Anyone getting Drive Club?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

As disappointed I am about the game not having local co-op, I have decided that I'm still probably going to get it because a) its going to be 'somewhat' free for PS+ subscribers (and I will upgrade to full version if I find worthy) and b) you really can't deny the graphics. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I love racing games, and I'll be bummed if I miss out on this one.

Is anyone else considering it? :)

P.S Has anyone got the 'club' thing figured out?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@thegamingjunkie:

Lots will get it, if your worried about player numbers, just remember that its the ONLY racing game on PS4, NFS is more arcady based, and the Crew felt a bit "sand-boxy"

That's just my opinion obviously, but it wont big like the Gran Turismo series or anything, unless that club aspect is revolutionary.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@thegamingjunkie: my mentality is its partially free and then I will determine If I want it for $50. People are dumb to buy the game outright without raking advantsge of bring a Psn+ member and not making sure the game Is fun enough to buy for $50.

The crew and project cars will be out right afterthe club so being a Psn+ member allow you to test the game first. We should scrutinize the game more since Sony made us wait a yr delay to determine if it was worth it. There are games I want before the end of the yr not to waste money.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I'll play the free version sure. I absolutely won't be preordering, that bridge has long since burned (thanks for that lying corporate whores, AKA advertising).

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'll probably just check out the "free" version. I still don't really know if it's more of a racing sim or more arcade-styled. If it's the former, I might not even bother with it because I hate racing sims.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Looking forward to playing it. If I like the ps plus version ill upgrade.

holonic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 holonic-
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

I'll just get it on PS+ and not pay full price.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Yea, feel free to add me if you want someone else to populate your leaderboard. I've got it preordered from Amazon.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

As disappointed I am about the game not having local co-op, I have decided that I'm still probably going to get it because a) its going to be 'somewhat' free for PS+ subscribers (and I will upgrade to full version if I find worthy) and b) you really can't deny the graphics. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I love racing games, and I'll be bummed if I miss out on this one.

I am buying it at full price, the club mode basicly is like a fotball club. You have 5 friends or so, but not anything more than that. You then compete with other clubs or even against friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#10 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@thegamingjunkie: I'm planning on trying the demo version. If I like it I will buy the full version. The Crew is also on my list but I am getting a vibe from it where it might be kind of boring, like most Ubisoft games. Really Forza Horizon 2 and Project Cars are my two most anticipated racing games right now.

rafc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

Im getting it, i need a racing game... and besides NFS, there is none. hope is as good as they say, anyways... i will wait for reviews and the first version...

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

@thegamingjunkie said:

I am buying it at full price, the club mode basicly is like a fotball club. You have 5 friends or so, but not anything more than that. You then compete with other clubs or even against friends.

Thanks, I heard from a video or something that you can "share rewards" that you earned among your club members like 'cars' or 'cash', is it true?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@thegamingjunkie said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@thegamingjunkie said:

Thanks, I heard from a video or something that you can "share rewards" that you earned among your club members like 'cars' or 'cash', is it true?

Yeah you can share cars, but i don't really know much more than that tbh. They haven't really revealed that much

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Game looks great to me. I'll give it a try and if I like it I'll upgrade.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@Terrencec06 said:

Game looks great to me. I'll give it a try and if I like it I'll upgrade.

the upgrade is free until january i believe