Anyone have problems with their dualshock 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22144 posts) -

I am not a ps4 owner, but I was thinking of using the controller with my pc. I heard there is a problem with the analog sticks, that the thumb grip piece comes off after being use so much. Does anyone know what I could use to replace the the thumb grip with if that ever happens to me? I tried ebay, but I didn't get any results.

#2 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11489 posts) -

I've had mine since launch and have used it a great deal but have had zero problems with it.

#3 Edited by marcheegsr (2903 posts) -

The rubber over my let trigger is peeling. But its not getting any worse at this point. I bought a new controller but haven't opened it yet. I want to buy the grips first and than put them over the triggers.

Check this out. http://www.amazon.com/Grip-iT-Analog-Stick-Covers-PlayStation-4/dp/B003NSLGW2..

I heard these really work good.

#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25846 posts) -

I've been using my DS4 on PC, PS3, and PS4 on Titanfall, Last of Us, Battlefield 4, etc and have had zero issues so far.

#5 Edited by tomahawk_ (12 posts) -

No issues with it. I put a pair of the sticky thumbs on the joysticks and it's been great.The only downside is the battery life..

#6 Edited by HitmanActual (399 posts) -

I use these. The convex ones with all the dots are useless for PS4 but great for PS3 (they both are actually made for PS3 but have been repackaged) but the concave ones with the four dots are great for the PS4 even if they are slightly bulky as opposed to the standard stick.

In the end it will save your sticks from wearing because myself and a few of my friends have all had trouble. One of them even has the rubber peeling off.

#7 Posted by commandokock (502 posts) -

the tackiness of my analog sticks isnt as good as it was on day one but it doesnt seem like the rubber coating is wearing out or anything

#8 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

No problems whatsoever since November 15th. Works pretty well on PC also.

#9 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6410 posts) -

@tomahawk_: Yeah only problem is battery life is pretty bad.

#10 Posted by Doolz2024 (9617 posts) -

Buy some Gel tabz or Grip it stick covers. (I recommend the former)

Maybe wait and see if your sticks start peeling though. I jumped the gun and bought some Gel tabz thinking mine would mess up, but after a lot of time using it with Arkham Origins on PC + some other stuff on PS4, they're still in perfect condition.

#11 Posted by mjf249 (2861 posts) -

If you are going to buy an accessory to protect your DS4 sticks, buy a pair of Kontrol Freeks. Really good for FPS games, and racing games. I haven't had any problems with mine(had mine since launch), and I only cover the right stick to aim with the KFs. For racing, I put both on.

#12 Edited by _Judas_ (750 posts) -

Hah! My left trigger is all peeled off! I don't know how this actually effects my gameplay, but it happened really fast - my left trigger is smooth. Strange...I haven't even gamed that hard!

#13 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2889 posts) -

Other than the pathetic battery life no.

I seriously consider soldering those bs leds off.

#14 Posted by ajames_123 (2983 posts) -

The L1 on mine sticks every couple of presses. The other pad i have is fine tho.

#15 Edited by Doolz2024 (9617 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

Other than the pathetic battery life no.

I seriously consider soldering those bs leds off.

Pretty funny how the LED is easily disabled using this tool when using the controller on PC, yet Sony refuses to allow some sort of option to do so on PS4.

In your case, I'd advise just covering the light with a piece of black electrical tape or something similar.

#16 Posted by rockinpapa (40 posts) -

One of my friends is using dualshock4 on PC without any problems and I play ps4 everyday and I love the controller, about the thumb pieces, I don't have any problems with them but If you get some then you'll probably be able to find something on dx.com or amazon.com.

#17 Edited by mooooo99 (1249 posts) -

i have noticed that when i play soccer games my thumbsticks wear out so i stopped playing them.. im tempted to get some covers for them in case.. apart from that the new controller is awesome!

#18 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Nope. But only had my PS4 and DS4 for a week.

#19 Edited by Grieverr (2747 posts) -

@ajames_123 said:

The L1 on mine sticks every couple of presses. The other pad i have is fine tho.

Funny, for me it's R1.

I'm kinda disappointed. I never had any issues with my PS2/3 controllers.

#20 Edited by BattleSpectre (6381 posts) -

Battery life could be better. Many hours of use and not a single problem, when they start to peel like a banana peel so will my temper. I honestly believe (even though a lot have reported the problem) that it's just a bad bunch of controllers. Has anyone from Australia or anywhere else in the world experienced the problem or is it just a problem with the American stock? (I'm from Australia btw)

#21 Posted by reddead123 (26 posts) -

my square button sticks which gets annoying but thats about it, overall the controller is a huge improvement!

#22 Posted by freedom01 (738 posts) -

no problems with mine. had it since launch day

#23 Edited by sukraj (23176 posts) -
@marcheegsr said:

The rubber over my let trigger is peeling. But its not getting any worse at this point. I bought a new controller but haven't opened it yet. I want to buy the grips first and than put them over the triggers.

Check this out. http://www.amazon.com/Grip-iT-Analog-Stick-Covers-PlayStation-4/dp/B003NSLGW2..

I heard these really work good.

nice covers