activation codes - used games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaijin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gaijin96
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hey guys,

didn't know where else to ask. I kinda need your help because I cant find information on it...

I wanna start with the Mass Effect series (ME2 and ME3 both for PS3) since I didn't ever play it. I would like to get it used because I'm a poor student and I'd like to know if there is an activation code of some kind.

Or is it completely playable when its used? Like GTA V for example...

Also does someone know what's with Mirrors Edge? I'd like to get that one too.. missed so many awesome games.

Thanks guys ;-)

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

I think ME2 had a code for the DLC download 'Network' attachment... but you can buy it seperately, so there isn't much harm in buying either of these titles used. Both will play, though you will miss out on any included specials that come with them new (by now, all that content should be available for download off PSN for a cost).

Not sure about Mirror's Edge. Sorry.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

ME didn't have any multiplayer parts,so no activation codes required.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

ME didn't have any multiplayer parts,so no activation codes required.

Mass Effect 3 does. Its online portion requires an Online Pass, but I think they've since dropped the requirement or you're able to get it free on the PlayStation Store. As for Mass Effect 2, there's a code for some sort of extra content with new copies. I think it's just an interactive comic or something that tells you the story from the first game.

So basically, you'll be fine playing these 2 games without their respective codes. You might be missing out on a little bit with the one that comes with Mass Effect 2, but I don't think that's really a big deal since you get most of the game's DLC on disc with the PS3 version anyway.