6 Free games coming to the VITA next week via PS Plus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beanz777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 beanz777
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

This is quite cool, I just got a vita recently. Had Uncharted and Gravity Rush on my wishlist

http://kotaku.com/5960140/playstation-plus++and-six-free-games++come-to-the-vita-next-week

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Thought I'd link to the Gamespot article and quote it a bit.

"The premium subscription service will launch November 19 through the v2.00 system update. Just like the PlayStation 3 version, PS Vita owners can sign up for three months of PlayStation Plus for $18 or they can elect to subscribe for the entire year at $50.

Gamers who currently hold a PS3 PlayStation Plus subscription will not need to pay extra for access to the PS Vita version.

PlayStation Plus on PS Vita will offer subscribers 1GB online storage for game saves, automatic updates, and Trophy synching.

Additionally, members will gain access to Sony's Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush, and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as the PSP title Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions."

artitech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 artitech
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

Yup, pretty sweet. Had a Vita since launch but the only game on the list I have is Gravity Rush so this is an awesome surprise. I wasn't expecting much, maybe games like Modnation, Hot Shots Golf. SSD, etc.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

I knew I would already have all of the games. Still awesome, nonetheless. I wonder how frequently games will go in and out, and I hope they go back to adding PS1 games every once in a while.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I traded in my physical copies of Uncharted&Gravity rush. But this is really pulling me towards getting plus.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#6 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
It's my birthday today and my mom's getting me a 50$ PSN card. Now I've got to figure out whether I want a year of PS+ or Need for Speed: Most Wanted... I've kind of been against the whole "paying for games I don't own" idea of PS+, but this is really tempting...
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
EU users get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Tales From whatever it is, no Wipeout. NA gets a better deal for a change.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IdioticIcarus

EU users get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Tales From whatever it is, no Wipeout. NA gets a better deal for a change.Floppy_Jim

It's Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and everyone should go play it, now.:P

But watch, the EU + will probably be updated more often.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]EU users get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Tales From whatever it is, no Wipeout. NA gets a better deal for a change.IdioticIcarus

It's Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and everyone should go play it, now.:P

But watch, the EU + will probably be updated more often.

Seriously. That game is awesome.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Have all of them except Wipeout and of course Jet Set. But this awesome either way
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Traded in Uncharted and Gravity Rush...mmm good stuff get a chance to play them again and haven't played Jet Set yet, the games and features are so far..not too bad if Sony steps up their game with the VitaPS+ features then I might considering getting PS+, don't have a PS3 so don't give a fudge about anything related to it with PS+.

And these games are like the PS3? Have them for that month then they are no more and a new set of games is avilable the following month ? Wouldn't really bother me a Month is a good amount of time to enjoy a few games.

johncraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johncraven
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

so glad i got rid of uncharted, gravity rush and wipeout, now I get them all back for free ahahahahah

(I probably wont play any of them though, wipeout being the most likely)

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

Awesome, I just paid my 1 year subscription a couple days ago. ;)

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blake135

Im a idiot new to PS+ and Guess ill ask here for someone to confirm, If i download these *free* games do I get to keep them for as long as I keep paying for PS+ ? Or are the free games only avilable for a certain time then wiped when the store is updated?

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

The US gets Wipeout and Jet Set Radio! Really hope Europe get those next month. They said on the PS blog Europe is getting 2 of the 4 games cycled each month, with Uncharted and Gravity Rush being on there for a while. Jet Set Radio needs to be on the Vita in general. No idea why we don't have it yet. How long has the US had Jet Set Radio on Vita?

artitech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 artitech
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

And these games are like the PS3? Have them for that month then they are no more and a new set of games is avilable the following month ? Wouldn't really bother me a Month is a good amount of time to enjoy a few games.

Blake135

On PS3 there is 12 free games at a time. I think it's something like twice a month they exchange one of the games for something new. I expect the Vita version to operate similarly, I doubt they'll be swapping out games as often considering Vita has a much smaller catalogue. Maybe swapping out one Vita game and one or two PSP games a month.

If you download the games, you'll have access to them for as long as you have ps+. If your subscription runs out then you won't have access until you resub. Also you can delete the games and redownload them later.

@burgeg

JSR was supposed to come out in October I think but was delayed last minute.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Im a idiot new to PS+ and Guess ill ask here for someone to confirm, If i download these *free* games do I get to keep them for as long as I keep paying for PS+ ? Or are the free games only avilable for a certain time then wiped when the store is updated?

Blake135

You keep them as long as you're a subscriber. Even after the games are cycled off the store, you'll still have the games.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blake135

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

burgeg

You keep them as long as you're a subscriber. Even after the games are cycled off the store, you'll still have the games.

Oh WOW Got a free month of PS+ TO use I might give it a try then most likely sign up this is awesome, alittle worried how Vita PS+ will go considering it doesn't have a huge library also deciding which games I will buy or wait out to see if they come free on PS+:P thanks for the reply.

Also DAM YOU SONY you got me, gotta buy a bigger memory card now haah well played Sony, hoping they bring out a 64GB Card.

beanz777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 beanz777
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

Blake135

Oh WOW Got a free month of PS+ TO use I might give it a try then most likely sign up this is awesome, alittle worried how Vita PS+ will go considering it doesn't have a huge library also deciding which games I will buy or wait out to see if they come free on PS+:P thanks for the reply.

Also DAM YOU SONY you got me, gotta buy a bigger memory card now haah well played Sony, hoping they bring out a 64GB Card.

Just make sure to download (in your downloads history) whatever it is you're interested in even if you don't plan to play it anytime soon. Because once they remove the game from the store it might never come back for free again

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IdioticIcarus

Do you guys know if sub accounts can have PS+?

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

So can amybody answer, I know you have the games.for as long as you have PS+ but do I constanly have to be connected online to play them?

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

So can amybody answer, I know you have the games.for as long as you have PS+ but do I constanly have to be connected online to play them?

Apocalypse324

No you simply download them and save them to a memory card they aren't streamed.:)

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

so glad i got rid of uncharted, gravity rush and wipeout, now I get them all back for RENT""" ahahahahah

(I probably wont play any of them though, wipeout being the most likely)

johncraven

Fixed. :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Cool for those that don't have them I guess? I own them all (beside Jet Set Radio which I don't care at all), but they should have really used + from the beginning ...

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

TwistedShade

No you simply download them and save them to a memory card they aren't streamed.:)

awesome thanks, looks like Ill be getting PS+ this weekend