Adventure Games! My cheap, temporary cure to boredom.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rizer
Member since 2003 • 986 Posts

Adventure Games! I’m super duper into them right now! I’m not sure why but with all the let downs I’ve been trying out, so far for the last 3 months or so all I’ve really been into is my next The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Game: Season 2 updates. This in effect, got me into an adventure game funk and I just downloaded everything TellTale games had on the PSN easter weekend sale! Monkey Island, Jurassic Park, Back to the future, and Sam and Max! Woot! Some of these I haven’t played and some I have before but all these full season only cost me $4. That’ll keep me occupied for another month or so.

I’ve become a big TellTale fan as well. Looking forward to the upcoming Game of Thrones game. TellTale been on the roll as far as their writing is concerned so I hope they can pull it off effectively.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

You should really look into getting Darksiders 1 and 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Those are Action RPGs. Shouldn't we be reccomending more adventure games instead ?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The Dead Space series is really great for action and adventure.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ MarcRecon

Hardly.... Theres more action than adventure. Alot more.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@Rizer: I completely understand. I bought TWD on disc and loved it. I'm gonna wait for season 2 to be available at retail, but I'm having a hard time waiting. Bought Wolf Among Us and I think it's awesome. I wish more people were talking about it.

I bought the Telltale games in the flash sale as well. I had played the back to the Future demo but never bought it. I'm glad I got Jurassic Park as well, I thought that was PC-only, for some reason. I've liked the Sam and Max games since the early 90's on PC, so I hope they kept the charm and humor. I also enjoyed Monkey Island point-and-click game on the PC, though I didn't play it much.

I wish I could recommend similar games, but I don't know of any on consoles.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Loved the first season of The Walking Dead, now just waiting for all the episodes of season 2 to release so I can buy them.