Anyone else think the PS4 needs more games this year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 markgamer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I only want about 8 physical games this year on ps4 and those are the most popular ones, i think there should be a lot more, what do you guys think?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

well sony said not too long ago that over 100 games are releasing for the ps4 in 2014 alone (games include both excluives and multi-platform). the ones i'm really looking forward to playing on the ps4 are destiny, dragon age inquisition, tom clancey's the division, everquest next, the crew, and metal gear solid 5.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

2014 looks jam packed with games. More than I could ask for.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

@barry000 said:

well sony said not too long ago that over 100 games are releasing for the ps4 in 2014 alone (games include both excluives and multi-platform). the ones i'm really looking forward to playing on the ps4 are destiny, dragon age inquisition, tom clancey's the division, everquest next, the crew, and metal gear solid 5.

I keep asking myself where the hell Sony's getting the 100 games from! From what I've seen so far there's maybe 10-15 games worth keeping an eye on this year? And I have a feeling that The Divison and EQN probably aren't going to see the light of day this year. There's way too many MMO games coming out in the market this year and it'd be a bad year to release another. Case in point we've got the PS4 release of Relam Reborn, Wildstar, ESO and Warlords of Draenor.

MGS 5 is also only supposed to be a few hours long so I'm not holding my breath for the first part of MGS5 =\

@marcheegsr said:

Please elaborate? :\

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

@barry000 said:

I keep asking myself where the hell Sony's getting the 100 games from! From what I've seen so far there's maybe 10-15 games worth keeping an eye on this year? And I have a feeling that The Divison and EQN probably aren't going to see the light of day this. There's way too many MMO games coming out in the market this year and it'd be a bad year to release another. Case in point we've got the PS4 release of Relam Reborn, Wildstar, ESO and Warlords of Draenor.

MGS 5 is also only supposed to be a few hours long so I'm not holding my breath for the first part of MGS5 =\

@marcheegsr said:

Please elaborate? :\

I have to agree with you in regards to these 100 games. I am guessing that it will be a combinations of indies, multiplatform and exclusives.

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

There are enough games for me, they just need to come out NOW haha

There is nothing to play at the moment

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Yes! yes they could. Besides the countless soon to be exclusive jrpg's the only real game I'am excited for this year on the ps4 is Infamous second son. We need more!

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

Check it out: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-discussion-1000002/100-games-for-ps4-in-2014-31075521/#15

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

well, every platform needs more games, not just a single platform... :)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

After seeing some gameplay from both Infamous and The Order, that might be all I need this year.

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

Not much to choose from now, but there will be a number of great games (some of them exclusives) coming quite shortly.
Buying any console at launch is usually starved with too few titles - thankfully we won't have to wait long.

2014 is going to be an amazing year to be a gamer - on any platform.

markgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 markgamer

yeah i know theres a ton of indie games in development! MGSV Ground Zereoes is only 2 hours long but the phantom pain is said to be hundreds of times bigger(said Kojima himself) and it looks to be a really amazing game! Also cant wait for elder scrolls online, infamous, watch dogs, drive club, destiny, dying light, the order, oh and minecraft on ps4 haha :)

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@markgamer said:

I only want about 8 physical games this year on ps4 and those are the most popular ones, i think there should be a lot more, what do you guys think?

*facepalm*

You're right!!!!! I'm sure the devs could pull atleast 50 more games out of their ass and have them out this year.

/sarcasm

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

There's plenty.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@markgamer: With Driveclub, Uncharted 4, Infamous, The Order, etc it looks good so far but they said 100 games this year. I would say by the end of this year we will see some amazing games. I think perhaps a lot of new titles such as the Division and others. It will take some time but exclusively PS4 will blow Xbone away. The devs base their decisions of the sales of consoles. Xbone isn't selling so I would guess some cancellations on titles for Xbone.

markgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 markgamer

@RimacBugatti: yeah i guess your right! I genuinely think microsoft have lost this battle, I feel they only bought the rights to titanfall to reel in xbox one sales, and wasn't there something about microsoft paying youtubers to talk about xbox one and all that? it isn't right man!

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@markgamer:

From the results in sales it's beginning to look like the hype was self made for sure. I had stated in another thread that I think personally if Microsoft went into business with Sega and had Sega completely redesign the console to Sega's standards and let Microsoft fund the project I think it would do atleast better than what is happening. Sega knows how to make consoles but they always had a limited to no budget at all really so it complicated the project every time. But with Microsoft funding the project Sega would have a little more room for improvements and I think they would perhaps give Playstation a run for their money. Microsoft just doesn't have a clue to be honest. If Sega got back into the game than I think it would be way more exciting. Playstation just has too much to insight when it comes to gaming. It's almost unfair to Microsoft really.

Jasbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jasbro
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

We only know a fraction of whats coming out this year, so lets not cry for more games just yet until we get to E3.

Im more than satisfied with the games we know about this year and i know a few of them ill replay a lot like Watch Dogs and Infamous SS, and dont forget about the free games we'll get via PS+.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

1. The Order 1886

2. Drive Club

3. MLB The Show 14

4. Infamous Second Son

5. Deep Down

6. Destiny

7. Thief 4

8. The Evil Within

9. Dying Light

10. Elder Scrolls Online

11. Watchdogs

That is a pretty good list right there and we haven't even talked about what is going to come out of E3 as surprise releases like Uncharted 4 or TLoU PS4 version. Yes, there are multiplats on my list, but games are games. Sony never said there would be 100 EXCLUSIVE titles for the PS4 in 2014.

My question is what more do you need? I maybe only buy 3-5 games a year outside of CoD. From the games I listed above I will have a hard time passing on any of them.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#20 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't care too much about the sheer quality of games that are releasing, but the number of quality looking games that are releases. I only have real interest in about 5 2014 PS4 games, only 2 of which I'm genuinely excited for (inFamous and Watch Dogs) So, to me, 2014 is looking somewhat underwhelming in comparison to past years, but I still have plenty on my plate as is so I doubt I'll be playing a whole lot of 2014 games in 2014 anyway.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@pupp3t_mast3r: truth be told, although MGS 5 ground zero is short I am looking forward to just playing it over and over again. I miss MGS game and it looks better than pretty much anything coming out plus all the gripes i had with combat have been address.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I do not see what everyone is complaining about. For only being out 3 months, the PS4 has a better library than any of the previous PS systems in the same time frame. You have Thief coming out this month and Infamous coming out next month. With Driveclub, Watch Dogs, and The Order coming out later on this year, there is no shortage of games. You also have MLB: The Show for baseball fan and The Witcher 3 coming out as well. Most developers are putting their games on PS4. It is not the fact that PS4 has no games, but that developers are taking awhile to really jump into next generation.

Jasbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jasbro
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

@gamenerd15 said:

I do not see what everyone is complaining about. For only being out 3 months, the PS4 has a better library than any of the previous PS systems in the same time frame. You have Thief coming out this month and Infamous coming out next month. With Driveclub, Watch Dogs, and The Order coming out later on this year, there is no shortage of games. You also have MLB: The Show for baseball fan and The Witcher 3 coming out as well. Most developers are putting their games on PS4. It is not the fact that PS4 has no games, but that developers are taking awhile to really jump into next generation.

Its a new system, you cant expect them to just magically be able to make games quickly for it, it took almost the entire lifespan of the PS3 for them to finally get too grips with it, it will be alot quicker and easier with the PS4 though since Sony actually went to the devs and asked what they wanted in the PS4.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

not entirely sure what your expecting is going to happen??? of course games are coming lol we have 2 or 3 delayed games still to come at some point this year, we have mgs, infamous, murdered soul suspect, the evil within coming out 29th august, E3 will suprise us with a few more games to play before the end of the year, don't worry there coming.

this is how it is i think we've lived in the ps3 era to long to the point people are blinded at how far apart games come out because of the year before and the back log people ended up having , once this year is over it will take off trust me.