always running out of memory on my ps3 . . all the games are very demanding

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by archangellestat (151 posts) -

first of all where is my memory hidden ? i mean i bought fallout 3 the other day and i had to uninstall ps home the close beta to make room for it . . now am thinking of taking back fallout 3 and dunno how to get back the memory its using . . 1) QUESTION: What do i need to delete ?

and all those updates ? they are really demanding . . anyway . . if u have the same problem u know . . i cant even download a demo . . i have to delete games i've bought to make room for demos so i guess something is wrong . .

please tell me what do i need to delete . . the save file ? what ?

#2 Posted by archangellestat (151 posts) -
i found the solution . .
#3 Posted by theMarshell (602 posts) -
Whoa how did you run out of memory, you must have a great deal of stuff on there. Ok about your question too find out how much you have left go to system settings and I think you go to system information after that. Too know what you need too delete go thourgh your files(music,videos,demos) and delete what you don't need, and about your save question the game itself doesn't take up much memory unless you have games that need an install. By the way what Model do you have.
#4 Posted by archangellestat (151 posts) -

i have the 60 gb model and for the past year i've been trying to sort it out . . delete what i dont need and download what i want to check out . . but today i found the solution . . i went to game data utility and deleted all the data files of games i dont play anymore . . i mean fallout only needs 5 gb . . i was astounded to find my memory hiding in there . .

i mean . . a week ago i had to delete video files i had in eye create of very intimate moments of me and my friends in the old country just so i can get to play home

#5 Posted by Taioa (148 posts) -

Weird... I have 12+ games and have never had a problem with space...

why not pay for a massive hd upgrade? Get like a 120GB + drive or something

#6 Posted by theMarshell (602 posts) -
Wait since when did fallout take so much memory, I have the 360 version(I personally hate the game but thats just me) anywaydo you have to install it or somthing because I never thought it would take up so much.
#7 Posted by archangellestat (151 posts) -
i've owned played and installed on my system pretty much all the games available on the ps3 since launch . . and as for the fall out i got bored of it now but it does take up to 4.5 gb
#8 Posted by ZacherWol19 (1336 posts) -
Wait since when did fallout take so much memory, I have the 360 version(I personally hate the game but thats just me) anywaydo you have to install it or somthing because I never thought it would take up so much.theMarshell
Yes on the PS3 you install games so the loading times are shorter
#9 Posted by rogelio22 (2342 posts) -
get a 500 gb hdd
#10 Posted by archangellestat (151 posts) -
no . .
#11 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
I don't think I've ever filled up my 60gig and I have quite a few things. I'm glad you finally figured out how to delete game data though...way to figure out how to use your console.
#12 Posted by davidsnakemgs (60 posts) -

Well i got the 80G when they first came out man and i play a **** load of games and have alot DLed movies on mine and i still got like 30Gs left the only thing is are thoes damn updates no matter what you will eventually have to upgrade no matter what you have on it.So just get the new HD,I suggest a 250g or higher there is no point in anything less i got a 1T commin in the mail from new egg 175$ and that is PLENTY of space for a average to ubove average gamer i think.And if you dont know how to do it just go to YOUTUBE.COM or somthin to show ya how it goes lol.

PSN-Stickupkidns13

#13 Posted by JayProBii (1074 posts) -

I'm out of space on my 40GB but I'm getting a new 320GB HDD so there won't be anymore problems.

#14 Posted by guynamedbilly (12919 posts) -
Old thread...