Anyone ever order a console from Gamestop?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Just a quick question, do the consoles come packaged well? I mean do they add any of that bubble wrap? One time I ordered a console from another site and it came without and padded protection, just in a box.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Don't remember. It was in 2004.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Yes, I ordered my PS4 from them, it was packaged well and it came exactly when they said it would.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes Gamestop is just fine for ordering brand new consoles. They are surprising good.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

Are you talking a refurb? Bought a new xbox 360 at launch and it red ringed I also bought a launch ps3 and it died before the xbox red ringed. PS3 cost me 200$ to get fixed the xbox 0$.

Not sure if your talking a refurb.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I got two PlayStation 3s from GameStop. They were packaged differently. The first was new and other one was sold in refurbished condition. The new PS3 came with product packaging as new and sealed while the refurbished console came in a generic box. The GameStop employee who authorized our transaction even showed the contents of the box before selling it to me. It did not have much in terms of protection, so I was extra careful with it. There were pros and cons to both purchases. Overall, I was satisfied with them.

Also, I picked them up from stores.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@suade907 said:

Are you talking a refurb? Bought a new xbox 360 at launch and it red ringed I also bought a launch ps3 and it died before the xbox red ringed. PS3 cost me 200$ to get fixed the xbox 0$.

Not sure if your talking a refurb.

No I mean a brand new console....do they ship it with extra protection or just in a cardboard box?

@BranKetra said:

I got two PlayStation 3s from GameStop. They were packaged differently. The first was new and other one was sold in refurbished condition. The new PS3 came with product packaging as new and sealed while the refurbished console came in a generic box. The GameStop employee who authorized our transaction even showed the contents of the box before selling it to me. It did not have much in terms of protection, so I was extra careful with it. There were pros and cons to both purchases. Overall, I was satisfied with them.

Also, I picked them up from stores.

I meant when they ship it to your house, do they pack it nicely? One time I ordered from a site I think it was Dell or new egg or something and it came in a ps3 box nice and all, but in the shipping box there was no bubble wrap or newspapers, nothing to keep it from knocking around inside.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Look, honestly my friend, if you're going to be that paranoid and worried about getting it delivered just go pick it up in stores. I have a feeling you're talking about buying an Xbox One, it's ok I have one too ;P. It sits quite nicely next to my PS4.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Alright. I am not sure. You can contact GameStop's customer service and they can tell you.