Activision changing PS4 as the lead platform

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

After many years of Xbox 360 being the lead platform and even with the X1 having timed exclusive aswell with the last game.

Link

This morning Dodd posted on NeoGaf something quite interesting:

I’m not ready to jump on the XB1 is doomed train yet. Titanfall, or really any game, can turn the fortunes, but as of now – yes, good start but valid concerns. The PS4 is above and beyond all projections and publishers are re-calibrating to this. I heard that Activision is going to make a public announcement about COD changing to the PS4 as lead platform. I have no idea if this means DLC (I assume MS locked that down for multiple years) but COD was a XBOX 360 game that happened to be on the ps3 last gen. That will be a hugely symbolic move… and don’t discount what that means to the masses.

That’s actually quite believable, especially considering how Activision seems to be very favorable to Sony’s consoles with Destiny and its very much advertised early access to the beta for PlayStation players. Activision and Electronic Arts seem to have somewhat switched allegiance between the latest generation and the new one.

The next Call of Duty was also allegedly showcased at Destination PlayStation, which definitely seems to match a possible switch.

In addition to that (and talking about interesting changes from the old generation) Dodd also mentioned that PS4 is selling more than Xbox One on the digital games from.

Also, don’t sleep on inFamous. It will be very, very, close to Titanfall XB1 this month. Sony is also doing far more digital sales than MS so far (which is a weird switch from the middle of last gen).

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

the ps4 should be the lead console regardless of sales when it comes to which console to make a multiplatform game on and which to port it over to. the ps4 has been proven to be the more powerful console so it wouldn't make any sense to port a game over from a less powerful console.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

about time, last generation was completely and utterly flushed due to Xbroke DVD level development. Like I said before RE6 7+ years into PS3 came out at 11GB leaving 14GB empty and that explains the paper bag graphics, no MOVE or 3D features not to mention the pathetic scope and scale of most 3rd party games. They were all dumbed down to DVD level Xpoop. Sure now Xboner is Blu-ray ready but it's still the inferior console... so they need to start earning their/our money for this crap. If people didn't think we deserved massive multiple Blu-ray games like FF or RE etc, on PS3 then do they finally think we should get massive multiple HD graphic/1080p gaming on PS4? if not you're retarded. We should have had that on PS3, but Microbribe crippled the entire industry with bribing to make their Xbroke2 the default platform.

You can talk all you want about sales dictating which platform should be the default, but if Microbribe does what they've done in the past... they'll just pay MORE to dumb down another generation all over again. Blame yourself for supporting their laziness and corrupt business protocol. It happened on PS3, it can happen again... just stop buying the games if they sellout to Microsoft. Cull the corrupt, only the developers with integrity will survive.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

@yixingtpot: i agree. Sony had the better console, but the Cell held it back last time. This time the tables have turned

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

It's something about the American culture, and how it affects the world, I guess. Whatever I watch or read, if it has a game theme, there's a big chance that it has Xbox brand in it. So, Xbox will always be there, even if it stays with lower resolutions compared to PS4 and a single commercially successful title like Titanfall, which is also on PC, so not an exclusive. Seriously, maybe I can write an essay about consoles, linking it to cultural studies. = )

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@dipdish:

That's a very INTERESTING observation about influence from American culture.lol

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dipdish

@MarcRecon said:

@dipdish:

That's a very INTERESTING observation about influence from American culture.lol

If you would like to elaborate on the topic, share your own very interesting ideas. Maybe you end up in my future essay.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride

@dipdish: Well it's certainly not doing well here in europe. I am not surprised it's changing platforms

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Well that is good.. Now if only Activision would make some good games...

@yixingtpot said:

about time, last generation was completely and utterly flushed due to Xbroke DVD level development. Like I said before RE6 7+ years into PS3 came out at 11GB leaving 14GB empty and that explains the paper bag graphics, no MOVE or 3D features not to mention the pathetic scope and scale of most 3rd party games. They were all dumbed down to DVD level Xpoop. Sure now Xboner is Blu-ray ready but it's still the inferior console... so they need to start earning their/our money for this crap. If people didn't think we deserved massive multiple Blu-ray games like FF or RE etc, on PS3 then do they finally think we should get massive multiple HD graphic/1080p gaming on PS4? if not you're retarded. We should have had that on PS3, but Microbribe crippled the entire industry with bribing to make their Xbroke2 the default platform.

You can talk all you want about sales dictating which platform should be the default, but if Microbribe does what they've done in the past... they'll just pay MORE to dumb down another generation all over again. Blame yourself for supporting their laziness and corrupt business protocol. It happened on PS3, it can happen again... just stop buying the games if they sellout to Microsoft. Cull the corrupt, only the developers with integrity will survive.

Yes, clearly the problems with Resident Evil 6 was available disk space.

"Xbroke, Xpoop, Xboner, Xbroke2, Microbribe" - dude... wtf

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dipdish

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dipdish: Well it's certainly not doing well here in europe. I am not surprised it's changing platforms

"PlayStation 4 sales crossed the 6 million milestone earlier this month, whereas Microsoft hasn't updated its Xbox One sales tally from the 3.9 million mark it revealed in January." (Gamespot News.)

So, this time it does not look so popular anywhere.

I just wish that both Xbox and PS fans should be able to see ups and downs in the companies they love so much. When you do not complain about any wrongdoings, they would not make things better for you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@dipdish said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

"PlayStation 4 sales crossed the 6 million milestone earlier this month, whereas Microsoft hasn't updated its Xbox One sales tally from the 3.9 million mark it revealed in January." (Gamespot News.)

So, this time it does not look so popular anywhere.

I just wish that both Xbox and PS fans should be able to see ups and downs in the companies they love so much. When you do not complain about any wrongdoings, they would not make things better for you.

That's true

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

Well that is good.. Now if only Activision would make some good games...

@yixingtpot said:

Yes, clearly the problems with Resident Evil 6 was available disk space.

"Xbroke, Xpoop, Xboner, Xbroke2, Microbribe" - dude... wtf

a typical challenged individual... if they cram the game on DVD, a format with much smaller capacity... and since I've never been ignorant enough to support Microsoft destroying console gaming, I really don't know how many 'DVD' discs they used to handle the 'massive' game of a whopping 11GB!!! whoa, perchance did they require the utilization of 2 DVD discs? bloating and entire DVD full then a smattering of a second? The average person with an I.Q. of 100 would assume that leaving 14GB or a single layer Blu-ray disc EMPTY means they didn't even bother upgrading the PS3 versions graphics to HD, one look at the resulting ported game gives active brain matter a spark of reality, it was dumbed down to fit on a DVD platform console... XBROKE. Once again, I realize you're challenged... the game in short, should have been at least 3 times the quality in graphic and sound fidelity. If designed for the PS3 a BLU-RAY format system the average thinking person would have demanded a dual Blu-ray disc game a la RE2 on Playstation, that was a 2 disc game of that systems format, CD. If you consider that exponential ratio of logic, we could of had a 50+ game, up to 6 times the gaming experience depending on the actual content of the storyline, HD graphics, HD sound, MOVE controls, and 3D to boot. All such concepts require more capacity that simply would not fit on ONE STUPID DVD. Hence the reality of Microsoft ruining and entire generation of 3rd party bribed developers who defaulted to a inferior DVD console.

PC morons, don't even bother going there, PC is not console. This dilemma is regarding what was the PS3 Blu-ray situation vs. the XBROKE DVD poop on a stick.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

With the whole debacle on COD having less resolution was a really big deal. I don't see that changing anytime soon

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

@barry000 said:

the ps4 should be the lead console regardless of sales when it comes to which console to make a multiplatform game on and which to port it over to. the ps4 has been proven to be the more powerful console so it wouldn't make any sense to port a game over from a less powerful console.

Well, the PS3 was the more powerful console last gen and almost all multiplats where made on the 360 first and ported over. It's not about power, it's about ease of development. It is looking like this gen PS4 is the one that's easier to develop for.