Are Bioshock 1 and 2 any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KIERON93 (39 posts) -
I ask as the ultimate rapture edition is coming out soon and I've never played them
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29156 posts) -
Yes they're awesome
#3 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

Yes both great games,I actually enjoyed 2 a bit more than 1.Also Minervas Den the dlc for 2 is very good.

#4 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
BioShock 1 is easily one of the best games to come out of this generation of consoles. BioShock 2 isn't bad but it loses a lot of what BioShock 1 so special.
#5 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Bioshock was great. Bioshock 2 was one of those games, while not actually bad, that felt like it was made just for the sake of making a sequel.

#6 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

Hmm, the Ultimate Rapture Edition sounds awesome. It's only going to be $30, has # 1 & 2, and it comes with all add on content. Going to be picking it up once it releases.

#7 Posted by roulettethedog (10942 posts) -

I loved Bio one ,but thought 2 was just tossed together like the Dead Space series.

#8 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I ask as the ultimate rapture edition is coming out soon and I've never played themKIERON93
If you've never played them then that is a great deal to get them both. Out of the two, I think the first game has the better story simply because it's new and fresh. I think we all could have survived in a world where they never made a sequel, but that's just me. BS2 isn't bad but it just feels too much like a cash-in on the popularity of the first.
#9 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

The are both good games, the original Bioshock is a true classic and you should definitely play it. Bioshock 2 is also a good game, however it never achieved the perfection that the first game set-up. Still, very much worth the play-through.

#10 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
They don't have good gameplay and almost every aspect of their gameplay was done better in System Shock 2. So basically, take System Shock 2, make it worse in every way except graphics, then paste it over a high school freshman's book report on Atlas Shrugged.
#11 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
Bioshock 1 was good, I haven't tried Bioshock 2, but I am considering the ultimate rapture edition.
#12 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16746 posts) -
I really like the first one, but have yet to play the second. I own it, just haven't played it yet.
#13 Posted by 2Chalupas (4997 posts) -
Wonder if the multiplayer on the 2nd will come back to life. Assuming it's still dead, it was pretty damn dead whenever I played it over a year ago, and whatever DLC pack I had was almost useless. I can't imagine it has gotten any better, but this re-release might put a little life into it. I might have to check this edition out to get all the DLC (since I didn't have the Bioshock 1 DLC and only had part of Bioshock 2). .
#14 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

Yes there real sweet.

#15 Posted by MondasM (1209 posts) -
i have to agree with the most, the first bioshock was something really special, in almost any aspect: gameplay, graphics, sound ambiance, story telling, twists, your decisions, it is a must-play game, the second one just stands in the shadows of its predecessor, although being a very good game, it does not excel in the same way, since that initial "wow" feeling is lost... :) go for it though, you wouldn't regret it... :)
#16 Posted by DiamondSlicer (206 posts) -

Almost everyone has played them, so if that isn't enough reason to pique your curiosity, I don't know what will. This is a good chance to play them.

#17 Posted by Chaos_Bladez (5801 posts) -
Really? Yeah they're both amazing accomplishments, especially BS1.
#18 Posted by Blueresident87 (5307 posts) -

2 of the best games available.

#19 Posted by Zero_resistance (232 posts) -

They're both OK, I guess.

Not a scratch on irrationals (looking glass) previous "System shock" games, though

#20 Posted by SoNin360 (5268 posts) -
They're both bonerific. Go for it, brah.
#21 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

They are both masterpieces, and must be played!