Any ps3 owners going to buy wii u?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I have never baught a nintendo console since the first system they made.

This one looks appealing but im not sure.

Are the graphics any better than ps3? I have read that it is slightly but it will be behind when ps4 and xbox720 comes out.

Im 27, some of the games seem more for a younger teenager but at the same time, I can't help but be drawn to this console.

Whos buying it here?

guitarsmash09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 guitarsmash09
Member since 2012 • 145 Posts

Nah, overpriced, snd stores will be flooding when it comes out.

Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts

I am. Going to hopfully get it with my tax return in a couple of months.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I'll get it eventually I kind of bought enough systems this year already being a Xbox 360, and 3D along with another PS3. And kind of want to see what other games come outlam interested Rayman and some other games too

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i was so disapointed with wii that im finding it hard to want a wii2 , but i can see myself getting convinced when they launch zelda

peace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 peace69
Member since 2004 • 516 Posts
Once there are better games. Hopefully a good Mario game, hasn't been one for a while. I think it's supposed to be on par with 360/ps3, but from what I've seen I'm not all that impressed honestly.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i'm not getting it.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

No, not me. I am sticking with my new 500 GB PS3, the newest model.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Um, isn't this against the rules? Oh well, my answer: no. Nintendo has long since been out of touch with gamers and has always seemed to put out a new console with gimmicks and a lot of promise, but their lack of willingness to work with third party support always comes back to bite them.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?da_chub
It's all in what games you prefer...I find that the games I prefer tend not to be released for Nintendo consoles.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I've got zero interest in it. That second screen and the gimmicky gameplay additions the developers will have to come up with just to give it a reason for existing is a major turnoff, and the button layout on that thing looks horribly non-ergonomic compared to a regular controller. I also have no interest in Nintendo's exclusives - our Wii has been sitting in the closet for 4 years now.

The idea of buying a generation 7.5 console with the 8th generation just around the corner makes it utterly pointless as well. There obviously aren't any next gen games yet, and when they are made for the PS4 and next Xbox, the Wii U will get a significantly downgraded port of them.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I'm sure I'll get one eventually since I do like owning all the systems, but not until there are a lot more games for it that interest me. I actually just got rid of my Wii a couple months ago because of the lack of games for it so I am a bit wary of buying another Nintendo console. I really want to see more core exclusives and 3rd party support. Nintendo seems to be taking a step in the right direction with getting games like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, but these are games I can already play on my Xbox and PS3 so I need to see more before I take the plunge. Also really hoping more games use the Pro controller for a more conventional control scheme. I loved Skyward Sword but the motion controls frustrated me to no end at times so I really wish they had included an option for an alternate control scheme. Hopefully this is something Nintendo corrects going forward. Just giving the players an option.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

No plans to buy a Nintendo console ever. Handhelds are different story.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
If i had the money or the time to play it then maybe.. but no.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'll probably get one in a few years time for the first party games, the same reason I got a Wii. That's about the only thing I'd buy it for, the PS4/XB3 will give it a severe beating in power and online capabilities.
WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Nope. It's good to see Nintendo finally join this generation of consoles just as it's winding down. I'll save my money for the true next gen hardware.

peace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 peace69
yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?da_chub
So you're saying a game where you mindlessly kill hundreds of people in war, is for 10 year olds? And Mario and Zelda are for adults? Parent of the year.
biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts
[QUOTE="da_chub"]yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?peace69
So you're saying a game where you mindlessly kill hundreds of people in war, is for 10 year olds? And Mario and Zelda are for adults? Parent of the year.

lol
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

[QUOTE="da_chub"]yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?peace69

He said he was 30 years old, his son is 10 years younger. Do you know what 30-10 is dummy? lol

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I buy all consoles really. I like my PS3 the most, but I've always been a huge Nintendo fan.

WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

[QUOTE="peace69"][QUOTE="da_chub"]yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?illmatic8582

He said he was 30 years old, his son is 10 years younger. Do you know what 30-10 is dummy? lol

That's NOT what he said, and if that were true, that would mean his son is 20 and was born when he was only 10. LOL

As for the actual comment, I hope it was only a joke. PS3 meant for kids, while the Wii is for adults? WTF! And 75+ Wii games?! How many different ways are there to flail your arms about playing mindless party games?

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

[QUOTE="peace69"] So you're saying a game where you mindlessly kill hundreds of people in war, is for 10 year olds? And Mario and Zelda are for adults? Parent of the year. WhiteStormy

That's NOT what he said, and if that were true, that would mean his son is 20 and was born when he was only 10. LOL

As for the actual comment, I hope it was only a joke. PS3 meant for kids, while the Wii is for adults? WTF! And 75+ Wii games?! How many different ways are there to flail your arms about playing mindless party games?

Your right sorry for calling you names. U do suck as a parent original poster lol. Sorry I'm hi
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Well you know they will be making a new Zelda for it, and a new Mario.

Hopefully Zelda follows OoT formula, and Mario follows Mario 64 formula.

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
Nope. Much rather invest in a Vita simply because of the cross buy and cross play features.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
A Wii U? :lol: Hell no. I'm gonna use that money and buy one of these. Since Obama got re-elected I advise you all start stocking up as well ;)
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

A Wii U? :lol: Hell no. I'm gonna use that money and buy one of these. Since Obama got re-elected I advise you all start stocking up as well ;)Kravyn81
Right there with ya bro. Gonna get a 12 guage, .44 mag, and a 30-30 lever action. The end is nigh.

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
Rioichi21Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Rioichi21Cooper
Member since 2012 • 246 Posts

Nah, not my kind of thing. I don't really like any of Nintendo's recent consoles to be honest I prefer my PS3 because it has a better variety of games for it.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
already got it preordered. it'll be delivered day 1ish. can't wait :D btw this should be in the PGD forums ;)
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
No, Im just gonna stick with Playstashon. only Nintendo system I liked was the Gamecube.. but only time will tell.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Probably never.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#32 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I don't plan on it, I'd rather save up and drop my money on the next Playstation within a year after it releases.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#33 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

No plans to. If they give me 10-15 absolute must play exclusive games, then I will. I wasted my money on the Wii. A first for a Ninty console.

-

Ps3 is my families go to source for a home console. Will be so till the bitter end of next gen too.

peace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 peace69
[QUOTE="WhiteStormy"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] He said he was 30 years old, his son is 10 years younger. Do you know what 30-10 is dummy? lol

illmatic8582

Your right sorry for calling you names. U do suck as a parent original poster lol. Sorry I'm hi

Apology not accepted for calling me a dummy when you thought a 10 year old had a baby. And then trying to blame it on drugs. For shame.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

i'm 24 ant I'm getting it at launch. I always get Nintendo's console firt because it's always the only one that's garunteed non-faulty hardware and the best 1st party support in the biz. Besides, the launch window's looking really good

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Rayman Legends

-Zombi U

-Bayonetta 2

-Pikmin 3

-Wonderful 101

Don't worry, if you enjoy strong gameplay and excellent design in your video games, you'll love Nintendo's first party regardless of age.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

If I have the money (which isn't at all likely), then I probably will.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Nope, but thinking about getting an XBOX360 tomorrow.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Yeah but in a few months when the price goes down.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

rage

^

MeRc_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 MeRc_10
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Im considering it, the rumors about no backwards compatibility on the ps4 with the ps3 games will be a factor in the decision making on buying just one of the systems if its true. i wont decide until winter 2013 though because we will most likely have more information on the ps4 by then. the Wii U looks pretty cool though and i miss playing nintendo games. Also have a large back log of ps3 games to play still and wouldnt mind having a (Wii U and Ps3 for a while.)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not @ launch, but absolutely sometime next year.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Nope. Got the games I like for PS3.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#45 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

No since I feel it will be one of those systems I'll get sick of and never go back to.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No I have no interest in it. I will not buy another console until 2015 at the earliest and I am only interested in the PS4. If something bad happens with the PS4, then PC only for me.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.MethodManFTW

Yeah you're a real adult **** What are you some kind of hardcore 12 year old that only plays CoD? LOL :lol: Mario, Zelda and more are timeless and anyone of any age can enjoy them, like Disney/Pixar movies. Go back to Youtube and debate more on Cod vs BF like the dummy you are.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.whiskeystrike

Yeah you're a real adult **** What are you some kind of hardcore 12 year old that only plays CoD? LOL :lol: Mario, Zelda and more are timeless and anyone of any age can enjoy them, like Disney/Pixar movies. Go back to Youtube and debate more on Cod vs BF like the dummy you are.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.jeffster85

Pretty much this jackass in a nut shell. Probably still begging for mommy and daddy to buy him the next cowadooty.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I definitely will but not this year. I always had Nintendo console next to my PC and PlayStation simply because I adore quite a few franchises.

I grew up with Super Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Mario Kart, etc.

This are iconic games that my son (who is 1 year old now) will also enjoy when he gets older. (And myself as well, probably :))

The Wii U does look to include some more mature titles, Zombie U looks great and I'm big fan of Pikmin series.

If anything, I will always have the Nintendo next console for my family and kids.