Anymore news on COD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm depating between the AC and COD bundle pack for the Vita, and was wondering if there has been any new info released for COD. Right now I'm interested in both for different reasons:

• AC bundle will have AC of course and the special white Vita
  • COD bundle has COD, normal Vita, and 4 gig card

Both are $250, so that's not an issue. The issue is COD will be $50 when it is new and AC will be $40, and the COD bundle also has a memory card to get me started. Right now it seems like a better investment to get the COD bundle, but it would be nice if any info at all since the trailer and announcement of the dev has been released. As for now I'm thinking it may end up being horrible due to the devs, but there was an IGN preview vid that showed about 5-10 seconds of gameplay and it looked to be not as bad as I thought it would be and all there is on the Vita blog by Sony is text, which only goes so far compared to actually being able to see the game.

Basically, any info on COD that may be floating around is appreciated, as I'm not sure if there are specific sites that are following it more than others and I'm already really looking forward to playing AC so that's not a concern.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Actually, the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Bundle does include a 4GB memory card as well.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blueboxdoctor

I thought they took it away from it (I only say this because on both Best Buy's and Gamestop's website it does not say it comes with a card but on both sites it says the COD bundle comes with one). It would be nice if the AC bundle comes with one, at least then I'll have something to get started with before upgrading to a larger card.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Interesting how retailers have quietly removed the 4gb card in the item details.

In any case, I would still recommend the AC3 bundle over COD. The white PSV is more limited, and Liberation is shaping up to be the better game by far, or at least have a lot less question marks than Declassified.

Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/ Official site still says 4 gb memory card for both AC3 and COD bundles
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blueboxdoctor

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/ Official site still says 4 gb memory card for both AC3 and COD bundlesJack-o-Thompson

Thanks for the link, I'm probably going to be asking at the two stores now to see what's up since the official site says they come with a card. Target still has it listed as having the card, but for some reason the other two (best buy and gamestop) don't. I'd rather get it from Best Buy or Gamestop since I'm more familiar with their protection plans, which I will be getting one for it.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#7 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Amazon doesn't have the card listed either for Assassins Creed. I am just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best. I want the white Vita and the game so no huge loss if I gotta get a card too, I guess, though naturally I'd rather get it free.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blueboxdoctor

If the memory card doesn't come with the bundle, would starting with a 4 gig card be ok or should I start with an 8 gig (note, I'll be getting a bigger one in a couple of months so I'll be able to start downloading games, but for now I'll just be picking up a few games at the store).

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

Interesting how retailers have quietly removed the 4gb card in the item details.

In any case, I would still recommend the AC3 bundle over COD. The white PSV is more limited, and Liberation is shaping up to be the better game by far, or at least have a lot less question marks than Declassified.

Gxgear
I disagree, if you don't care about the color. It's a question of- do you think CoD will be worth $20? If yes, but the CoD bundle. Because once you buy the AC3:L bundle and a memory stick, you're just $20 shy of buying the CoD bundle with AC3:L.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#10 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
That made zero sense. :P
spaceboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spaceboy21
Member since 2009 • 744 Posts

Unless it's free I'd skip the 4GB. I have an 8GB since launch and I've got about 2.5GB open. It'll go fast as I'm getting digital LBP and PSASBR. I know I'll need to upgrade, but I'm hoping a 64GB gets released before I have to upgrade to 32.

At this point I wish I sprung for the 32, but 8GB can do you ok if you go mostly card as I have so far. Just definitely skip the 4.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blueboxdoctor

Unless it's free I'd skip the 4GB. I have an 8GB since launch and I've got about 2.5GB open. It'll go fast as I'm getting digital LBP and PSASBR. I know I'll need to upgrade, but I'm hoping a 64GB gets released before I have to upgrade to 32.

At this point I wish I sprung for the 32, but 8GB can do you ok if you go mostly card as I have so far. Just definitely skip the 4.

spaceboy21

thanks for the heads up, I'll probably start with an 8 gig since it's only a few dollars more.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

LongZhiZi

I disagree, if you don't care about the color. It's a question of- do you think CoD will be worth $20? If yes, but the CoD bundle. Because once you buy the AC3:L bundle and a memory stick, you're just $20 shy of buying the CoD bundle with AC3:L.

You can't disagree with something that's a fact, the white PSV is only available through the AC3 bundle:?

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"][QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

You can't disagree with something that's a fact, the white PSV is only available through the AC3 bundle:?

As I noted, my advice was if you didn't care about colors. And even then, it would be pretty stupid to buy any system/bundle based off a color. I doubt "rare" colors are going to fetch astronomical prices anytime tin the future.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"] I disagree, if you don't care about the color. It's a question of- do you think CoD will be worth $20? If yes, but the CoD bundle. Because once you buy the AC3:L bundle and a memory stick, you're just $20 shy of buying the CoD bundle with AC3:L.LongZhiZi

As I noted, my advice was if you didn't care about colors. And even then, it would be pretty stupid to buy any system/bundle based off a color. I doubt "rare" colors are going to fetch astronomical prices anytime tin the future.

The colour is more significant than a paltry 4gb memory stick, plus, anyone's who's kept up tabs with both games would know the obvious winner there.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Honestly i'd go with the ACIII bundle. It looks to be a lot more solid as a game right now, and COD is seeming really iffy. Normally Activision would be SCREECHING their own praises at this point, but they're treating it like they did the Wii version of MW3.. And theres no word on if it even has zombies or not :(

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
The 4gb will fill up so fast I wouldn't even consider that in your decision. If it was me, I'd get the AC bundle for the special edition colored Vita.