Any ps3 owners going to buy wii u?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marcheegsr (2756 posts) -

I have never baught a nintendo console since the first system they made.

This one looks appealing but im not sure.

Are the graphics any better than ps3? I have read that it is slightly but it will be behind when ps4 and xbox720 comes out.

Im 27, some of the games seem more for a younger teenager but at the same time, I can't help but be drawn to this console.

Whos buying it here?

#2 Posted by guitarsmash09 (105 posts) -

Nah, overpriced, snd stores will be flooding when it comes out.

#3 Posted by ThePhantomGamer (1809 posts) -

I am. Going to hopfully get it with my tax return in a couple of months.

#4 Posted by -Vulpix- (2380 posts) -

I'll get it eventually I kind of bought enough systems this year already being a Xbox 360, and 3D along with another PS3. And kind of want to see what other games come outlam interested Rayman and some other games too

#5 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

i was so disapointed with wii that im finding it hard to want a wii2 , but i can see myself getting convinced when they launch zelda

#6 Posted by peace69 (516 posts) -
Once there are better games. Hopefully a good Mario game, hasn't been one for a while. I think it's supposed to be on par with 360/ps3, but from what I've seen I'm not all that impressed honestly.
#7 Posted by sukraj (22826 posts) -

No i'm not getting it.

#8 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

No, not me. I am sticking with my new 500 GB PS3, the newest model.

#9 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
Um, isn't this against the rules? Oh well, my answer: no. Nintendo has long since been out of touch with gamers and has always seemed to put out a new console with gimmicks and a lot of promise, but their lack of willingness to work with third party support always comes back to bite them.
#10 Posted by da_chub (3063 posts) -
yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?
#11 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?da_chub
It's all in what games you prefer...I find that the games I prefer tend not to be released for Nintendo consoles.
#12 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I've got zero interest in it. That second screen and the gimmicky gameplay additions the developers will have to come up with just to give it a reason for existing is a major turnoff, and the button layout on that thing looks horribly non-ergonomic compared to a regular controller. I also have no interest in Nintendo's exclusives - our Wii has been sitting in the closet for 4 years now.

The idea of buying a generation 7.5 console with the 8th generation just around the corner makes it utterly pointless as well. There obviously aren't any next gen games yet, and when they are made for the PS4 and next Xbox, the Wii U will get a significantly downgraded port of them.

#13 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -
I'm sure I'll get one eventually since I do like owning all the systems, but not until there are a lot more games for it that interest me. I actually just got rid of my Wii a couple months ago because of the lack of games for it so I am a bit wary of buying another Nintendo console. I really want to see more core exclusives and 3rd party support. Nintendo seems to be taking a step in the right direction with getting games like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, but these are games I can already play on my Xbox and PS3 so I need to see more before I take the plunge. Also really hoping more games use the Pro controller for a more conventional control scheme. I loved Skyward Sword but the motion controls frustrated me to no end at times so I really wish they had included an option for an alternate control scheme. Hopefully this is something Nintendo corrects going forward. Just giving the players an option.
#14 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

No plans to buy a Nintendo console ever. Handhelds are different story.

#15 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
If i had the money or the time to play it then maybe.. but no.
#16 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -
I'll probably get one in a few years time for the first party games, the same reason I got a Wii. That's about the only thing I'd buy it for, the PS4/XB3 will give it a severe beating in power and online capabilities.
#17 Posted by WhiteStormy (241 posts) -

Nope. It's good to see Nintendo finally join this generation of consoles just as it's winding down. I'll save my money for the true next gen hardware.

#18 Posted by peace69 (516 posts) -
yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?da_chub
So you're saying a game where you mindlessly kill hundreds of people in war, is for 10 year olds? And Mario and Zelda are for adults? Parent of the year.
#19 Posted by biswajit90210 (511 posts) -
[QUOTE="da_chub"]yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?peace69
So you're saying a game where you mindlessly kill hundreds of people in war, is for 10 year olds? And Mario and Zelda are for adults? Parent of the year.

lol
#20 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="da_chub"]yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?peace69

He said he was 30 years old, his son is 10 years younger. Do you know what 30-10 is dummy? lol

#21 Posted by yokofox33 (29706 posts) -

I buy all consoles really. I like my PS3 the most, but I've always been a huge Nintendo fan.

#22 Posted by WhiteStormy (241 posts) -

[QUOTE="peace69"][QUOTE="da_chub"]yea. i would be selling my ps3 for a wii u but i will need it to play bluerays. i only bought it back then because wii didnt do dvds, netflix and my pc was needing updating. ps3 was a good choice for the last 3 years, but i have about 15 disc games for it, and i have a 75+ for my Wii. and im a 30 years old and i feel like the ps3 is meant more for kids then my Wii is. especially when my 10year old son and his friends only play only COD year after year, while i play mario and zelda. funny thing is, which game is meant for kids?illmatic8582

He said he was 30 years old, his son is 10 years younger. Do you know what 30-10 is dummy? lol

That's NOT what he said, and if that were true, that would mean his son is 20 and was born when he was only 10. LOL

As for the actual comment, I hope it was only a joke. PS3 meant for kids, while the Wii is for adults? WTF! And 75+ Wii games?! How many different ways are there to flail your arms about playing mindless party games?

#23 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

[QUOTE="peace69"] So you're saying a game where you mindlessly kill hundreds of people in war, is for 10 year olds? And Mario and Zelda are for adults? Parent of the year. WhiteStormy

That's NOT what he said, and if that were true, that would mean his son is 20 and was born when he was only 10. LOL

As for the actual comment, I hope it was only a joke. PS3 meant for kids, while the Wii is for adults? WTF! And 75+ Wii games?! How many different ways are there to flail your arms about playing mindless party games?

Your right sorry for calling you names. U do suck as a parent original poster lol. Sorry I'm hi
#24 Posted by ristactionjakso (5729 posts) -

Well you know they will be making a new Zelda for it, and a new Mario.

Hopefully Zelda follows OoT formula, and Mario follows Mario 64 formula.

#25 Posted by mstrchf12 (246 posts) -
Nope. Much rather invest in a Vita simply because of the cross buy and cross play features.
#26 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
A Wii U? :lol: Hell no. I'm gonna use that money and buy one of these. Since Obama got re-elected I advise you all start stocking up as well ;)
#27 Posted by ristactionjakso (5729 posts) -

A Wii U? :lol: Hell no. I'm gonna use that money and buy one of these. Since Obama got re-elected I advise you all start stocking up as well ;)Kravyn81
Right there with ya bro. Gonna get a 12 guage, .44 mag, and a 30-30 lever action. The end is nigh.

#28 Posted by Rioichi21Cooper (227 posts) -

Nah, not my kind of thing. I don't really like any of Nintendo's recent consoles to be honest I prefer my PS3 because it has a better variety of games for it.

#29 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
already got it preordered. it'll be delivered day 1ish. can't wait :D btw this should be in the PGD forums ;)
#30 Posted by Dogswithguns (10766 posts) -
No, Im just gonna stick with Playstashon. only Nintendo system I liked was the Gamecube.. but only time will tell.
#31 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9770 posts) -
Probably never.
#32 Posted by SoNin360 (5483 posts) -
I don't plan on it, I'd rather save up and drop my money on the next Playstation within a year after it releases.
#33 Posted by Namgis (3577 posts) -

No plans to. If they give me 10-15 absolute must play exclusive games, then I will. I wasted my money on the Wii. A first for a Ninty console.

-

Ps3 is my families go to source for a home console. Will be so till the bitter end of next gen too.

#34 Posted by peace69 (516 posts) -
[QUOTE="WhiteStormy"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] He said he was 30 years old, his son is 10 years younger. Do you know what 30-10 is dummy? lol

illmatic8582

Your right sorry for calling you names. U do suck as a parent original poster lol. Sorry I'm hi

Apology not accepted for calling me a dummy when you thought a 10 year old had a baby. And then trying to blame it on drugs. For shame.
#35 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8966 posts) -

i'm 24 ant I'm getting it at launch. I always get Nintendo's console firt because it's always the only one that's garunteed non-faulty hardware and the best 1st party support in the biz. Besides, the launch window's looking really good

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Rayman Legends

-Zombi U

-Bayonetta 2

-Pikmin 3

-Wonderful 101

Don't worry, if you enjoy strong gameplay and excellent design in your video games, you'll love Nintendo's first party regardless of age.

#37 Posted by lensflare15 (6181 posts) -

If I have the money (which isn't at all likely), then I probably will.

#38 Posted by Kage1 (6745 posts) -

Nope, but thinking about getting an XBOX360 tomorrow.

#39 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -
Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.
#40 Posted by DealRogers (4568 posts) -

Yeah but in a few months when the price goes down.

#41 Posted by InstantKlassick (1126 posts) -

rage

^

#42 Posted by MeRc_10 (41 posts) -

Im considering it, the rumors about no backwards compatibility on the ps4 with the ps3 games will be a factor in the decision making on buying just one of the systems if its true. i wont decide until winter 2013 though because we will most likely have more information on the ps4 by then. the Wii U looks pretty cool though and i miss playing nintendo games. Also have a large back log of ps3 games to play still and wouldnt mind having a (Wii U and Ps3 for a while.)

#43 Posted by Bigboi500 (29954 posts) -

Not @ launch, but absolutely sometime next year.

#44 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
Nope. Got the games I like for PS3.
#45 Posted by wwefanforlife (3247 posts) -

No since I feel it will be one of those systems I'll get sick of and never go back to.

#46 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
No I have no interest in it. I will not buy another console until 2015 at the earliest and I am only interested in the PS4. If something bad happens with the PS4, then PC only for me.
#47 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.MethodManFTW

Yeah you're a real adult **** What are you some kind of hardcore 12 year old that only plays CoD? LOL :lol: Mario, Zelda and more are timeless and anyone of any age can enjoy them, like Disney/Pixar movies. Go back to Youtube and debate more on Cod vs BF like the dummy you are.

#48 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.whiskeystrike

Yeah you're a real adult **** What are you some kind of hardcore 12 year old that only plays CoD? LOL :lol: Mario, Zelda and more are timeless and anyone of any age can enjoy them, like Disney/Pixar movies. Go back to Youtube and debate more on Cod vs BF like the dummy you are.

#49 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nah, Nintendo makes games for dumb babies.jeffster85

Pretty much this jackass in a nut shell. Probably still begging for mommy and daddy to buy him the next cowadooty.

#50 Posted by Sokol4ever (6305 posts) -

I definitely will but not this year. I always had Nintendo console next to my PC and PlayStation simply because I adore quite a few franchises.

I grew up with Super Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Mario Kart, etc.

This are iconic games that my son (who is 1 year old now) will also enjoy when he gets older. (And myself as well, probably :))

The Wii U does look to include some more mature titles, Zombie U looks great and I'm big fan of Pikmin series.

If anything, I will always have the Nintendo next console for my family and kids.