AC Unity to include microtransactions

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70603 posts) -

I am fine with this as long as it doesn't give players stuff that they could have gotten by just playing the game. Otherwise i am fine with this

#2 Edited by SoNin360 (5340 posts) -

Apparently AC3 had them but I don't even remember them.

I am fine with this as long as it doesn't give players stuff that they could have gotten by just playing the game. Otherwise i am fine with this

Isn't that exactly how it's going to be in this game? And that's pretty much always how microtransactions work anyway. I guess I'm not bothered as much with them when it comes to SP games or SP portions of games. Of course, it is sad to see that they are crammed into games that cost full price. But I guess if easy money continues to be made from them, they won't go away.

#3 Posted by ewalthour (650 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I agree about as long as it wasn't something that could have been in retail game. The bottom line is I rarely ever buy season packs when I already gave them $60. I be damn to give a developer $90 to $100 with all these season passes that arent worth nothing but some extra outfits etc.

#4 Posted by AJC3317 (2504 posts) -

I probably wasn't going to buy this at launch anyway, but crap like this just makes me want to buy it even less

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70603 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

Apparently AC3 had them but I don't even remember them.

@The_Last_Ride said:

Isn't that exactly how it's going to be in this game? And that's pretty much always how microtransactions work anyway. I guess I'm not bothered as much with them when it comes to SP games or SP portions of games. Of course, it is sad to see that they are crammed into games that cost full price. But I guess if easy money continues to be made from them, they won't go away.

Yeah they were in some parts of AC, but they were very small parts of it and AC IV aswell. SP DLC is fine as long as it isn't something taken out of the game and they demand money for it. It's here to stay sadly.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70603 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I agree about as long as it wasn't something that could have been in retail game. The bottom line is I rarely ever buy season packs when I already gave them $60. I be damn to give a developer $90 to $100 with all these season passes that arent worth nothing but some extra outfits etc.

Season Passes are overrated