Any PS2 or PS3 game to play like Socom 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
I've fallen back in love with Socom 2.  It's been awhile since my clan days, but I've found myself playing a lot more (in between Tiger Woods for PS3, Fight Night, and Resistence).  Anyway, I forgot how much fun that game was... and the maps like Fish Hook, my all time fav!!! Any other games play like that? I hated Socom III and Socom CA. I need something else!!!!
51OAK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 51OAK
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
See, that is what I am saying. Socom 2 one of my all time favs, as well as Fish Hook. I would pay just to play Fish Hook in HD. Playing as seals on FH is where it's at. You will not find that experience anywhwhere else I don't think, but their have been a couple 3rd person games to almsot have the same feel. Online Saints Row is similar, but that won't be out fot ps3 that soon. I would pay $50 just for Socom 2 ported to PS3 with 1080p.
Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts

socom II was so good, loved that game with a passion, yeah they **** it up with socom III

socom 2 was golden... my favorite map was either fish hook or foxhunt

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

socom II was so good, loved that game with a passion, yeah they **** it up with socom III

socom 2 was golden... my favorite map was either fish hook or foxhunt

-_Aceofspades_-
Yeah I started playing it again. Fish Hook and Crossroads was my fav. I play a buddy once and awhile. He's not a big gamer, but we used to play Doom2 all the time 1 on 1... we had a great time. Now we do 1 on 1 with Socom. It's cool because you don't have to sit around for 4 minutes if you get killed early.
CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CRUNK3050
Member since 2006 • 2449 Posts
Desert Glory was my fav. That game was awesome they've really **** up the series since then.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
I hope for socom next gen they'll include a lot of the classic maps on the extra blu-ray space. I'm still on Socom all the time, but I am mostly playing online co-op on Combined assault. I think that CA is on par with Socom 2 with better graphics.
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
I hope for socom next gen they'll include a lot of the classic maps on the extra blu-ray space. I'm still on Socom all the time, but I am mostly playing online co-op on Combined assault. I think that CA is on par with Socom 2 with better graphics.swordfish_64
CA sucks as much as III did. I hate how they had to go and screw around with the guns, the M14 was the best gun ever on Socom 2 but NO! they had to go and screw around with everything, and how they took out the maps, well thats just dumb, they didn't want to give a fresh experience, they just got lazy.
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dsmusician
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts

I tested for Sony on Socom 1 and 2. 2 was by far the best one.  3 and CA i did not have the pleaseur of testing ( thank god)

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Loved Socom2 i Gamed it so much.... S3 sucked.... CA i actually liked because levels were way better snow levels and they were smaller less Vehicle based maps