toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I am at the last boss Jecht in FFX HD right now and can't beat him. I have tried to go get Anima, but I didn't get the destruction sphere in besaid temple and now I have to fight Dark Valefore to get back in but he kills every character in one hit. I tried getting the celestrial weapon for Tidus, but I didn't get the item in the Zanarkand dome so now I have to fight Dark Bahamut who also kills everyone in one hit. Back in the day on ps2 I had no trouble getting Anima since the Dark Aeons weren't originally in the US version so I never had this problem. My plan now is to level up more so Tidus has blitz ace, Lulu has flare, Wakka gets more strength and Yuna has more MP to casts more Holy's in the battle and hopefully their HP and stats will be high enough. Is there any easier way though or am I forced to grind for a while?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@toddx77 said:

I am at the last boss Jecht in FFX HD right now and can't beat him. I have tried to go get Anima, but I didn't get the destruction sphere in besaid temple and now I have to fight Dark Valefore to get back in but he kills every character in one hit. I tried getting the celestrial weapon for Tidus, but I didn't get the item in the Zanarkand dome so now I have to fight Dark Bahamut who also kills everyone in one hit. Back in the day on ps2 I had no trouble getting Anima since the Dark Aeons weren't originally in the US version so I never had this problem. My plan now is to level up more so Tidus has blitz ace, Lulu has flare, Wakka gets more strength and Yuna has more MP to casts more Holy's in the battle and hopefully their HP and stats will be high enough. Is there any easier way though or am I forced to grind for a while?

you can still level up and get celestial weapons for the others

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 toddx77

I can't get Yuna's since I need Anima and I can't get Anima. If I want Wakka's I am going to have to play a buttload of blitz ball games which doesn't sound very fun. Auron seems like his weapon isn't too hard though.

NeverMore0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NeverMore0
Member since 2003 • 1278 Posts

You don't need the celestial weapons to kill him, though of course they help. Kimari's is very easy to get. Lulu's is easy for some people, but hard for others. Rikku's is easy, though having a no encounters weapon/armor makes it go a lot faster. You can get Auron's easy enough, just takes a little time.

Avatar image for LegendaryBadass
LegendaryBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 LegendaryBadass
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts

@toddx77: My little brother played this one back in the day and remarked how the final boss was ridiculously easy. I recall past and more recent games having tougher bosses. This is one of the few I didn't play much, but I doubt my little brother had all the character with their best weapons. You may have to grind.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@toddx77:

You aren't at the last boss ... and in between the battle again Sin ( like in between the moment you beat his wings and the moment you go infront of him on the flying ship ) you can go back into each temple otherwise I'm not sure you have that opportunity. And yes it is way easier to beat Jaect with Anima or almost single shot him with Tidus last overdrive with his ultimate weapon. Even then, you better not depend on Yuna's summons ... just saying

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#7 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Also, you can trick the game a little ... what I mean is if you go after the ultimate weapon for each caracters ( they aren't hard outside of Tidus ) they all have incredible habilities like for Auron he gets first strike no matter if the ennemies get first strike ... so you can use that at you advantages by having him in your groupe and swich him to someone else that could kill the monster one shot before it could attack ...

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Can't you just use Zanmato?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@toddx77 said:

I can't get Yuna's since I need Anima and I can't get Anima. If I want Wakka's I am going to have to play a buttload of blitz ball games which doesn't sound very fun. Auron seems like his weapon isn't too hard though.

Valefor is pretty easy compared to the others ones

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

No, you're not screwed. You may need to grind a bit in Omega Ruins, but I recommend farming One Eye in the Monster Arena for Triple AP weapons, then farm Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena. If you have a Triple AP + Triple Overdrive + Overdrive -> AP setup, you can max out your sphere moves in one battle. Having the requisite gear for that trick, however, is the rub. The items needed for customization are a pain to obtain.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@toddx77 said:

The only Dark Aeon who really gave me any kind of headache was Dark Anima - Bahamut can be cheesed by counterattacking so he never fires off Mega Flare. And every Dark Aeon can be cheesed by just paying off Yojimbo to Zanmato their asses. Even Penance can be KO'd in that manner.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 toddx77
@Basinboy said:

No, you're not screwed. You may need to grind a bit in Omega Ruins, but I recommend farming One Eye in the Monster Arena for Triple AP weapons, then farm Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena. If you have a Triple AP + Triple Overdrive + Overdrive -> AP setup, you can max out your sphere moves in one battle. Having the requisite gear for that trick, however, is the rub. The items needed for customization are a pain to obtain.

I kind of did this. I kept grinding in the omega ruins for like 2 days and moved about 40-45 spaces on the sphere grid for Tidus, Auron, and Yuna with Lulu moving about 35 spaces. A mob dropped a half MP rod for Yuna and with that and Yuna knowing double cast and flare it was enough to finish the game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Basinboy said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@toddx77 said:

The only Dark Aeon who really gave me any kind of headache was Dark Anima - Bahamut can be cheesed by counterattacking so he never fires off Mega Flare. And every Dark Aeon can be cheesed by just paying off Yojimbo to Zanmato their asses. Even Penance can be KO'd in that manner.

i have trouble getting Yojimbo, but i might not have high enough level