Anyone Play there PS3 on its side?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

area-killzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 area-killzone
Member since 2005 • 1012 Posts
i put my ps3 on its side and it looked like crap. you could see tons of wires coming out the side lol. but atleast it doesnt sractch the disk -_-. Does anyone out there actualy play on the side? if so how come? Less heat, less nosie, etc??
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts

Do you mean standing up? Yes, I do. It looks soooo sexy that way.

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
I don't because if I put it on its side then it might tip over and break. Here in California there's a lot of earthquakes so I wouldn't want to risk 500 dollars down the drain.
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts

I don't because if I put it on its side then it might tip over and break. Here in California there's a lot of earthquakes so I wouldn't want to risk 500 dollars down the drain. filiwian

never thought of it that way. But still, I keep mine vertical.

hy0rinmaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hy0rinmaru
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
if you mean "side" as in lay it flat so the curved side of the PS3 faces up, yes i do. it looks better that way with my TV.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
I have it lying down to fit in my entertainment center.
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

Newsboy

lollllllllllllll. God I hope you're joking.

I play it on it's side, takes up less space, better heat dissipation, don't care about wires my room is a tip anyway.

For people worried about it getting knocked over, as long as you don't have some rogue psychotic dog or people who are effectivley blind to anything below their knees (my mum is like that) in your house, it's not going anywhere.
presidentay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 presidentay
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

used to have it standing up vertically, but i was always scared someone would knock it and it would fall.

i have it lying don now to fit it the tv table unit thingy.....but to be honest, i think it makes way more noise now. having it verticle must have helped it not overheat.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I have mine standing vertical and it's about 6 feet above the floor on a TV hutch and I never really worry about it falling over because the side has enough area that it's fairly stable. Also the hutch is not exactly that easy to move, kinda on the heavy side. Even though it's on casters (wheels) it still takes a good bit of effort to move the thing on a solid floor with no carpet (the floor is durastone).
Dude543211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dude543211
Member since 2004 • 2790 Posts

if you mean "side" as in lay it flat so the curved side of the PS3 faces up, yes i do. it looks better that way with my TV.hy0rinmaru

yep yep.

dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts

mine fits perfect in my entertainment center horizontal so thats where she stays!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

on its side (vertical). it sits very nicely just to the side of the telly and next to the 360 so happy days. plenty of space for air and all that, i can even have then both running at the same time so im happy (though my electricity bill, and probably greenpeace, arent). but hey my PS3 does alot of folding so screw them :P.

i hide my wires behind a DVD shelf thats also beside the telly so they sneek up behind that and connect to the telly without being noticable which is also nice.

also, TC, if ure PS3 (or any console) is scratching discs in a certain position then its faulty and should be replaced. theres no better position or anything like that. the PS3 has been tested to play discs both vertically and horizontally so it shouldnt be scratching anything. the only time a disc drive is excused from scratching is when the user moves it while its on. im sure u know this already but just in case, never ever move a console while its on and especially when the disc is spinning. always remove the disc and turn the console off before moving it. otherwise ure just asking for disc scratches.

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts

I don't because if I put it on its side then it might tip over and break. Here in California there's a lot of earthquakes so I wouldn't want to risk 500 dollars down the drain. filiwian

i hear ya, i keep mine horizontal as well, i odnt live near an earthquake epicenter, by i have a young huge dog that likes to run through the house and things tend to fall over.

ps320071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ps320071
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
my games dont get scratched and i have it on its side
ps320071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ps320071
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
my games dont get scratched and i have it on its side
FWT_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FWT_Dragon
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

Newsboy

looool

Mine is standing up too.

Azulrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Azulrosa
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts
yes, both my ps3 and xbox are standing upright. I think they look cooler that way, and I feel that they get better ventilation that way.
Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lepuke
Member since 2004 • 644 Posts
Mines lying down since I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old who can knock it over if its vertical.