Are HD collections a thing of the past?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Tubatica (161 posts) -

I love the HD collections of some of the classic PS2 games, and am looking forward to Kingdom Hearts Collection #2. With PS Now coming out, it seems useless for them to make any more of these, which saddens me a bit. I like the remastered graphics and sound on some of my favorite older games. What do you think?

#2 Edited by locus-solus (517 posts) -

depends on who owns the game what they want and if they are willing to use the resources to remake the game. also a good emulator could do the same thing

#3 Posted by pillarrocks (1317 posts) -

I think we'll see HD Collections coming out as not all 3rd party companies would be on board Playstation Now on day one. Would love to see Capcom do a Onimusha HD Collection like they did with DMC.

#4 Posted by marcheegsr (2721 posts) -

I have a feeling we will see less and less of these HD collections. I know it sucks.

#5 Edited by CARNAGES41 (311 posts) -

I hope they still make them

I'm not a fan of streaming games

#6 Posted by gamenerd15 (4452 posts) -

I think we will see a good bit them. The majority of consumers still would like a hard copy of certain classics, so I do not see the collections going away. PlayStation Now only offers to play games through digital methods, and it will most likely allow trophy support for older PS titles. Depending on PS Now's price point, it could be a good service. Hopefully the service is $15 at the most per year.

#7 Posted by thirdson1812 (82 posts) -

The last time Sony significantly supported collections and HD collections was back in 2012. Ever since 2013 and onwards, they didn't or barely care for it so it's suggesting that HD collections might be a thing of the past unfortunately.

#8 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71746 posts) -

I still want HD collections personally, and i don't think they will stop. It's easy for them to do it and doesn't cost them a lot of money and they could potentially get a lot of money for it

#9 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

I would like to have HD collections on the PS4. Or at least on the PSN store for download. PlayStation Now is cool and I would love to have it as an option but it does not look like you get to "own" any games.

#10 Posted by jekyll (9140 posts) -

@pillarrocks said:

I think we'll see HD Collections coming out as not all 3rd party companies would be on board Playstation Now on day one. Would love to see Capcom do a Onimusha HD Collection like they did with DMC.

I'd just love a new Onimusha game…