ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I go to strike playlists, just to play the same strike over and over. I do bounties, but it's very boring going through the same exact environments over and over. I like leveling up in games, but level 20 is max and I hardly find equipment and weapons that are any better than what I already have.

lgbtiorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 lgbtiorg
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

no :)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's starting to get slightly stale. I do a lot of strikes, but only because it's a bounty requirement for an exotic weapon. It's also not fun trying to get ascendant materials to upgrade your armor and weapons. Takes forever to get that junk.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

yes

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I dunno... I'm level 25 now and it is starting to get a little boring... Over 25 hours in and I just got my first legendary engram tonight. -_-

Pretty close to vanguard rank 2, so once I hit 26 I'll probably try to raid.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I wouldn't say I'm getting bored, just tired of Bungies BS and piss poor handling of Destiny. Both events have been a complete joke, them making legendary's harder to get is just BS specially now they made energy and shards legendary as well.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

To be honest i was when I first played the Beta. Still got the game to play with my brother, but we never did so because we got bored to fast of it

WeazelMan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 1

#8 WeazelMan311
Member since 2004 • 9620 Posts

Yes, I was bored by level 10. I still play occasionally because there's not many other good multiplayer games yet for PS4.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

No. The drive for 30 keeps me interested.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Bored for sure. I gave up a few weeks ago after hitting 20, getting some "light" gear and making it to 21. That was enough for me.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

I dunno... I'm level 25 now and it is starting to get a little boring... Over 25 hours in and I just got my first legendary engram tonight. -_-

Pretty close to vanguard rank 2, so once I hit 26 I'll probably try to raid.

The raid is a refreshing change from the rest of the game's content but it is definitely a grind to get there. Even after you get there, seems like the only way to keep progressing is to play the raid over and over again and there's only one of them so I'm definitely starting to feel the tediousness of it all. I'm hoping The Division learns from Bungie's struggles.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I have enough of a good game rotation that its still fun for me. But I usually don't play for a few days, and then play a ton at once.

mikesyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikesyr

Played 32 hours and traded it in. Just too repetitive for me. I can't see myself doing the same strikes and raids over and over.

I liked the crucible, but its an unbalanced mess. Its a real shame too, since they could have had an e-sport if they had balanced it.

yaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yaba
Member since 2003 • 781 Posts

I made it to level 21, looked at what I had to do to make it to 27 so I could do the raids, and never played the game again.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@yaba said:

I made it to level 21, looked at what I had to do to make it to 27 so I could do the raids, and never played the game again.

What did you need to do?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I got bored after the Destiny Alpha and two different Destiny Betas.

Saved myself $60.

mikesyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mikesyr
@Jaysonguy said:

@yaba said:

What did you need to do?

After level 20, you need gear that has "light" to level, and as you level your "light", the gear you find or buy has more and more "light".

Once you have enough "light" in your gear and you can do the higher end content like the Raids(only one so far) and Strikes(at higher level difficulties).

That gear grind is one of the many things that are boring in the game.

But even once you have all the best gear, the only thing to do is more of the same content. Over and over.

So where's the new and interesting content? Well they release stuff here and there that is free, and the rest of it is DLC. None of which will likely be interesting in a couple of months as nearly all the missions involve fighting the same trash mobs and a couple of bullet sponge bosses.

Fun to do once or twice, but not much more....and that's why Destiny got mediocre reviews.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I got it and haven´t played it yet. My son plays it and I watch him so the question is not if you are bored of the game but why are you bored, To me, for what I have seen, is like any other shooter, either story or multiplayer that you play over and over again, Im SR130 in Halo 4, MW3 I´m level 80, Killzone 2 I don´t remember which level I am and so on, I still play those games and have fun.

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20  Edited By Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

I got bored after playing the first twenty minutes honestly. I tried to continue into the game until I became Level 10, tried Multiplayer disengaged from it after my first game. All my friends are going nuts while I'm just sitting here why did I waste my time?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

@Kid_Black_Star said:

I got bored after playing the first twenty minutes honestly. I tried to continue into the game until I became Level 10, tried Multiplayer disengaged from it after my first game. All my friends are going nuts while I'm just sitting here why did I waste my time?

If this is true you're a moron

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22  Edited By Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

@Jaysonguy: So wait a second... Im a moron for a game I don't own and played with my brother that he wasted his 60 bucks on??

So lets review the three options I had in my head when I read this comment

I am a Moron because I don't like the game

I am a Moron because you think I bought the game and followed my friends

I am a Moron because I posted.

Extra option: All of thee above cause I have no opinion Ok cool

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Yep, I am bored

I dont even do bounties or events anymore

the game is also too easy.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

Not even close, I work 40 hours per week, and have kids. I am only a level 10, and don't have any access to the crucibles, or raids because I haven't gotten my PSN membership yet, but once I beat the game I will. I also have Shadow of Mordor, and plenty other games to play in between like DA:2 before DA:I. I recommend playing other games if Destiny is boring now. Its not like its the only game out.

Fourdegrees11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fourdegrees11

I thought it was great throughout the entire story line portion. Really had fun playing all of the missions and strikes the first time through. Yes the story has holes and is incomplete, but it was still a blast playing through it.

After grinding up to level 24 I've almost completely lost interest.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

It's strange because on some level I do find it boring, but I just want to see the raid and I'm one level off of 26. I imagine once I get some raid gear and run that once or twice that I'll be done with it for a while. But right now when I'm playing SoM I keep finding that I just want to come back to destiny to grind...and SoM is an awesome game!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Some people have a higher tolerance for tedium than others.... Some people just have low standards.

mdbuchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mdbuchman
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

@ristactionjakso: The early levels are fun, but when you start having to do the same areas over and over, it gets old fast.

SAPS10111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 SAPS10111
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I got bored after the Destiny Alpha and two different Destiny Betas.

Saved myself $60.

Same here, got bored playing the beta so never bought it.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i got bored within an hour

boring game is boring

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

Why are so many people complaining that this game is boring and repetitive? Last I check COD and BF have you doing the same stuff over and over and over again. At least this game tries to break away from the standard FPS mold. I'm not saying this game don't have it's fair share of flaws or that its better than BF or COD, but I think its a nice refreshing entry in the shooter genre.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@octobermagic said:

Why are so many people complaining that this game is boring and repetitive? Last I check COD and BF have you doing the same stuff over and over and over again. At least this game tries to break away from the standard FPS mold. I'm not saying this game don't have it's fair share of flaws or that its better than BF or COD, but I think its a nice refreshing entry in the shooter genre.

It is such a different game than BF, CoD, Titanfall, etc though.

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

@MethodManFTW:

That's what I mean. I such a different game than the rest of the FPS lot. They don't have you doing the same things as the other shooters out there. The fact that people are complaining that i'ts so repetitive has me scratching my head. Sure you keep doing the same strikes and raids over and over again. I would rather to that then keep playing team death match and capture the flag all the time. When your bored of strikes and raids you can always play regular matches like any other shooters.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

I'm having a great time. Most if it has been in the crucible. Try multiplayer the action is fast paced and fun.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

I'm only Level 20 with my Warlock and haven't had enough Light on my equipment to level up any more. I hadn't played in over a week until last night, but even then I only played 1 Strike and stopped.

It's not really Destiny's fault though. If it was one of my only games I would play it more but I also have bought Shadow of Mordor, DriveClub, and I play NHL 15 regularly. The week I didn't play Destiny was when I bought Shadow of Mordor.

Destiny did get a little stale, but I do expect to get back into it. After the main quest I know it's going to be a grind.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

dude, i got bored with the destiny beta over the course of a day and a half, thats why i'm not gonna be one of the many people who have wasted 50 or 60 bucks on the actual game.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#38 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@Kid_Black_Star: lol

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

gameplay is very fun.... just not enough meat on it's bones, but what do you expect when they carve the game up so they can sell you bit by bit.... congrats Bungie / Activision... your combined greed has ruined Bungie's reputation.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

Admittedly, a little bored. Wish I wasn't but there it is. Guess I was hoping for more MMO in this game all what I got from the MMO was the grind. Oh well, maybe the add-on content will be better.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ristactionjakso

Actually surprised I'm not the only one in the same boat. All I see on my friends list is Destiny. I just think they released an incomplete game. They only have around 3 strike missions, literally only 4 levels that you have to replay over and over for the story, you cannot talk to others in a random strike, the three classes you have to choose from hardly have any differences. It's not a bad game, it's just not a great game. The Gamespot review nails the game 6/10.

O well, I now have Shadow of Mordor, Dust, and playing through the added dlc in Metro Redux. Can't wait till Dragon Age 3.

gnic107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gnic107

Destiny is a solid game, but the time and effort it takes to receive legendary upgrade materials is ridiculous. Also not having matchmaking on the nightfall strikes OR Heroic strikes is kind of aggravating. Then not having a matchmaking for vault of glass is annoying. We just want to play, we don't all have friends that have the same console and game.

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

Yes, the missions have gotten repetitive and it didn't really embrace the open world experience. DLC is paid and again short lived. Evolve on the other hand is already stating the all game DLC will be free which is great and will probably have a more online active community.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Really enjoyed the game until I went over level 20. No it just seems like playing a JPRG. It's turned into a giant grind fest. I haven't turned it on in awhile. Started to try and level up another character, but there are too many other interesting games out there for me to bother with Destiny.

chrisvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chrisvet
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@ristactionjakso: yes, I find this version of Halo to be boring. ha ha

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ristactionjakso

@chrisvet said:

LOL, ya but this is worse than Halo. Halo had offline splitscreen at least.

If Destiny did, it might have been a bit better.

zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

Maybe you guys who are bored of it need to just play the game and enjoy it at a slower pace instead of rushing to get to max level? I'm taking my time and I'm enjoying playing solo and with friends who live far away. It's also a social event for us.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jaysonguy

@ristactionjakso said:

@chrisvet said:

Oh yeah "I hope my TV screen could be smaller"

Said no one ever

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i still love the raids. thats pretty much it, but its enough to keep me from playing other games

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ristactionjakso

@Jaysonguy said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@chrisvet said:

Oh yeah "I hope my TV screen could be smaller"

Said no one ever

Well, ya. I guarantee a lot of people wish there were more splitscreen games/shooters this gen. And the splitscreen isn't mandatory. It's not about a smaller screen, it's about couch co-op, just chillin with a friend, drinkin some brew and enjoying some ps4 co-op. Now if you had a 24''-30'' tv, then I'd understand. But to each their own :)