Any software or use for the PS4 Eye at launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by donalbane (16136 posts) -

So I was going to get the PS4 Eye to use with Killzone when I assumed it would support the Move, but now that I learned Killzone won't take advantage of the Move or the Sharpshooter, is there any software that will work with the Eye at launch, and will the voice and gesture control stuff be there on day one?

#2 Posted by Videodogg (12548 posts) -

That is disappointing to hear about Killzones lack of Move support.

There is the built in game on PS4 that supports all the camera functions...i dont remember what it is called.

#3 Posted by kljohns2 (398 posts) -

I think it's called Game Room...If there was more support for the eye I would consider picking it up since I already have the move.

#4 Posted by Megavideogamer (5230 posts) -

Every Playstation 4 does come with the PSeye enabled illumination Room software. It is kinda like a tech demo for the new PSeye from the Playstation 4. It is preloaded on the PS4. Sort of like the Av games tech demo software included with the PSvita. Every PSvita comes with AR cards and access to free AR games. The PSvita has included AR cards.

So it is similar with the Playstation 4 illumination Room is included PSeye software. Not exactly a game but interactive Pseye demo software. There is info on PS4 PSeye games included in the PSeye box. The PS4 camera is optional but there is some games in development for it.

#5 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Aside from the PlayRoom (AR games) and DriveClub, I don't think any other game uses the PS4 Camera. I think there's a lot of secondary features like being able to broadcast yourself while broadcasting your gameplay, being able to detect players via the light bars (useful when playing splitscreen cause it'll detect where your siting) etc.

#6 Posted by donalbane (16136 posts) -

Aside from the PlayRoom (AR games) and DriveClub, I don't think any other game uses the PS4 Camera. I think there's a lot of secondary features like being able to broadcast yourself while broadcasting your gameplay, being able to detect players via the light bars (useful when playing splitscreen cause it'll detect where your siting) etc.

Well those features are pretty exciting, even if they aren't games. I have a couple of Move controllers and adore the Sharpshooter, but I've not heard anything about how they will be used. Thanks for the info.

I did hear that the new Eye will offer gesture and voice controls similar to Kinect, but I didn't hear if that was going to be ready at launch, or really many details at all. Unlike many people, I appreciate features like these and was just hoping somebody had heard something I'd missed.

#7 Edited by SLAMMIN23 (1471 posts) -

yes the voice commands and facial recognation will be on day one u just have to update the day 1 path for the ps4 when u get it i would think gesture is included on day 1