Anybody feels cheated by PS PLUS and its Starhawk Single player?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

Starhawk SINGLE PLAYER was the latest game to arrive to download for free if you have PS PLUS. I have a few problems with it though.

1) I got PS PLUS with the advertisment of 45 games in a 12 month period and the way I see it the single player side of Starhawk is half a game. Now I know alot of you will be going yeah but they class it as 1 game, Well I class a full game on the basis on what you buy from retail with single and multiplayer built in. This to me is just half a game a way for SONY to be cheap.

2) I PAID MONEY FOR PS PLUS. I normally love the PS PLUS and overall I think its a great bargin still but to pay money after being told yeah you will get 45 games in a year and then only be given half the content from what you would get from buying the game i just cant consider it a full game and I wont and i paid for this!!!

I hope this isn't going to turn into a trend for Sony with PS PLUS giving away select few areas of a game and not the full package like advertised. Its like seeing a nice watch on a poster walking in the store to buy it then get it home out of the box and find out that it doesnt have the hands to tell the time...BUT YOU GOT A WATCH!!! I just feel alittle cheated. I paid for 45 FULL GAMES A YEAR AND DAMN WELL WANT 45 FULL GAMES A YEAR NOT 44.5 OR ANY LESS

Antbody eles agrees?

#2 Posted by motherboop (2382 posts) -

They actually swapped out games for the instant game collection earlier this month. You'll notice in the store that they aren't counting it as part of the 12 games, it's just being offered as a freebie.

#3 Posted by dalger21 (1078 posts) -
I guess I don't see an issue since I have no interest in Starhawk but they are offering a lot of other things other than free games. I see your point but this is the first time I've seen them split up a game like that that they offered for free. I downloaded Borderlands a few weeks ago, played it and liked it. It persuaded me to get Borderlands 2 when I otherwise wouldn't have. Point being, they are doing a good job of offering games people want at merely 50 dollars a year.
#4 Posted by Terrencec06 (3504 posts) -

Not really. I kinda just take what they give. I personally would have never tried the game but now I can at least play the Campaign. Of all of the things Plus gives, it's hard to complain.

#5 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Stop. You sound like a complete jackass. You want 45 "complete" (like every disc they sell for $60) games for your $50? How generous and benevolent do you honestly expect Sony to be for that chump-change? It's 45 GAMES. Indie DLs, Minis, PSOne Classics, those are "complete".

Stop shooting your mouth off about First-World problems. Or go kick and cry in private. Or better-yet, cancel your Plus and stop "allowing" Sony to "rip you off". But PLEASE - Show some decorum. Krikey.

:roll:

#6 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9648 posts) -
first world problems..... They are giving out the SP now to promote the game and if you like it and want the MP, then you'll go out and buy the full game. They are probably going to to give out the multiplayer side in a year or so when the multiplayer slows down. Star Hawk is a pretty new good, stop complaining over nothing. I would love if they give out SP portions of other games. I dont even care if they give me COD MW3 SP, I wouldnt complain.
#7 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

PSN Member since ages. Only time I was ever PSN + was when they gave it away for 1 Month because of their outtage. Ever since I was so unimpressed by it that I never ever missed it the slightest to not have it anymore.

#8 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -
I do, because it takes up too much space for my 60 gig original model PS3. :(
#9 Posted by darkspineslayer (19617 posts) -

Stop. You sound like a complete jackass. You want 45 "complete" (like every disc they sell for $60) games for your $50? How generous and benevolent do you honestly expect Sony to be for that chump-change? It's 45 GAMES. Indie DLs, Minis, PSOne Classics, those are "complete".

Stop shooting your mouth off about First-World problems. Or go kick and cry in private. Or better-yet, cancel your Plus and stop "allowing" Sony to "rip you off". But PLEASE - Show some decorum. Krikey.

MonkeySpot
Seconded. Damn TC, you whiny.
#10 Posted by hiryu3 (7304 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

darkspineslayer
Seconded. Damn TC, you whiny.

thirded
#11 Posted by MFbronz (395 posts) -

MonkeySpot

fourtheded....did i say that right?

#12 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

TC, if you're going to complain about something as insignificant as this, then I expect you to download EXACTLY the first 45 games and stop altogether.

#13 Posted by RogueShodown (2818 posts) -

OP, you failed to realize that Sony promised at least 45 games/year if we get 12 games the first month and 3 every month after that. So far we've gotten extra games every month after June. Starhawk SP is the 4th game this month. The other extras have been minis and PSOne games for North America.

PSN Member since ages. Only time I was ever PSN + was when they gave it away for 1 Month because of their outtage. Ever since I was so unimpressed by it that I never ever missed it the slightest to not have it anymore.

Justforvisit

You're comparing a lackluster month Sony gave away for free last year to the much-improved offerings now. You should look at the free games, DLC, avatars, themes, discounts right now before dismissing it as a waste. Sony keeps improving the service. Cloud storage space has been increased from 150MB to 1GB, and Vita will have its own Plus perks starting in November at no extra cost. It'll get its own Instant Game Collection and 1GB of Cloud Storage, too.

#14 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1335 posts) -

No I do not feel cheated out of anything other than time wasted reading your rant. Cheer up man. Everything will be fine and you will make it through this rough patch in your life unscathed.

#15 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -
Why would I feel cheated? I'm getting a single player for free. I wasn't interested in multiplayer, which is all I thought this game was, so I'm happy.
#16 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -
Now that I've actually played SP, I think it's awesome. I won't be buying the MP but I'd rather play by myself, instead of having random users kick my ass.
#18 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

MonkeySpot
You are aware this is my opinion so you could simply replied to the question with a...no. Anyway its a plus subscription not a buy you rent the games and the closer you get to the end of the year the less and less you have to play to games until you either can't play it for any longer or you have to pay again...so yes when they say 45 games I clearly going to expect to have 45 games. Its not that hard to understand. Also whats this about first world problems? people can't say anything now without someone feeling that they are the moral arbiter. I thought this was a games site or did you just stop in on you way to Oxfam.com or to another site to send a food package to Africa...I somehow doubt it so stop kidding yourself mate...KRIKEY