games, you might give those a try (Fireworks, Table Soccer, and Cliff Diving). Fireworks is the best, and it looks pretty stunning. It was a nice demo for the screen when I first got my Vita. :D If you're itching to spend some money, Table Top Tanks is decent fun if you've got a friend to play with, and I've heard good things about PulzAR (a laser-based puzzle game) and that Hockey game, which also has multiplayer and a plays like a nice basic hockey game.

Are they on the PS network the free ones?
#14 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -
[QUOTE="SoAmazingBaby"][QUOTE="Granpire"]Well if you haven't played the three free games, you might give those a try (Fireworks, Table Soccer, and Cliff Diving). Fireworks is the best, and it looks pretty stunning. It was a nice demo for the screen when I first got my Vita. :D If you're itching to spend some money, Table Top Tanks is decent fun if you've got a friend to play with, and I've heard good things about PulzAR (a laser-based puzzle game) and that Hockey game, which also has multiplayer and a plays like a nice basic hockey game.

Are they on the PS network the free ones?

there should be a redeem code in the package where the augmeneted reality cards are , sadly i noticed the code after purchasing the games :D
#15 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Huh? That's interesting. They're free on the NA store. I just logged on and downloaded, there were no redeem codes involved. I looked it up, and it's different in Europe. Oh well. Two of the three aren't really worth your time, anyway. Fireworks is decent, but not likely to keep you busy for long.