Assassins Creed or Need for Speed? What's more worth the 60?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

I am heading out today to grab a new game and wondering which one is more worth the 60 bucks? Anyone that has both may I please have some feedback? Thank you guys!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Both are great games. I have both but I would choose AC black flag. More things to do, and it will last you longer.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Both are great games. I have both but I would choose AC black flag. More things to do, and it will last you longer.

Yeah, agreed.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I got AC IV, and it's the game i have enjoyed the most on PS4. I really want to try out NFS Rivals though

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

If you are a fan of other AC i would go for AC4. I have loved NFS rivals though

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Maybe AC. Driveclub will be here before you know it.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

well im sorry iv not played the need for speed game but I can tell that IMO black flag is an amazing game. its not perfect of course but id say its one of the most fun games iv played in a long long time and maybe one of the best games iv played. of course every one has def taste in games and def prefrences on what makes a game great, also iv always been very interested in the time period and with the naval aspect of the time. IMO its one of the most interesting settings, it was a time when sword fighting was still common and not completely impractical do to very effective fire arms tech yet you still have fire arms and the fire arms of the time were pretty cool, pistols ect were as much a piece of art and find craftsmen ship as practical tool/weapon.And sailing ships of that general era were also works of art, at least some were lol. its just an amazing setting for a video game,movie or book. So maybe the fact I find the setting so cool makes the game seem better to me than it would to some one else who has little or no real intreast in the time period.

Any way unless you hate the AC games and the setting for the game I think you wont regret getting black flag. The naval combat and sailing around is a lot of fun. I think they made a good desission making the game more open world like and allowing players to actually sail in real time from place to place with pleanty of chances for ship to ship fighting which is a lot of fun a pretty well done. upgranding the ship is great and adds depth to the game, the hunting both on land and sea is also a nice touch. the sword fighting is well done and more fun than in past Ac games at least to me. the stealth macanics I think could have been better biut still fun and useful. Any way I highly recommend the game if u liked past AC games or if you think youd enjoy a game wich takes place in that setting. Also I should note that the game looks fantastic. I have the ps4 version but from what iv seen the ps3 version looks really good as well. sailing around in a storm looks great,really impressive visuals. And some of the land based areas are really cool looking. a lot of detail, they really captured the look and feel of the caribean.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@SpiderLuke said:

Maybe AC. Driveclub will be here before you know it.

if by "before you know it" means end of february, early march... then yeah.

but he could have played the hell out of NFS by then...

i would say it depends on what you want in the game. if you want 3rd person action... then AC4. if you want driving, the NFS.... both are good games.

Yeah, I mean, it is all what he prefers. Idk, time flies for me. February and March I feel like will be here in no time. Hell, ten years went in the blink of an eye for me. It'll seem like a week and March'll be here before you know it. lol

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Got some xmas gift cards so I may pick up black flag today..Add to my early collection..Need for speed is fun..Tough at times..If you a racer your constant on guard against player cops..It adds to the fun because im always gunning for my hide out lol..Still really like the game although I am looking forward to drive club..It is on the ps store already says for free also just not available yet..

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'll disagree I hate AC series I had to drag myself through AC2 and never played the rest but I gave this one a try and I love it, I think its a vastly different game to any other ac, well worth playing

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Assassin's Creed IV is a sensational game and has SO MUCH to do. I've done most of it - but not all - and I've sunk nearly 55 hours in to it.