Are you getting the PS4 at launch?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonyForever (0 posts) -
Personally I'm not I still have a huge backlog to finish for this gen and so many great games still on the way like Arkham Origins which isn't even releasing on next gen consoles.... I figure I'll be ready to jump into next gen holiday 2014.
#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2412 posts) -

I pre orderd ps4 the first day preorders started to happen. So Yes I will get ps4 at launch.

Im keeping my ps3. I have a huge backlog, plus I need it for GTAV and still going to pick up beyond two souls, arkham orgins, and Gran turismo 6.

Not to mention all the games I missed out on that will be dirt cheap soon.

#3 Posted by SLAMMIN23 (1471 posts) -

ill be getting a ps4 also at launch i might be going to the midnight launch at best buy i also pre-ordered the night they announced the price of the system

#4 Posted by SLAMMIN23 (1471 posts) -

ill be getting batman arkham origins also

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5391 posts) -

Yep, had mine pre-ordered since early June... Plus a couple of games.

I'll be keeping my PS3 but.

#6 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -
Yes I am. Whether or not my PS3 sticks around depends on the quality of Drive Club. I need a racing game in my life so my PS3 may stay on the shelf simply to play GT6 come December.
#7 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

probably not at launch.  but MGS is best on ps consoles so as soon as it comes out ill get a ps4 fir that.

#8 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

I've got a PS4 pre-ordered, along with Watch Dogs and AC4.

#9 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

Does a one legged duck swim in circles?;)

#10 Posted by CleanB (2 posts) -

Not unless I win one from Taco Bell.

#11 Posted by RimacBugatti (1151 posts) -
Already preordered but Best Buy has given me a release date of November 31. It's ok because either way it's a Christmas gift so I have to wait until Christmas to play it anyways which is fine by me.
#12 Posted by porkchopxp (1117 posts) -

Yes, I'll be there at midnight. Haven't decided on a game yet, frontrunners are Watchdogs or Killzone. As for my PS3, I'll be keeping it for Beyond, Batman and Castlevania LOS2 and for revisiting the following games:

Metal Gear Legacy

Uncharted 1-3

Infamous 1-2

TLOU

Mass Effect 2-3

Batman Arkham 1-2

Burnout Paradise

#13 Posted by undeadgoon (594 posts) -

nope got ps3 on launch.. and it died every year till i got a slim..... not falling for that again

#14 Posted by Sophette (505 posts) -

I have my preodered from Amazon. Honestly, I'm not going to play it right away, I'm going to put in the biggest HDD I can afford, likely 1.5TB since my 500GB on my PS3 is nearly fully. I never thought I'd full that hard drive my PS+ proved otherwise.

I'm also getting a handheld from another company to play the sequel to an action rpg about a guy in a green tunic... (Trying to stay on topic by not mentioning other systems). So yeah, that's what I'll likely be doing for the first two months of my PS4's life. Once I finish that game, I'll check out some indie games, and maybe a launch game.

Anyone else going to upgrade their hard drive upon or soon after purchase. With the 50GB Killzone story, I don't want to take any chances this gen.

#15 Posted by sukraj (21470 posts) -

No i'm not getting one.

#16 Posted by CleanB (2 posts) -

I have my preodered from Amazon. Honestly, I'm not going to play it right away, I'm going to put in the biggest HDD I can afford, likely 1.5TB since my 500GB on my PS3 is nearly fully. I never thought I'd full that hard drive my PS+ proved otherwise.

I'm also getting a handheld from another company to play the sequel to an action rpg about a guy in a green tunic... (Trying to stay on topic by not mentioning other systems). So yeah, that's what I'll likely be doing for the first two months of my PS4's life. Once I finish that game, I'll check out some indie games, and maybe a launch game.

Anyone else going to upgrade their hard drive upon or soon after purchase. With the 50GB Killzone story, I don't want to take any chances this gen.

Sophette

When I do get a PS4 around the middle of next year, I'm just going to keep on buying games physically, and even with all the PS + stuff I doubt I'll come anywhere close to filling up 500 GB of space.

#17 Posted by Terrencec06 (3382 posts) -

Pre-ordered and I'd like to pick it up at midnight but I know people will be jacking so I'll pick it up the following day.

#18 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (377 posts) -

I was planning to pre order it back in june but didn't make the dead line sadly. So I'll just continue finishing my backlog till more are avaliable. Right now I'm looking extremely forward to Beyond Two Souls anyway, so I'm content right now.

#19 Posted by kingdre (9456 posts) -

Nah. I want to wait and see if it'll suffer from any hardware issues first. My backlog of games is pretty extensive too so there's that. 

#20 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Nope. Still TONS of life (and games to play through) on my PS3... I wait for all the inevitable hardware malfunctions, redesigns, and price drops to happen. Plus, I want to see where all of the used game nonsense and online faulderrall settles... There are still WAY too many variables behind the curtain, and nothing on the next-gen that I feel an overwhelming desire to play...

#21 Posted by nyc05 (10160 posts) -

Absolutely.

Had it pre-ordered and paid off since the middle of June.

#22 Posted by callsignalpha (26 posts) -
I wont get it at launch.I have a LOOOOOONG list of games to play on the ps3 plus i will wait for all the problems that come with new consoles to settle down (yes i hve experienced the YLOD on ps3 !) and its game library to fillup....I am gonna buy it in September 2014....
#23 Posted by Namgis (3569 posts) -

Nope. Launch hardware are notoriously spotty. I like to hold off until a slim model is released before I get into a gen. By that time, I'm all played out of 'last' gen. 

#24 Posted by Drakan11 (763 posts) -
Probably, but I am concerned about launch defects. And my PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I have 20+ games that I own and still haven't played.
#25 Posted by SonyForever (0 posts) -
Yeah I was also thinking about waiting for the Slim but if everything is looking good on the launch console by the middle of next year i'll bite.
#26 Posted by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Nope, I'm waiting at least a year before getting any next gen console. Of all the announced exclusive games so far only the new InFamous interests me, which I can wait for, while all the other games I want are being released on PS3 anyway. Plus any potential hardware problems will hopefully have been ironed out after a year or so.

#27 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Not likely. I plan on waiting till Spring. Have a feeling wifey will surprise me with a launch unit.

#28 Posted by bighorse83 (0 posts) -

I'm going to wait til they come out with a 1TB model. By then, there should be nice selection of games.

#29 Posted by clr84651 (5270 posts) -

2 PS4s preordered. 

#30 Posted by clr84651 (5270 posts) -

I'm going to wait til they come out with a 1TB model. By then, there should be nice selection of games.

bighorse83

I will have the 1TB model. It's called a 1TB upgrade. 

#31 Posted by clr84651 (5270 posts) -

Probably, but I am concerned about launch defects. And my PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I have 20+ games that I own and still haven't played. Drakan11

Sony's never launched a console with any defects. 

#32 Posted by SonyForever (0 posts) -

[QUOTE="Drakan11"]Probably, but I am concerned about launch defects. And my PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I have 20+ games that I own and still haven't played. clr84651

You're joking right? I'm not saying launch PS3's had a bunch of defects but they still had some. Overheating was an issue for a lot of people not as bad as the launch 360 but still there.

#33 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

[QUOTE="Drakan11"]Probably, but I am concerned about launch defects. And my PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I have 20+ games that I own and still haven't played. SonyForever

You're joking right? I'm not saying launch PS3's had a bunch of defects but they still had some. Overheating was an issue for a lot of people not as bad as the launch 360 but still there.

And the PS2 had so many defects, it resulted in a lawsuit.
#34 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -
I think I'll wait til feb and get one with my tax money. Way too many games to finish from my instant game library as well as my 360. Also want to buy more. Once these new consoles release, expect some really good price drops and close outs in order to make room for next gen games. You can also expect to find a lot of deals from private sellers since none of these consoles are backwards compatable.
#35 Posted by freedom01 (567 posts) -
Yes, will be getting mine Day 1
#36 Posted by KingsofQueens (2113 posts) -

Nope. Plenty of juice left in my PS3 (and XBOX 360). 

I never buy launch consoles ever. I usually wait til their libraries are varied and diverse. 

Plus, I still have a backlog to catch up so I'm in no rush. 

#37 Posted by MarcRecon (5372 posts) -

Nope. Plenty of juice left in my PS3 (and XBOX 360). 

I never buy launch consoles ever. I usually wait til their libraries are varied and diverse. 

Plus, I still have a backlog to catch up so I'm in no rush. 

KingsofQueens

Yep, day 1 for me but there's no way in hell I'm chucking me PS3 ! I'm just going to put it in my spare room!

#38 Posted by Allicrombie (25080 posts) -
Yes, will be getting mine Day 1freedom01
#39 Posted by darkghost75 (1581 posts) -
yup paid off already
#40 Posted by EXLINK (5719 posts) -
Yup, along with an extra controller, Watchdogs, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4, Killzone: Shadowfall, and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Its going to be an expensive day.
#41 Posted by HipHopBeats (2811 posts) -

No. I'm waiting at least a year or two. Plenty of games for me to burn and catch up on my PS3. I'm not a graphic whore so I don't mind paying less for any next gen title that interests me for PS3 while PS4 builds up some worthwhile exclusives. Plus inevitable hardware failure is a definite red light for me purchasing any console at launch. Not to mention the PS4 Slim will surely make its debut once the next gen hype settles down.

#42 Posted by CTR360 (6833 posts) -
i pre-ordered PS4 with nba live 2014 watch dogs killzone SF
#43 Posted by DarkblueNinja (957 posts) -
I don't think so because most of the game I can already get it on PS3/Xbox/PC. I'll wait until PS4 release a exclusive game that I want.
#44 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -
preordered it on May 21st. The date the X1 was announced, fully paid it off aswell in june
#45 Posted by wizdom (10065 posts) -

I have one preordered, not getting it though. I just don't see a reason to get it at the moment. I will wait until sometime next year, where there are more games to play for it.

#46 Posted by dipdish (858 posts) -

My PS3 is only about 2 years old. (Originally a PC gamer here.) But, I still want to purchase PS4 at launch. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it. = )

#47 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

@dipdish said:

My PS3 is only about 2 years old. (Originally a PC gamer here.) But, I still want to purchase PS4 at launch. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it. = )

same here, but i will continue playing my ps3 games, got a big backlog to finish

#48 Edited by fusionhunter (2009 posts) -

I'll be picking it up at Midnight. As for what game I'm going to pick up along side it I haven't decided yet.

#49 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (30 posts) -

I want to but I doubt that I get one at launch.

#50 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7321 posts) -

Nope. Can't afford it, plus I haven't played my PS3 enough to upgrade already