Any PS3 Games for Young Kids ???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kvkmak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kvkmak1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Was looking at the PS3 games in the store the other day. Almost all are rated T or M. Even Sonic and Star Wars Lego are rated E 10+. The only thing I saw rated E were a few sports games-- football, golf, tennis.

I was thing about getting a PS3 as a blu-ray player with extra stuff to do. I would want some games my 6yo won't have to wait five years to be able to play.

ZahrimThoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ZahrimThoth
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts

Ratchet & Clank, Sonic and Lego Star Wars are only rated 10+ for comic mischief.

The PS3 is really for mature gamers, Sony has always had this demographic. Besides the 3 titles above, the only "Everyone" games you'll find for the system are sports titles and the Golden Compass game.

You can look on www.gamestop.com and select Playstation 3 at the top of the page, then shop by ESRB ratings on the left.

Good luck!

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#3 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

im pretty sure most developers in 2007 figured most people still have PS2's and since PS3 can play PS2 games those could be bought for kids...For you, I would suggest buying the 80 GB PS3 so you can pick up Ps2 games for the time being, until the developers decide to stop making them for Ps2.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

Was looking at the PS3 games in the store the other day. Almost all are rated T or M. Even Sonic and Star Wars Lego are rated E 10+. The only thing I saw rated E were a few sports games-- football, golf, tennis.

I was thing about getting a PS3 as a blu-ray player with extra stuff to do. I would want some games my 6yo won't have to wait five years to be able to play.

kvkmak1

My kids love the Star Wars lego games and I downloaded Loco Roco for my daughter. She likes it a lot and she's 4.

ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts
My 7 year old loves Kane and Lynch:Deadmen. He has all the dialouge memorized and recites in it real time while blasting throught the game. Aw man, the kids just a joy to watch!
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Some of the games on PSN that are cheap and kid friendly.
jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts
You may not find a lot of games in discs, but through PSN you can buy games like Crash, Loco Roco, Every day shooter (wich is not rated M or T), bowling,Blast factor, some puzzle games, Ice skate(I think that is the name of the game), if you have Playstation eye they have like 2 games that use the camera instead of controllers and many more. Do a little research on what's available on PSN and you'll find many fun games suitable to kids.
ShaolinSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShaolinSun
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

rachet & clank

marvel alliance

is all can think of right now

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Little Big Planet would appeal to a young kid a lot..

That's not to say it doesn't appeal to the older generation though because it just looks plain awesome..

grathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grathan
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts

The online store has some neat kids games. I'd reccommend these for age 6

Lemmings

Calling all Cars

Super Rub a Dub

LocoRoco

Qbert

Toy Home

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts
I think Surf's Up came out on PS3
RodJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RodJR
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
u should buy him The Darkness..its the most kid friendly game out....dnt mind all the gore and 2 monster eating peoples heart out..lol...
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

u should buy him The Darkness..its the most kid friendly game out....dnt mind all the gore and 2 monster eating peoples heart out..lol...RodJR

lol that game scared the crap out of me the first time I ever played it.

TJsimulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TJsimulation
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Ridge Racer 7 is rated E for everyone, but the announcer does let out a "damn" every so often, and your kid probably won't be used to the drifting mechanics. I'd say look around in the PS3 archives here and search for only E rated games, check out the content, etc. You can also use the website called CommonSense. I think the address is www.commonsense.com

EDIT: That address works but the actual address is http://www.commonsensemedia.org/

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts

Ratchet and Clank and Star Wars would be recommended. My younger cousins love Lego Starwars.

Also some of the downloadable games off the PSN should be kid friendly. Stuff like Super Stardust...maybe, flow, Rubber Duckies game, and some PS Eye games.

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
When I was 6 I was playing M games. Also, what the hells wrong with T games? They rarely contain anything unsuitable for younger kids. It's mostly just violence with no blood.
TJsimulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TJsimulation
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Key word Violence. Personally I'd probably stop my kid from playing T games if he wasn't close to the appropriate age...or if not then I'd teach them that doing these things in real life is wrong.

As for an M rated game...better to wait IMO. Doesn't mean the kid will be corrupted of course, but I'd rather not be another parent blaming games for the reason my kid did something bad or blame the ESRB because "I didn't know the game had (this and this) in it, the ratings need to be reworked, etc etc".

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
Singstar :)
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

Singstar :)Krigon

I could just hear them on the mic "LALALALALA"

LMAO@ The Darkness comment that was funny

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
PS3 wasn't really meant for kids in the first place. Most of your PS3 owners are 18-40. I would suggest getting your kids a Wii and play some Wii or Gamecube games. Though, some PSN games are rated E, E games seem to be a rare thing with a mature driven console. It's just how it is.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

Ratchet & Clank, Sonic and Lego Star Wars are only rated 10+ for comic mischief.

The PS3 is really for mature gamers, Sony has always had this demographic. Besides the 3 titles above, the only "Everyone" games you'll find for the system are sports titles and the Golden Compass game.

You can look on www.gamestop.com and select Playstation 3 at the top of the page, then shop by ESRB ratings on the left.

Good luck!

ZahrimThoth
also you may not consider it but Uncharted is a great game my lil sister plays and shes 7
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
There is a few downloadable games on PSN that are kid friendly and the number of these games keep growing almost once a month now, although PSN get's a update once a week. If you happen to have a friend that has a PS3 that will show you what PSN has to offer then you may be very well pleased at some of the offerings that's there. There isn't that many if any games targeted to youngsters in retail stores.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

E+10 is suitable for most kids. Lego Star Wars is rated E+10 because it has blasters and light sabers in it, which are used against Lego characters that fall apart upon being hit. Not very violent, I'd say. I'd very much recommend that game for kids. You can play drop-in drop-out co-op with your kid too, if you're inclined to monitor what they do, or just for a father/mother-son/daughter activity. Lego Star Wars is probably the best game on the console you can get for kids.

Ratchet and Clank looks pretty tame, but I haven't played it all the way through and I'm not especially familiar with the series.