Anyone gone deep into AC Unity, is it repetitive ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I rented the game and like it. I didn't see all the bugs everyone is complaining about. Matter of fact online is the smoothest I have seen in a PS4 game in a long time. I only played twice but couldn't distinguish the frame rate and gameplay from the story mission.

So is the story and side missions varied and fun 20 plus hrs in? Please provide details since I am considering buying the game. How is the online heist missions? I played co op but its was the retrieve the food mission twice before I return my rental. I know now that there is no sailing anymore does it get boring walking the streets after getting deep into the game? Before I return the game I did my first assassination with the fat guy in the hat. I didn't kill him in the confessional. I killed him from above the church hanging on the ropes that cross over the pews. Then my last area I did was when the simulator was growing hay wire and I had to jump into this portal near the statue of liberty.

I know someone here played the game for 20-40 hrs by now. So please tell me something to convince me the game doesn't get repetitive like typical AC games can become.

thanks in advance

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

All games are repetitive

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@ewalthour: I've not played it just read reviews and watched some footage, and what I can see the missions are quite varied.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I'm only a few hours in but the mission structure is pretty much the exact same as the AC2 games.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#5 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Heck, Shadows of Mordor was repetitive as you wanted it to be and yet was still one of the most fun games I played this year. Sometimes games are repetitive because the devs made it that way and sometimes they're repetitive because devs gave players choice and players chose to be boring and lazy.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

thanks for the responses but not very helpful!! The more I read about the microtransactions and the game being considered unfinished does irritate me how Ubisoft do business. I hate microtransactions and why cant developers just give a $30 season pass to get everything? If people dont want ot pay $30 then break down the price and offer $5 packs of side missions and items we prefer over the entire pass. l would think after Watch Dog was lambasted for all the hype they would learn their lesson. I do think Unity looks and plays good from my experience but it doesn't mean that the game want collapse later on like I saw arno fall in between the ground and get stuck in the hay like in the videos.