Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

After using a 64GB memory card for the Vita (genuine, fulfilled directly by Amazon Japan) for around 6 months I have to weigh in and tell anyone considering the import not to bother.

Random cases of longer than normal load times (as much as 8x), getting stuck in indefinite load loops, music THAT starts playing a few seconds late or cutting out entirely mid-stream are just some of the issues I've experienced. These issues are always solved if you close the game and load it up again, but why should the games only work properly sometimes?

The issues persisted (just less frequently) even after formatting the card and going through the laborious process of stocking it with games again. I had no issues for a while and then I'd run into one of the above problems one in four times. Post-format it doesn't seem as bad, but do you really want that epic music cutting out the first time you see an important cutscene?

These issues don't make themselves apparent for weeks sometimes, and by then it might be too late to return it to your import vendor or messy to return straight to Japan. Truth be told it just isn't worth it. Get a couple of 32GBs instead. I've yet to hear any horror stories with those cards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Perhaps you have a bum card? I've had no issues for about a year of use now.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Well thanks for the heads up.

i was planning on upgrading my 32gb card for a 64gb soon since im running out of space (only have 9gb left), but after reading this i'll just get another 32.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

More than likely this is the case. Which gets back to my one of my points: Returning this thing is really difficult now that so much time has passed before the issues started up. If the import barrier wasn't in place (or if you happen to live in Japan) this might not be that big a deal, but as it is I'm not sure it's worth risking it for a product that is difficult to return.

I'm going to try Sony's UK customer service line and see if they are able to help offer a replacement even though it's a bit outside of their jurisdiction. I'll let you guys know the results.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

same, my 64gig card is working fine

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

My 64GB card has been working fine as well. I also imported it from Japan. Currently I have 30 GB still left on it and contains more than 20 games.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

Planning to upgrade my 16GB card soon, but this isn't the first time I've seen someone having problems with 64GB cards. Hmm...

If I ever get one, I hope it won't give me issues.